• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
I'll Handle it

30 day ban on Facebook for sharing St George flag.

Happened to me yesterday, but I challenged it (the opportunity to do that appears if you [continue]   ).

And they reinstated me. My guess is that someone objected to your post and that automatically triggered the suspension. But if you object then an actual real person will check it and may lift the suspension.

My post was totally non-inflammatory and polite etc, which may have helped. :)

3 minutes ago, DocH said:

Happened to me yesterday, but I challenged it (the opportunity to do that appears if you [continue]   ).

And they reinstated me. My guess is that someone objected to your post and that automatically triggered the suspension. But if you object then an actual real person will check it and may lift the suspension.

My post was totally non-inflammatory and polite etc, which may have helped. :)

Not my post but thanks for the info.

50 minutes ago, DocH said:

My post was totally non-inflammatory and polite etc, which may have helped. 

Ah yes. What words went with it? Something offensive maybe?

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Ah yes. What words went with it? Something offensive maybe?

Let me quote exactly (it was on a thread about TR):

For anyone genuinely interested in what he says, and I appreciate that most people just accept what they're told by the media, here is his presentation to the Oxford Union from a few years ago, in which his journey that led him to where he is today, is laid out.

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Ah yes, that man again. Maybe he is on a YouTube banned list for some reason?

What's your problem with him?   You always express your dislike....but he has guts...and we need more people like that in this flannel society......

Just asking for a friend

2 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

What's your problem with him?   You always express your dislike....but he has guts...and we need more people like that in this flannel society......

Just asking for a friend

I think he gets enough publicity without YouTube.

Can I just say, as someone who can deeply empathise with those who self-identify as dragons; I can appreciate how offended they would be by the photo in the OP.

This is, after all, the same flag which triggered our reptilian overlord Emily 'Princess Nugee' Thornberry when confronted by it in her constituency.

Well, it wasn't a ban for sharing a flag, which I would have objected to, as indicated by the thread title.

Rather like the driver who had his car impounded for breaking some "isolation rule", where infact he had no licence or insurance.

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Seen as the enemy of the state. He shines a light in places they would rather keep hidden. 

Such as my arse crack...? ;)

Have you seen stokie's photos of a burd of his fingering herself yet...?

I'm still waiting for the outcry of the offended to start.

I'm not holding my breath mind...

XYY

12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Nope and I ain’t going looking for it either. O.o:Sick1:

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Nope and I ain’t going looking for it either. O.o:Sick1:

Good - I'm pleased to hear that.

But if you do happen to stumble across it by accident, I hope my potteries pal receives the same vitriol that I did...!

;)

XYY

41 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Good - I'm pleased to hear that.

But if you do happen to stumble across it by accident, I hope my potteries pal receives the same vitriol that I did...!

;)

XYY

Oh he will. As i said the other night, if i want to see that stuff, which I don’t, I’ll seek it out. I don’t expect to stumble upon it here. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Ah yes, that man again. Maybe he is on a YouTube banned list for some reason?

No matter what you think of tommy or any other controversial person, holding up youtube as some sort of moral authority is just fucking retarded. 

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

I think he gets enough publicity without YouTube.

#9 "empty room fallacy" 

I think owen jones is a cunt and an anti-white racist but I dont want him banned from anywhere, the opposite actually the more people who hear him spout his bollocks the better. Hence if someone is in favour of denying someone the usual platforms for discourse then I can only take that as tacit admission that they view the person as speaking uncomfortable truths, but truths none the less.

Edited by goldbug9999

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Tbh, I wasn’t impressed with either image however for fear of being being thought of as a jealous old woman or worse still a prude, regarding Stokiescum’s photo, it prevented me from saying anything. 

5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Tbh, I wasn’t impressed with either image however for fear of being being thought of as a jealous old woman or worse still a prude, regarding Stokiescum’s photo, it prevented me from saying anything. 

That's fair enough Batty.

I don't think that you're either of those things, and sometimes I wish I could bite my lip and say nowt.

Well actually I can. Until about the fifth or sixth whisky...!

;)

XYY

55 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I reckon you're entitled to give an opinion on a younger woman's body or on the tastefulness of the photo anyway, whether or not you were ever the Scots version of Elle Mcpherson - this is the internet and the mostly older blokes on here, including myself, don't restrain their comments on men or women, I doubt if many of us were like the young Sean Connery back in the day, though we might imagine we were.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DocH said:

Of course he is. And the reason is that some people prefer censorship to argument.

He has no argument, i dont need a ex football hooligan to guide how i think and feel about anything,, so he has a counter point to a liberal urban oxbridge prick,,good for him

I refuse to listen to either off them,, i never listened to the metropolitian lefty and i dont need a zionist shill like robinson to validate it and push me in his direction ,

Edited by ninjaborrower

9 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Hence if someone is in favour of denying someone the usual platforms for discourse then I can only take that as tacit admission that they view the person as speaking uncomfortable truths, but truths none the less.

Not necessarily.

They could just have such utter contempt for their fellow humans' intelligence that they believe everyone else is incredibly gullible and will uncritically swallow whatever bollocks that is thrown their way.

Therefore it's vitally important that the only crap they're served is the 'right' crap. The pernicious idea that individuals should be free to make their own minds up, and God forbid - possibly make bad (but informed) choices; is anathema to them.

You will make the 'right' choice, because it will be the only option presented to you!

8 hours ago, ninjaborrower said:

I refuse to listen to either off them,, i never listened to the metropolitian lefty and i dont need a zionist shill like robinson to validate it and push me in his direction ,

It was bizarre in many ways. One, the original poster didn't say anything apart from posting the St.George flag, and two, just posting TR's advertising by proxy. I guess the St.George flag was supposed to represent some sort of patriotism, but I too, associate TR with another flag, which has little to do with England.

Ideally there would be one version of the news, the truth. 

Unfortunately the news has a bias, meaning that you are told what the teller wants you to hear, depending on their bias. 

I think that it is healthy that there are multiple sources of news, including TR, to hold to account the source deemed to be the  'official' version of am event.  

It is sad that each of the sources have their own agenda and that, in the modern age, the great unwashed (I'll include myself in that, even though I've been to America several times and was born in YORKSHIRE) are unable to discern 'fake news' from fact. 

People's inbuilt perceptions filter the news they are willing to accept and then they reinforce that by seeking out similar stories to reinforce their belief structure. 

This leads to entrenched camps that believe all 'Orange man bad' stories, 'Trump is the messiah' stories, 'Brexit will cure all evils' stories and 'Brexit makes you a vile little Englander and impoverish us all'. 

The truth exists somewhere between those extremes but the people become zealots and refuse to budge.