DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone been to the supermarket?

sam1994

2 hours ago, This Time said:

What do you mean "move in nto hayfever season"? The trees have been fucking me in the face for well over a month.

Wrong type of tree?  Thought I read some people are affected by different ones.

Wight Flight
7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Are you blessed or can you share the hack?

We have had a delivery every week so far from Tesco.

Maybe just lucky?

3 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

We have had a delivery every week so far from Tesco.

Maybe just lucky?

What, you find it easy to bag delivery slots on line?  Very hard for us.

13 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I went to Aldi last night. No flour, no eggs, no yeast, no tortilla wraps. Everything else available.

I’m trying to only go shopping once a week as I usually would. 

Mrs. Eight is at Lidl right now.

Wight Flight
8 minutes ago, Harley said:

Yes. I booked three weeks deliveries in advance before this started, and now book a new one another three weeks in advance on a rolling basis. Plenty of slots available to book today for 18th May

• Informative 1

Democorruptcy
49 minutes ago, Harley said:

The Asda one was booked pre-lockdown when they accepted them weeks ahead.

I probably got lucky with Tesco, right time right place. Though I had emailed them the day before asking if they actually delivered to my postcode because there was never a slot. Next morning there were lots of slots but all vanished while I was doing my order.

I've mostly been shopping at Aldi twice a week. Tuesday and Friday mornings. The fruit and veg aisle has always been well stocked. No shortage of the meats I usually buy either. No noticeable price increases.

Last week Wilkos had a decent amount of aspirin on the shelf. Complete with a 'one per customer' notice. I took 2 packets to the till. Numpty burd on the till told me quite firmly that I could only buy one packet 'because it's the law!' wtf??? Store policy is now law of the land? A surprising number of people seem keen on living in a police state.

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Toilet paper is infused with a chemical to accelerate its break-down in sewers. This is not nice for the respiratory system.

Damn. I've just blown my nose on a piece of toilet paper. CBC... chem 7.... blood gas.... ten blade...

44 minutes ago, eight said:

Mrs. Eight is at Lidl right now.

Word on the street is that after a couple of weeks of relative abundance, random shortages have returned with a vengeance.

Once every six days does me, takes no more than a few minutes to get into my usual place and it's nice and airy inside now. I have started to run down my stocks a little by not replenishing 1 for 1.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Harley said:

Well I never knew that.  DOSBODS just keep giving!

Delivery pass holder with Morrison. More slots became available today than we've seen for ages. So have booked one.
About 10 days between shops though. And spending more because we're not spending at costco.

Milk is biggest issue. but corner shop well stocked but dear.

Stopped going to supermarkets after I had to queue for 45 minutes to get into Sainsbury's. I must have hit a bad time but I can't be fucked going down there only to see a big queue and want to leave again. I'll probably do an evening run at some point for particular items.

Meanwhile I've switched to a series of smaller shops where there is rarely a queue to get in and shopping inside feels relatively normal. Less choice and a bit more expensive but I value my time and sanity.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Harley said:

Are you doing what a lot of people do and looking at midnight, thinking this is when they put new slots on? They don't... round here they get added at about 3pm.

• Agree 2

Just now, spunko said:

Are you doing what a lot of people do and looking at midnight, thinking this is when they put new slots on? They don't... round here they get added at about 3pm.

Shh. They'll get harder to get if you tell people how to find them! 

8 minutes ago, Vacant said:

Stopped going to supermarkets after I had to queue for 45 minutes to get into Sainsbury's. I must have hit a bad time but I can't be fucked going down there only to see a big queue and want to leave again. I'll probably do an evening run at some point for particular items.

Meanwhile I've switched to a series of smaller shops where there is rarely a queue to get in and shopping inside feels relatively normal. Less choice and a bit more expensive but I value my time and sanity.

Funnily enough I just got back from Sainsburys Local, queue was about 25 mins. Never had to queue before as I normally go after 7pm - they shut at 8pm and there's never anyone in them. I won't be going at midday again.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Yes. I booked three weeks deliveries in advance before this started, and now book a new one another three weeks in advance on a rolling basis. Plenty of slots available to book today for 18th May

That's very interesting.  I just checked and we can currently only book up to 12 May and no slots available.  Must be location variable?

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, Harley said:

That's very interesting.  I just checked and we can currently only book up to 12 May and no slots available.  Must be location variable?

Looks like my error - I get Mrs Flight to do the booking. She booked yesterday for the 11th May 

I am losing track of time!

12 minutes ago, spunko said:

Ta.  Yes, I've been trying midnight with very mixed success.  But I have also noticed slots coming available during the day.  Maybe that was 3pm.  Maybe we could organise the DOSBODS community to do stags to see what times each supermarket opens.  Maybe a special forum for those prepared to put the effort in (half joking!).

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Looks like my error - I get Mrs Flight to do the booking. She booked yesterday for the 11th May 

I am losing track of time!

Probably not, just Island time?  Lived like that once.  Loved it.  Booking yesterday for 11th May is still very good - got a keeper there!!!

1 minute ago, Harley said:

Ta.  Yes, I've been trying midnight with very mixed success.  But I have also noticed slots coming available during the day.  Maybe that was 3pm.  Maybe we could organise the DOSBODS community to do stags to see what times each supermarket opens.  Maybe a special forum for those prepared to put the effort in (half joking!).

Sadly it's not the same nationally, depends on the depot. When some slots come on here I told my mum who lives miles away and there was nothing there.

16 minutes ago, spunko said:

Funnily enough I just got back from Sainsburys Local, queue was about 25 mins. Never had to queue before as I normally go after 7pm - they shut at 8pm and there's never anyone in them. I won't be going at midday again.

Ha ha. I told you, early or late!

19 minutes ago, spunko said:

I haven't tried yet but I wonder if going when everyone is eating their ill gotten gains is best!  Someone up-thread somewhere mentioned quiet Sunday lunchtimes.

Edited by Harley

Kurt Barlow
7 hours ago, sam1994 said:

I've been going every couple of days now since I recovered and waited 2 weeks.

I'm not buying a lot but just getting some fresh air and sanity.

My local supermarket which was barren before is now almost fully stocked up. Pasta is still a bit short but it's there. Yeast and flour are a no go as well. Everything else is there.

I've read antibodies may be shortly lived, so I'll probably stock up on Friday and just stay inside for a good long while..

If you make bread every day or two just save a piece of dough and thoroughly work into the new batch before proving it. No need to buy any more yeast. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

50 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Delivery pass holder with Morrison. More slots became available today than we've seen for ages. So have booked one.
About 10 days between shops though. And spending more because we're not spending at costco.

Milk is biggest issue. but corner shop well stocked but dear.

There have been loads of Morrisons slots round here the past week or two after a couple of weeks of never seeing them. 

Guest Account
5 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Toilet paper is infused with a chemical to accelerate its break-down in sewers. This is not nice for the respiratory system.

Sounds like something that might be OK to blow out from the nose onto, but not be used in close proximity to one's bum hole?