• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Speak english

https://www.talk-english.co.uk/oldham/contact/

Have you ever thought about teaching? Would you like to help local people improve their English skills? Why not get involved with Talk English Oldham? They are recruiting and training 30 people to become volunteer English teachers. To be considered you must have a good level of English equivalent to Level 2 / GCSE.

I'd love to help out, but I'm not keen on helping anyone access any more services.

What is Talk English?

The Talk English project is working with people with low levels of English to help them improve their language skills, access services and get more involved in the community.

55 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

"Are you a post-menopausal childless woman? Or even a pre-menopausal childless woman for that matter? Then why not harness your repressed-yet-yearning maternal instinct to help slowly destroy your country even more? It'll be almost as good as having real kids!"

That's how gynocentrism destroys societies alright.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Very "Mind your language".xD

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Have you ever thought about teaching? Would you like to help local people improve their English skills? Why not get involved with Talk English Oldham? They are recruiting and training 30 people to become volunteer English teachers. To be considered you must have a good level of English equivalent to Level 2 / GCSE.

Is the Oldham accent so thick that local people have to be given extra classes in English? Or is the advert about something else?  o.O

State Pension Ages are continually being increased and now there is an expectation for people to work voluntarily to teach immigrants how to speak English to help them access services. At a time when people have been made redundant but still several years to SPA and struggling to find work. This is really taking the piss. These English teaching jobs should be paid. I guess though that there'll be plenty do good tossers out there who will do the work for nothing!

If immigrants can't speak English they're unlikely to be working. They shouldn't be here in that case. Just a drain on the public purse.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Bbc footie commentators could do with some of that help.

I've been on two flights in the past few months - western airlines - where the steward/stewardess's english pronunciation was so bad that they might as well have not bothered.

In an emergency no instructions would be understood.

10 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Have you ever thought about teaching? Would you like to help local?? people improve their English skills? Why not get involved with Talk English Oldham? They are recruiting and training 30 people to become volunteer English teachers. To be considered you must have a good level of English equivalent to Level 2 / GCSE.

Local to where?

8 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

State Pension Ages are continually being increased and now there is an expectation for people to work voluntarily to teach immigrants how to speak English to help them access services. At a time when people have been made redundant but still several years to SPA and struggling to find work. This is really taking the piss. These English teaching jobs should be paid. I guess though that there'll be plenty do good tossers out there who will do the work for nothing!

If immigrants can't speak English they're unlikely to be working. They shouldn't be here in that case. Just a drain on the public purse.

Migrants can only remain in tje UK providing they do not have to use state benefits.

I see this rule being heavily enforced - mainly down to the continuing deficit andthe fact theres so many foregoing dossers in the UK.

There's a new migrant spouse rules that the UK based spouse must be earnign 18K or more to bring one over. Lots of cases.

My rule would be 50K bond and no recourse to benefit whenworkign age.

This would apply to Thai + Russian brides too.

Just now, spygirl said:

Migrants can only remain in tje UK providing they do not have to use state benefits.

I see this rule being heavily enforced - mainly down to the continuing deficit andthe fact theres so many foregoing dossers in the UK.

There's a new migrant spouse rules that the UK based spouse must be earnign 18K or more to bring one over. Lots of cases.

Really?  Isn't that just wishful thinking?  

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

As they seem reluctant to deport even the most unskilled and workshy isn't there be an overarching provision that if they do get to the UK and even if they're not entitled to state benefits they'll still be looked after - after all a lot of migrants will just be termed refugees.

Edited by twocents

7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Sounds like that includes people born overseas to British parents. I think there were a lot of Irish people who moved here in the fifties and eventually moved back to Ireland. Both sets of my grandparents did this so both of my parents were born here and I was eligible for a British passport because if that. It's different for anyone born after 1982 though - I think one of my grandparents would have needed to born here in order for me to be British under the current rules.