• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Deluded business owners thread

As suggested by @gibbon in a thread down in The Basement.

Exhibit A: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scarborough-steampuss-owners-lockdown-12-18040579?fbclid=IwAR0YULT1HkyjsA54-0N0BX-n535_FGA3csPLkha4ddWalu9wyKWkj9u4DOM

Scarborough's Steampuss launches GoFundMe page to 'save' cat cafe

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/people/scarboroughs-steampuss-launches-gofundme-page-save-cat-cafe-1339940

These people are only one rung down the ladder from the sort you get at Broadmoor. :CryBaby:

Just now, spunko said:

Exhibit A: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scarborough-steampuss-owners-lockdown-12-18040579?fbclid=IwAR0YULT1HkyjsA54-0N0BX-n535_FGA3csPLkha4ddWalu9wyKWkj9u4DOM

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/people/scarboroughs-steampuss-launches-gofundme-page-save-cat-cafe-1339940

These people are only one rung down the ladder from the sort you get at Broadmoor. :CryBaby:

I walked past that place with my friend’s mum. I’ve never seen someone shudder so much. She was beyond comprehension as to why anyone would want to eat round a herd of cats. xD

ive never, ever seen anyone in it 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

I walked past that place with my friend’s mum. I’ve never seen someone shudder so much. She was beyond comprehension as to why anyone would want to eat round a herd of cats. xD

I stayed in a hotel in Rhodes once that had loads of cats in the restaurant. I like cats but seemed odd. If I was on my laptop rather than my phone I would post photos. Although still can’t upload jpegs.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, spunko said:

Noice thread.

The amount of free advertising those two pricks, the soy boy bf and crazy cat woman are getting is ridiculous. You can't polish a turd though, they'll still be out of business in 3 months.

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

There's a pub here which is filled with dozens of cats. It's the pubs gimmick. Stinks of piss...they piss everywhere so I'm told as I won't go in there.

Also my local got a cat, wouldn't of had a problem except the landlord didn't see any problem letting it roam around on the bar past everyone's pints. I quite like cats but I think letting cats near your food or drink is fucking disgusting. I found a new local.

Edited by gibbon

Just now, gibbon said:

Noice thread.

The amount of free advertising those two pricks, the soy boy bf and crazy cat woman are getting is ridiculous. It just like polishing a turd though, they'll still be out of business in 3 months.

There's a pub here which is filled with dozens of cats. It's the pubs gimmick. Stinks of piss...they piss everywhere so I'm told as I won't go in there.

Also my local got a cat, wouldn't of had a problem except the landlord didn't see any problem letting it roam around on the bar past everyone's pints. I quite like cats but I think letting cats near your food or drink is fucking disgusting. I found a new local.

:Sick1:

fucking hate cats. 

Petrol garage has a pet cat that gets on the counter for strokes. I don't mind 'em but agree wouldn't let any animals around food in a public place, or private for that matter. I think pubs that let their dog roam around the restaurant/eating area are equally as disgusting, they should be permitted in the bar only. 

I can't stand it when other people's dogs beg for food, I've trained mine to not harass me when there's food around. They still harass others if I have guests round (which is rare), but they know never to come near me if I'm eating!

3 hours ago, One percent said:

They secured the £75k debt on his parents house.What parent would allow their child do even consider such folly?

How is that even a business?.Its simply something for two people who dont want to work,but dont want to look like benefit scroungers.Mind you they might of got £10k grant from the government for Corona.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scarborough-steampuss-owners-lockdown-12-18040579?fbclid=IwAR22GGewUlphJTqNioLylFmQoZ3WMe6RwD7FGCiAd6i9ADOUnX-EL0Zeo9Y

Seems they are wanting more handouts from the government as well now.Looks like the owner claims anxiety and depression as well,PIP maybe as well?

I looked at the list of donations and made these observations:

In the first month, they raised 905 pounds, in the second 25 pounds, in the third month 5 pounds and in the last month 25 pounds.

Of the descriptions of the 83 donors, who donated a total of 960 pounds:

47 have names that I think are female, they donated a total of 525 pounds.

29 are anonymous, they donated a total of 385 pounds.

4 have a name that I have no idea of their gender, they donated a total of 30 pounds.

3 have names that I think are male, they donated a total of 20 pounds.

The two largest donations were made anonymously. The largest was 100 pounds, the second largest was 50 pounds.  All other donations were between 5 and 30 pounds inclusive.

The conclusions I draw from this are:

1 - They aren't going to raise 75,000 pounds before they run out of money.

2 - Women seem to appreciate this sort of business more than men.

Fascinating!

I've been forced into these places by my cat-loving daughter here in Asia. Two experiences:
(1) Taiwan Cat cafe - Horrible place, stunk of piss, cats roaming round while you're eating a plate of overpriced terribly cooked risotto.
(2) Cat cafe Japan - Emphasis on cleanliness and care of the cats... ok the place was clean, but why do I want to buy an overpriced cup of coffee and to sit on the floor in the 'hope' that a cat might come over for a stroke.
Absolutely mental business idea.

