• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Testing testing testing

There has been a football stadium car park near to me set up as a drive-thru COVID test centre for over a week.

Field tents and signs/cones everywhere including a "No Filming" sign that I nearly took a pic of to post on here.

No sign of activity until today. About an hour ago I walked past and there are Marshalls directing people into bays and well over a dozen cars queuing to go in.

I'll check tomorrow and see if it is the same.

Testing is pretty useless, apart from being an expensive scientific experiment. You either had it or not. A bit like a baptism, which may not make a person more holy. In fact I see a number of religious parallels. Repeated chanting like prayers. Magic rainbow amulets. Angels in the NHS. Ritual clapping. The Holy Grail of a vaccine.

Testing is like vaccination.

Unless you have properly trialled it to ensure that it actually works it's entirely pointless.

There is zero benefit in testing 100,000 or a million people if you can't actually believe the results.

It's the mad media again with their simple minded obsession on doing everything tomorrow however wasteful and pointless that might be.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Unless you have properly trialled it to ensure that it actually works it's entirely pointless.

There is zero benefit in testing 100,000 or a million people if you can't actually believe the results.

It's the mad media again with their simple minded obsession on doing everything tomorrow however wasteful and pointless that might be.

I've read so much contradictory guff about this virus I'd be surprised if they're entirely sure what they're testing for. It wouldn't be a massive shock to me if, down the line, some of those who died with coronavirus turned out to have just had one of the common or garden ones that are doing the rounds anyway.

51 minutes ago, eight said:

I've read so much contradictory guff about this virus I'd be surprised if they're entirely sure what they're testing for. It wouldn't be a massive shock to me if, down the line, some of those who died with coronavirus turned out to have just had one of the common or garden ones that are doing the rounds anyway.

Yes, there seems to be a very high degree of hit and hope.

There was that NY doctor who said that what was actually happening was that iron was being stripped from red blood cells crashing their capcity to hold oxygen which should have been treated with oxygen masks and not ventilators because the problem wasn't in the lungs and the ventilators were damaging patients' lungs with their only beneficial effect being the increased oxygen in the air supplied which a maks could have done.

I have no way of assessing his claim but certainly many have been dying on ventilators so maybe they aren't doing any good.

This is the problem when you don't know what the virus is doing - you can't treat it effectively.

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

It is what the media want even though there is precious little relationship between the number of tests done in Europe and deaths. Germany is the poster child for the MSM but Italy has done more tests per million population and Spain almost as many yet have far higher mortality rates. Clearly you need a tracing and quarantine infrastructure to back up the testing regime which the South Koreans have and most of Europe does not. You might think serious journalists would be looking at these discrepancies but journalists prefer to hyperventilate over cherry picked figures like Victorian ladies having an attack of the vapours rather than doing any serious investigation.

3 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It is what the media want even though there is precious little relationship between the number of tests done in Europe and deaths. Germany is the poster child for the MSM but Italy has done more tests per million population and Spain almost as many yet have far higher mortality rates. Clearly you need a tracing and quarantine infrastructure to back up the testing regime which the South Koreans have and most of Europe does not. You might think serious journalists would be looking at these discrepancies but journalists prefer to hyperventilate over cherry picked figures like Victorian ladies having an attack of the vapours rather than doing any serious investigation.

Definitely.

That's why I flagged the More or Less prorgamme yesterday depsite not having heard it because the More or Less team always take a senisble look at the stats.

One very interesting aspect they looked at was the death rate for NHS staff compared to the death rate in the wider population with the same age range.  This is death rate by head oif population rather than trying to estimate cases.  They loooked at the 18 - 65 age range and the figures were near-identical thus giving the lie to "virus-loading".

That isn't a result that you would expect given the much more frequent exposure to the virus that woudl be expected within hospital staff.  It is however deaths rather than infections and it does underline the point that if you are 18 -65 and otherwise healthy you are highly unlikely to die from this. 

On 23/04/2020 at 09:48, Frank Hovis said:

Not really, but a lot of news articles, and government reports seem to be getting excited about more testing. I'm absolutely sure people are confusing testing with vaccination or treatment, because they both use a needle.

On 23/04/2020 at 10:57, eight said:

It wouldn't be a massive shock to me if, down the line, some of those who died with coronavirus turned out to have just had one of the common or garden ones that are doing the rounds anyway.

What other ones?  They were all corona just we didn't know.  They will borrow the dead from the past.  All good totalitarian states go in for a bit of revisionism.  This is what our children will be taught.

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

What other ones?  They were all corona just we didn't know.  They will borrow the dead from the past.  All good totalitarian states go in for a bit of revisionism.  This is what our children will be taught.

Exactly, old viruses did not get a name or fame.

Posted (edited)
On 23/04/2020 at 13:42, Caravan Monster said:

This US respiratory therapist thinks that the testing isn't that conclusive. He reckons H1N1 was much more dangerous and is not sure what they are seeing in the hospital is even a virus. Also doesn't think vaccine will work-

https://www.bitchute.com/video/BV3R8pLzTjfi/

I think it is difficult to take that video seriously

He starts out talking about a room full of ventilators and then later says they are CPAP machines not ventilators.

