• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Calcutta

Starlink

Yep we were out for our evening walk and saw it, my wife started getting a bit weird about it because there were no planes in flight tracker.

There's 362 of them up there at the moment..    imagine what it will look like by the time they've finished:

In total, nearly 12,000 satellites are planned to be deployed, with a possible later extension to 42,000

Interesting global project though..   I wonder if their internet will be cheaper than our local ISPs..

36 minutes ago, Uptherebels said:

Tonight again. Just before ten pm, depending on where you are .

Can you remind us later?

We went and looked but it was too cold. Need to wrap up warm at night these days

1 hour ago, Boglet said:

Yep we were out for our evening walk and saw it, my wife started getting a bit weird about it because there were no planes in flight tracker.

Yes mine too, out around Ham common and she started getting very nervous indeed seeing so many moving objects obviously well above the height of planes.

I went out last night after the Trump presser finished about 1AM because there are supposed to be Lyrids if you look North East. As with everything about the NE it let me down badly (a little hook there for XYY to jump in) and I saw fuck all. I'll try again tonight - which way and what time to look for the satellite train?

1 hour ago, Boglet said:

Here's another pretty cool one with visualisation

https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/?special=starlink

Cheers, I'd not even heard of this Starlink thing until reading this thread. Quite keen to see it now.

What @Loki said upthread got me looking, I'd never really thought about it, but Elon Musk does seem to be pretty [Redacted]ish. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Cheers, I'd not even heard of this Starlink thing until reading this thread. Quite keen to see it now.

What @Loki said upthread got me looking, I'd never really thought about it, but Elon Musk does seem to be pretty [Redacted]ish. 

I don't think he's an actual [redacted], but he still comes across as someone I'd like to [redacted]

Recall the British diver pedo libel incident 

Ran crying off to his lawyers

What a [redacted] 

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Ta mister. I'll send that husband and then he'll remember 

Think it will be 9.58pm . Travelling from West to east. Try and get somewhere that you have a clear view to the West. I think how high it will appear will depend on where you are viewing it from .

1 hour ago, Uptherebels said:

Think it will be 9.58pm . Travelling from West to east. Try and get somewhere that you have a clear view to the West. I think how high it will appear will depend on where you are viewing it from .

I'm not sure it will matter. That darpinian site cleverly integrates with Google maps/streetview (the bloke is some sort of rockstar at Google) and it showed my house with overflying animated satellites. Went right across the sky I doubt you could miss it by looking the wrong way. 

13 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I imagine you might be "of special interest"?

Click on the "find a dosbodder" tab of the animated satellite map so you can see the ones with skull n crossbones icon 💀 These are the armed ones with the mark II brain scanners.