The above being said... there is one pretty cool place up near Taipei. It's an old mining town where the economy suffered when the mining left. Wild cats moved into the area and the locals used this as a way to get tourists in to the town. They've decorated the whole town with cat-themed decorations / shops / cafes / souvenirs. I did actually enjoy that day out.
*My daughter enjoyed it much more.
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/welcome-to-purridise-taiwans-houtong-cat-village

5 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They secured the £75k debt on his parents house.What parent would allow their child do even consider such folly?

How is that even a business?.Its simply something for two people who dont want to work,but dont want to look like benefit scroungers.Mind you they might of got £10k grant from the government for Corona.

Sums it up nicely.

If you want to do that then great, unlike most here I'd go in and have a coffee and watch the cats, but it's a hobby business that you can only do if you already have an income.

You don't take out a big loan to do it because you will never be able to pay it back unless you're using it to buy a freehold.

9 hours ago, One percent said:

Now the strange thing is that its on Bar Street.

In the 80s they were trying ti push Bar street as Scabbys boutique shopping experience. They still are, though walking down the street is pretty gappy.

In ye olde times ie the 70s, Bar Street was the sailors knocking shop street.

Cheaper northern town attract total loons from else wheresetting up their mental business.

https://www.real-fix.com/animals/dogs-deserve-gourmet-treats-too-says-owner-of-new-doggy-bakery/

Lou Rodchenkova, 44, had the idea for The Fuzzy Dog bakery after realising that her German Shepherd cross Lilliya didn’t like mass-produced chewy sweets.

She began experimenting with her own recipes to satisfy Liliya’s sweet tooth, and before long, realised that there was a demand for gourmet treats.

She decided to give up her job working in child protection in London to move to the seaside town of Whitby, North Yorks., to open up a market stall selling her bakes.

In the good olde days women were not allowed to borrow from a bank without their husband approving.

A walk around most small towns tend to show you why this is a good idea.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, gibbon said:

Noice thread.

The amount of free advertising those two pricks, the soy boy bf and crazy cat woman are getting is ridiculous. You can't polish a turd though, they'll still be out of business in 3 months.

I've got two cats, I find them quite affable, but what drives me nuts (possibly to the point of talking to my cats), is that some people think these things are clean, it's like cute+fluffy=clean, well they are NOT clean, we're constantly having to check their arses for "poo on a string", (that's where they've been eating long hair and........ well you get the idea), checking their paws for shit, cleaning up their sick from the bed sheets once a week, and if I sat in a restaurant cleaning myself with my own spit, would you call me clean?

Now they're very friendly and have brilliant personalities, but clean is one thing they are not.

Edited by Snark

Posted (edited)

@Snark 

4. Son of a curiously wealthy family with extreme social climbing mother, sister is a princess, realises he doesn't want to go into finance or the city like everyone he knows, so starts a business with nice but dim school friend from Eton writing messages on marshmallows. 

https://www.boomf.com

Edited by spunko

10 minutes ago, spunko said:

@Snark 

4. Son of a curiously wealthy family with extreme social climbing mother, sister is a princess, realises he doesn't want to go into finance or the city like everyone he knows, so starts a business with nice but dim school friend from Eton writing messages on marshmallows. 

I genuinely thought you were joking.

Terrifyingly I wouldn't put it past my brother not to have bought some of their stuff on the basis that he buys most things that are for sale. We're not very alike.

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

@Snark 

Jesus fucking Christ.

COVID19, save us.

11 hours ago, spunko said:

Don’t like asking for

money but lol.didnt read the interest rate either ffs

Youre all bastards hes autism n ADHD - TMCC syndrome*.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/01/12/james-middleton-reveals-battle-cancer-depression/

He has since had therapy for the condition which he linked back to his suffering with dyslexia as a child and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), the latter which he was only diagnosed with last year. 

*  thick middle class cunt

These businesses are dafter than daft. It's much better to be a plumber of electrician. I've just had a plumber round to fix a leak. I can see cats outside anyway, when I am having a coffee.

11 hours ago, spunko said:

Petrol garage has a pet cat that gets on the counter for strokes. I don't mind 'em but agree wouldn't let any animals around food in a public place, or private for that matter. I think pubs that let their dog roam around the restaurant/eating area are equally as disgusting, they should be permitted in the bar only. 

I can't stand it when other people's dogs beg for food, I've trained mine to not harass me when there's food around. They still harass others if I have guests round (which is rare), but they know never to come near me if I'm eating!

We always get rescue dog and most come with a lot of bad behaviours. Some can be trained out but take so much effort and focus that you never get them all.

As long as they are confident and friendly I can live with begging and jumping up.

As long as they don't bite, shit in the house or wake me up in the night they're a keeper, similar criteria to women really.

15 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

So whats happened to all those wanky bowl of rice crispies for a tenner places - hopefully all wiped out now.

The wanky places will re-open after lockdown.So a friend tells me.