DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone been to the supermarket?

sam1994

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Option5 said:

10 dick lengths?xD

Good to see your maths is right so early in the morning, you must have checked. 9_9

• Agree 1

One percent
7 minutes ago, This Time said:

What do you mean "move in nto hayfever season"? The trees have been fucking me in the face for well over a month.

I suffer all year round.  Gawd knows what I’m allergic to. So didn’t notice that the trees were out 

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Do you remember this ditty from Skool days.

My friend billy had a 10' Willy
He showed it to the girl next door.
She hit it with a rake as she thought it was a snake.
Now its only 4' 4'

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

9 minutes ago, This Time said:

What do you mean "move in nto hayfever season"? The trees have been fucking me in the face for well over a month.

Aye the nice weather has seen them jizzing their load non stop. 

I've started my non scientific I know they shouldn't really work but for some reason do homeopathic pills early this year. :D

Covid19 and life to go
12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I think they implement a one in, one out system.

I think they could operate a no more than 3 in the shop at one time policy... Especially if it's nearing last orders!

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

I think they could operate a no more than 3 in the shop at one time policy... Especially if it's nearing last orders!

You've been watching too many subscription movies during lockdown, surprised you are up so early.

Here in Norway the only thing they don't have in the supermarkets is fresh off the boat fish. Half the fish counter is covered up.

And there's now a  short queue outside the Vinmonopolet ( government run alcohol store) later on in the day.

Some of the ethnic run cafes have reopened with seating outside, most of the customers appear to be darker skinned.

Covid19 and life to go
14 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You've been watching too many subscription movies during lockdown, surprised you are up so early.

They made all the subscriptions free... It's a good job I'm just a virus who can't see else I'd go blind!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

I know it's not a necessary purchase,but can't find charcoal for the bbq. 😕

Now there's a thread in its own right..

Cosmic Apple
2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Bog roll doubles as tissues, I remember a girl used to have a roll on her desk at work!

This is what I do. I sniffle pretty much all year round... even out hiking in 20+c I need a tissue occasionally. Only when I get a cold proper or hayfever badly will I switch to something gentler.

Switched it up this week and went at 7:30 last night instead of 7:30 in the morning the last 2 weeks. Couldn't get peppers and still no icing sugar. Noticed flour and sugar generally out but everything else looked ok (didn't check bog rolls).

Queue wasn't too bad, thankfully they are open longer now which I think is a wise move, spread things out.

Don Coglione
2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Bog roll doubles as tissues, I remember a girl used to have a roll on her desk at work!

They come from the same production lines but require a machine reset to switch modes, which takes some time I think. 

Toilet paper is infused with a chemical to accelerate its break-down in sewers. This is not nice for the respiratory system.

Cosmic Apple
4 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Toilet paper is infused with a chemical to accelerate its break-down in sewers. This is not nice for the respiratory system.

You're supposed to blow in to it, not sniff it.

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

So far I’ve done one Costco shop since the lockdown started,  will need to do another one soon.

Not been to any other supermarket but wife has been to local coop a couple of times.

For those struggling with yeast,  look up sour dough bread - essentially making your own yeast.

Husband is avoiding Costco. I could go in but we're getting by at the moment without.

We normally have their skimmed long life milk which has been erratic in the past.

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

What was Costco like?

I last went the week before the first panic buying kicked off. Having seen the pictures of queues a few weeks back I wasn’t expecting to go again for the duration, so I’m genuinely curious. If there’s one thing worse than a busy supermarket it’s a busy Costco, especially if they have nothing worth making it going for.

With the caveat that I think Costco is quite regional (more popular in the South still than the North),  but up here it is not too bad.

I avoided peak times like weekends..  but when I went it was absolutely fine.   Fully stocked and fewer people than usual.

There is some evidence of social distancing procedures (like queuing spots at the hot food counter - take away only) but apart from that,  their warehouses are so big there's really not much need for anything else.

51 minutes ago, ccc said:

Aye the nice weather has seen them jizzing their load non stop. 

I've started my non scientific I know they shouldn't really work but for some reason do homeopathic pills early this year. :D

If you put them in your shoes it will make you limp.

Eggs have been scarce, big supermarkets too busy for my liking so have used out of town garage supermarkets a couple of times. Had stocked up early so not had to do too many runs at all.

I'm avoiding normal supermarkets like the plague.

The problem seems to be capacity..  they just can't get that many people in because of the social distancing rules so if you get a rush they can't cope...  so (anecdotally from a friend who works in Sainsburys) if you are lucky you swan in and get everything you want easily..  if you are unlucky it is queuing around the block.  Apparently this last weekend was horrendous.   

the gardener
16 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Oh great, now I have one more thing to worry about. 

Democorruptcy

I went to Asda, Aldi, Lidl & Home Bargains on 10th March for a final big shop.

Had an Asda & Tesco home delivery since. No plans to go inside any supermarkets.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

I went to Aldi last night. No flour, no eggs, no yeast, no tortilla wraps. Everything else available.

I’m trying to only go shopping once a week as I usually would. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Well I never knew that.  DOSBODS just keep giving!

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Had an Asda & Tesco home delivery since. No plans to go inside any supermarkets.

Are you blessed or can you share the hack?

• Agree 1