• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Knickerless Turgid

Covid-19 v Facebook - the virus to save us?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Is this what we have become? I really didn't know until now (and I am not that old).

Not clear exactly what your issue is, not that I don't think there isn't an issue (split infinitives apart)!  A bit Stepford Wives maybe?

Edited by Harley

Posted (edited)

None of what you say would be possible with just Facebook on its own.

FB and its rival anti-social media buddies needed a transport mechanism that was irresistible to mongs of all classes, genders and religions.

And thus the Devil gave us the "smart"-phone.

None of this could have happened without the battery of Beelzebub, the loudspeaker of Lucifer, and the screen of Satan.

The world is NOT going to Hell on a hand-cart. It is going to Hell on a handroid and a hi-phone...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Where have I split an infinitive (genuinely)?

I meant I have, I think!  Have I not, haven't I?

But please, expand on your concern (which I fear many share).

Edited by Harley

23 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I don't have a Facebook account. About ten years ago, whilst I was overseas, a friend told me that Facebook was this great way to keep in touch. I looked into it, signed up, posted a message to said friend (about a hot mutual former colleague, since you ask), but realised that this was a platform for retards, so deleted my account after that one post.

Fast forward ten years. I recently moved to a large village, with a real community feel - friendly neighbours, strangers greet each other on walks, staff in shops look you in the eye. One neighbour told me about a number of local businesses that were offering home delivery, which sounded fantastic. How do I find out more, asked I? Look at the village Facebook page, I was told.

Turns out that I can view this Facebook page without being signed up.

Fuck me, I really had no idea what society had come to over the last decade. I now understand the Thursday evening clap (though don't participate, hence becoming something of a pariah in a few short weeks). The Thursday clap implied something very different to me, not so many years ago.

I am genuinely sad now. Part of me wants the Wuflu to wipe out considerable parts of the human race, namely Facebook users. Let's hope the 5g rumours are true, then...

Is this what we have become? I really didn't know until now (and I am not that old).

It’s the virtue signallers utopian dream. Ffs, i hate the bloody thing.  However, given tha t the local paper is a steaming load of crap, clearly written by people who have no knowledge of the town, it is at least a source of what’s happening. I never, ever post on the bloody thing though 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s the virtue signallers utopian dream. Ffs, i hate the bloody thing.  However, given tha t the local paper is a steaming load of crap, clearly written by people who have no knowledge of the town, it is at least a source of what’s happening. I never, ever post on the bloody thing though 

Sorry, but that is bullshit.

If you hate it, you don't use it.

Anything you wrote after stating your hatred for it is simply lame excuses for your addiction to it.

End of...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I hear this a lot, a few of my mates have never entertained having a Facebook account, some have tried and stopped. I think really they're taking it too seriously. It's not all that much different from sending text messages to people. You get a fair bit of shit posted but it's easily ignored. Most people I know who absolutely can't deal with it, it's more because they're not happy in themselves and reading other people's nonsense makes them look at their own lives. A girl I knocked a out with when we were teenagers is into magic crystals and healing vibrations or some shit, most days she puts some crap on there, takes up maybe half a screen as it gets scrolled past. Good for her. I think it's bullshit but someone might like it. Quite a few people like to post shit about voting Labour or evil Tories etc, they're still decent enough people and in a way it's nice to see the wrong side of various arguements, especially when I can skim past them to get the Times Of India's latest videos of police giving the cane to curfew breakers.

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

There’s much fun to be had trolling labour groups and Brexit was the gift that kept giveing in the wind up de

partment

I’ve kept out of winding people up of Corvid except for a couple of near misses 

30 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

None of what you say would be possible with just Facebook on its own.

FB and its rival anti-social media buddies needed a transport mechanism that was irresistible to mongs of all classes, genders and religions.

And thus the Devil gave us the "smart"-phone.

None of this could have happened without the battery of Beelzebub, the loudspeaker of Lucifer, and the screen of Satan.

The world is NOT going to Hell on a hand-cart. It is going to Hell on a handroid and a hi-phone...

Sent from my iPhone 11

XYY

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

I only opened a Facebook account to do a background check on someone.  Says it all!

22 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Sorry, but that is bullshit.

If you hate it, you don't use it.

Anything you wrote after stating your hatred for it is simply lame excuses for your addiction to it.

End of...

XYY

I don’t “use” it. I merely read some local groups to find out what’s going on as the local paper is beyond crap. 

12 minutes ago, Harley said:

I only opened a Facebook account to do a background check on someone.  Says it all!

Good for information but I would never, ever post on there. It’s also good for identifying what we should be virtue signalling about so that it can then be studiously avoided. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I don’t “use” it. I merely read some local groups to find out what’s going on as the local paper is beyond crap. 

Aye, right.

Your nose will grow longer than spy's if you carry on like that...

;)

XYY

@spygirl

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Me and @spygirl discuss at length over pm how best to wind you up. Seems like we have hit gold. :)

I know you well enough to understand you simply MUST have the last word Lady Jane - but at least try and post something that makes sense instead of that gibberish.

My advice would be to take the intravenous line out, and go back to swigging the gin from the bottle again...

XYY

55 minutes ago, One percent said:

That is my point, though.

It seems, in my village at least, to be the only way to learn what is going on in the community, which is a hegemonous way of controlling information.

Naively, I had thought that the way to learn what was happening in the local community was to study the notice board in the village Co-Op.

15 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Have you eloped yet?

I don’t think he has a ladder. 

14 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I know you well enough to understand you simply MUST have the last word Lady Jane - but at least try and post something that makes sense instead of that gibberish.

My advice would be to take the intravenous line out, and go back to swigging the gin from the bottle again...

XYY

Whatever. 9_9

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I find it interesting that people who think mainstream media is all lies, believe any old tweet from people nobody has heard of, er, and repeat them as gospel.:S

Indeed.

And ditto the YouTube videos made by strange looking men with personal grooming issues from back bedrooms across the world - with made-up names like Sargon of Akkad, Count Dankula and Tommy Robinson...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 hour ago, Calcutta said:

I hear this a lot, a few of my mates have never entertained having a Facebook account, some have tried and stopped. I think really they're taking it too seriously. It's not all that much different from sending text messages to people. You get a fair bit of shit posted but it's easily ignored. Most people I know who absolutely can't deal with it, it's more because they're not happy in themselves and reading other people's nonsense makes them look at their own lives. A girl I knocked a out with when we were teenagers is into magic crystals and healing vibrations or some shit, most days she puts some crap on there, takes up maybe half a screen as it gets scrolled past. Good for her. I think it's bullshit but someone might like it. Quite a few people like to post shit about voting Labour or evil Tories etc, they're still decent enough people and in a way it's nice to see the wrong side of various arguements, especially when I can skim past them to get the Times Of India's latest videos of police giving the cane to curfew breakers.

Fuck off.