He then gets onto the PCR testing, and I then think he is really talking bollocks. I ddn't watch nay more.

Edited by Hopeful

New test ... 

Either just infected or got it or recovering 

So useless.

Virus load can say what stage you're at. Perhaps. 

Still pointless.

Does not say if you've got over it.

Posted (edited)
On 23/04/2020 at 12:05, Virgil Caine said:

You might think serious journalists would be looking at these discrepancies but journalists prefer to hyperventilate over cherry picked figures like Victorian ladies having an attack of the vapours rather than doing any serious investigation.

There was a time long, long ago.  A time ringing with the haunting music of World In Action, of This Week, of the real Panorama.  Of Roger Cook being thrown down the stairs and Brian Walden asking for us, not Brian Walden.  They were far from perfect and I may have been young and naive, but journalism is now just a mix of political activism and showbusiness and these people are well dead.  The biggest of fucks to these new imposters in their cheap suits.

Edited by Harley

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

There was a time long, long ago.  A time ringing with the haunting music of World In Action, of This Week, of the real Panorama.  Of Roger Cook being thrown down the stairs and Brian Walden asking for us, not Brian Walden.  They were far from perfect and I may have been young and naive, but journalism is now just a mix of political activism and showbusiness and these people are well dead.  The biggest of fucks to these new imposters in their cheap suits.

Sadly, I can say that for many scientists too.

And I'm sure it holds for other 'professions'

Ethics go out of the window for materialistic people.

The more $$s or ££s  you aspire to the lower your ethics in most cases.

34 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Not really, but a lot of news articles, and government reports seem to be getting excited about more testing. I'm absolutely sure people are confusing testing with vaccination or treatment, because they both use a needle.

Oi!

That's rather selective editing of my post there Pinny.

Have you started working for the Guardian?

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

"Buy me a coffee and support real journalism @MrPin"

Love to but I would hate myself for helping expose you to this sensational virus.  What goes round......

31 minutes ago, Harley said:

The suits are probably not cheap.

An antibody test would be very helpful to me. I've got an underlying systemic condition - sarcoidosis - that can fuck up your lungs. Nobody knows whether the wuflu will interact with my condition to do me in or not. If it doesn't then I'm otherwise fairly low risk in terms of age and health.

I think that I may have already had the wuflu,, but I can't be sure. If I've had it, then I know I'm not high risk because I didn't die.

xD

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

I think it is difficult to take that video seriously

He starts out talking about a room full of ventilators and then later says they are CPAP machines not ventilators.

He then gets onto the PCR testing, and I then think he is really talking bollocks. I ddn't watch nay more.

Will bitchute seems to be gaining popularity.  Someone kept messaging me telling me he's gone off YouTube (getting censored etc) and to try bitchute.  I had a a look a few days ago and the first video I watched was about making cat people.  Didn't watch the full thing but replied to him no fucking wonder it's not on YouTube.  The video maybe has science and maybe parody but it was talking about doing test tube babies spliced with cat genes or something.  At one point he the narrator says "right you now need to find a egg from someone...I can't help there, never said this would be easy... Ok Go work hard find an egg"😅

https://www.bitchute.com/video/0zRRieOq6fDn/

So more on topic I'm in the process of watching another one this morning that he insists that I watch about the virus being overblown.  Have watched only a third admittedly and he seems genuine but I'm calling bunk on his crazy extrapolation.  First he says something like 5k tests been done in California (assume older video) and X amount of deaths then tries to extrapolate to the whole population.  Same as with NYS with better data ie more numbers.  Still I'd argue that the vast majority of people tested were either sick or around very sick people and surely flawed logic trying to extrapolate to wilder population?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5FeLSm9Oeqlu/

Well I got through the whole of the second link I posted.  50 fucking minutes.  The drs make some good points but think the leading doctor a bit extrapolation crazy.  The second bit more pragmatic sounding.  Interesting hearing about the bacteria etc we will be losing from not being out and about... One of my small concerns with using the hand sanitizer all the time.  The 5k testing just relates to his area/ hospital in California.

One thing that struck me is how much they were pointing to ulterior motives behind the lock down without being specific.  How the science as they say doesn't Marr up with the reaction.  Even though they didn't go into detail they seemed to hint at the big businesses winning whilst the smaller ones suffering.  As well as the disconnect between quarantine Vs buying plastic things that Will hold the virus for 3 days or whatever.  Still think they are speaking out of turn, as in plastic may be a risk but crowds and zero social distancing not.  Basically they seem to think it's no worse than the flu which I'm open about but yet to be convinced (not least this thing seems a hell of a lot more infectious).

The other thing they say is they and other doctors are getting strong armed into putting deaths down to covid.  Not sure I see (as I see them hinting at but could be wrong) it being anything too shady.  Maybe tptb are over reacting or just not organised enough.  Or I'm thinking now if they are leaning on physicians to put down covid there deliberately trying to make this look bad (justifiably or not) to the general population in order for them to take covid more seriously.