• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cunning Plan

The Good News Thread

Recommended Posts

It may be that I have just listened to 3 hours of Mr J. O'Brien (I know, I know) but there seems to be an absolute dearth of good news at the moment.

No wonder everyone is stressed out and pissed off.

So I decided a few hours ago to start a thread on good news.

I have finally found some -

The schools are breaking up next week for Easter so traffic will be a little bit less shit than usual.

It's Friday so I can drink wine without breaking my own self imposed and oft ignored rules :Beer: 

Sorry. That's it for me for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Depends how you strained your groin.

This is HPC dosbods. I was either engaged in some act of terminal frugality, or some kind of horrific sexual perversion, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big furniture acquisitions and room moves that I have wanted to do for over a year finally all got done this week, mostly just by me though I did have a hired hand for a couple of hours for collecting and tipping stuff, and the house is now exactly how I wanted it :) plus I now feel qualified to enter Britain's Strongest Man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The big furniture acquisitions and room moves that I have wanted to do for over a year finally all got done this week, mostly just by me though I did have a hired hand for a couple of hours for collecting and tipping stuff, and the house is now exactly how I wanted it :) plus I now feel qualified to enter Britain's Strongest Man.

That's filthy talk Frank! Keep your hobbies to yourself!o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

You drunken tw*ts 😁 Only jealous really that I can't have a wee tipple (reformed alki, drunk my life quota by early 30's)

For me the good news is that spring is here and there are months ahead of warmer weather and light evenings. Not sure if it'll be dry though hehehe.

True, spring means loads of work heading my way, which can be good and bad. Good, because mucho dosh. Bad because I'm absolutely shagged come December. 

I hope the weather is dry. The English weather is my boss and he/she is a fickle bastard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

True, spring means loads of work heading my way, which can be good and bad. Good, because mucho dosh. Bad because I'm absolutely shagged come December. 

I hope the weather is dry. The English weather is my boss and he/she is a fickle bastard.

What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes weather rules our lives. I find life so much better on long dry bright days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Economic Exile said:

What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes weather rules our lives. I find life so much better on long dry bright days!

Run a little gardening/landscaping business. We're very dependant on the weather. Long runs of heavy rain causes big problems, I sometimes think I'm mental doing a job that relies on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the weekend and I am enjoying a chilled glass of White Lily, rather nice wine from vineyard down the road from me in Dorking. Was going to get a bottle of Gerwurtztraminer to go with the Chinese but thought "sod it" if the EU is going to be awkward I'm going to try and buy Britsh from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Run a little gardening/landscaping business. We're very dependant on the weather. Long runs of heavy rain causes big problems, I sometimes think I'm mental doing a job that relies on it!

Nice job though. And you're independent which is the best thing!

Wet spells are shite though as it means less income. My son works in building trade and they're the same.

For you and for me and everyone I hope for a long hot summer.

:Beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Nice job though. And you're independent which is the best thing!

Wet spells are shite though as it means less income. My son works in building trade and they're the same.

For you and for me and everyone I hope for a long hot summer.

:Beer:

I'll drink to that!

:Passusabeer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.