• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Exercise post suspected coronavirus

Im convinced i had the wuhan plague in Feb, was a long road back to feeling normal, my chest just didn't feel right for weeks. 

Yesterday i felt well enough to go for a run. I am generally fit and have always exercised. 

When i ran yesterday was difficult to breath, after running my chest felt like it had done for weeks before. Tried again today, 2 mile run, breathing best describing as laboured with a wheeze. Afterwards, same again, chest feels odd again, 3 hours later feels like something large is sat on my chest.

So, has anyone who thinks they might have had it tried exercising? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Im convinced i had the wuhan plague in Feb, was a long road back to feeling normal, my chest just didn't feel right for weeks. 

Yesterday i felt well enough to go for a run. I am generally fit and have always exercised. 

When i ran yesterday was difficult to breath, after running my chest felt like it had done for weeks before. Tried again today, 2 mile run, breathing best describing as laboured with a wheeze. Afterwards, same again, chest feels odd again, 3 hours later feels like something large is sat on my chest.

The most exercise has been messing with hives. Digging probably not that strenuous really. Husband is knackered quick though but hasn't moaned about lungs that much

Edited by sarahbell

Maybe it's just taking longer to get used to running again...I know 2 miles is not too long but after a virus and a 6/8 week break it's going to feel bad.

I think I had in march but went back to running after 3 weeks or so and it's ok now 

This matches my situation exactly. Did some proper exercise on Monday and ended up with same breathing issues I had a few weeks ago. (laboured breathing, not gasping or anything). 

Maybe we just need to leave it a bit longer and do a little less. Problem with that is I'm turning into a right fat cunt. 

15 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

This matches my situation exactly. Did some proper exercise on Monday and ended up with same breathing issues I had a few weeks ago. (laboured breathing, not gasping or anything). 

Maybe we just need to leave it a bit longer and do a little less. Problem with that is I'm turning into a right fat cunt. 

Thanks, good to know its not just me. 

I've gone months without exercising before due to injury, illness or laziness and never experienced breathing like this. Will keep going for a few days and see what happens

Coincidentally, my blood pressure has always been 120/80 but now its high 140/95...could reduced lung capacity increase blood pressue if oxygen is not getting into your blood? 

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Im going to try 30 minutes on Zwift tomorrow, I’ll let you know how it goes. If I plug all my gadgets in I can measure power output, heart rate and blood pressure and then compare them against a month ago.

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

You should call a doctor.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, snaga said:

Spot on. Raised blood pressure with no history of this, chest pain and labored breathing. Even if it is “just” post-Covid19, viral myocarditis has occurred with lots of patients. Dunno how old the OP is but he should get himself checked. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

22 minutes ago, snaga said:

I went to the doctors 3 times in feb. Oddly gave me steroids, a first for me. Its like they knew something but weren't allowed to say. Was sent for a x-ray just as lock down started and thought better of it. 

Doctors don't always have the right answer 

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Spot on. Raised blood pressure with no history of this, chest pain and labored breathing. Even if it is “just” post-Covid19, viral myocarditis has occurred with lots of patients. Dunno how old the OP is but he should get himself checked. 

Thanks, will give it a week or two and assess where i am, no change tben ill go see the doctor 

7 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Worryingly, reports of COV19 causing strokes in apparently unaffected people is slightly worrying 

On a related topic, I had a bit of gin with my tonic water last night - first alcohol since being ill - and I felt absolutely dreadful almost immediately (groggy, bit nauseous, headache etc). I’m fine again today but this virus clearly does some weird shit to your system. 

On 23/04/2020 at 16:04, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Ok, just done 45 minutes on Zwift with all the measuring gear plugged in. No pain or other symptoms but I’ve lost at least 10% of my FTP. Generally, my heart rate was about 15% higher than usual and my blood pressure up by 10 on both sides for the same power output. 

You should definitely talk to a doctor about the chest pressure.

9 hours ago, whitevanman said:

The virus causes pneumonia doesn't it? Takes bloody ages to get over pneumonia.

Correct. Had bacterial pneumonia a couple of years back, and it must've taken me about six months to get my fitness back. 

On 24/04/2020 at 00:38, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I went to the doctors 3 times in feb. Oddly gave me steroids, a first for me. Its like they knew something but weren't allowed to say. Was sent for a x-ray just as lock down started and thought better of it. 

Doctors don't always have the right answer 

Yep i`m pretty sure i had it fist week of Feb went to the quacks when is was cleared/clearing up ,and that`s the exact impression i had ,he asked about all the the symptoms we now know of

He even made another appointment for 4 days later if it did not get any better asking me to cancel it if it dose ,this is un heard of

16 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Ok, just done 45 minutes on Zwift with all the measuring gear plugged in. No pain or other symptoms but I’ve lost at least 10% of my FTP. Generally, my heart rate was about 15% higher than usual and my blood pressure up by 10 on both sides for the same power output. 

You should definitely talk to a doctor about the chest pressure.

2 days on from exercising and chest back to how it was a few weeks ago.

Something not right.  Will definitely go to the docs when the virus numbers head to zero.

Thanks all