DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

30 days of cake

steppensheep

steppensheep

I've been on a cake fast since the 1st April. I did supplement a little with milk, cheese, eggs, carrots and fruit (cake ingredients!) but 95 percent of my calories were from pure, mainly shop bought, cake. Surprsingly, happily, disappointingly, no particular negative effect. I've been attributing a whole array of minor troubles to sugar and carbs for the last few years, and trying to eliminate them from my diet.

Weight has gone from a steady 160 lbs for a few weeks prior, to fluctuating in the 160 to 163 range. I do think I look noticeably flabbier though, particularly the stomach and face.

I have been mostly maintaining one meal a day, so it may be that a great wash of sugar and then fasting is better than ingesting sugar the whole day.

A couple of symptoms that I have experienced are night sweats

Some things I have always suspected carbs of causing but don't seem particularly strongly to have presented include

eye sight - foggy vision, floaters

skin rashes, scabby scalp, chapped ear lobe (possible fungal infection)

feeling crap and groggy in the mornings (or most of the day)

feeling hot and flushed

mental fog, depression, unmotivated, chronic procrastination

post exercise muscle pain, sunburn.

And mouth ulcers, which I remain convinced are sugar relate although I get them a lot less often these days. I have a few days supply of cake left then I will try carb free for a few weeks.

Yeah, you've fucked your experiment by intermittent fasting. You're probably in ketosis for a fair portion of the day despite the diet and have likely lowered insulin resistance (assuming you weren't intermittent fasting before). Fair dues for managing hard mode OMAD though - much easier on salad and steak than cake!

• 4 weeks later...
swiss_democracy_for_all
On 26/04/2020 at 15:35, steppensheep said:

I've been on a cake fast since the 1st April. I did supplement a little with milk, cheese, eggs, carrots and fruit (cake ingredients!) but 95 percent of my calories were from pure, mainly shop bought, cake.

WTF! O.o

Why would you do that? 

Fasting of any sort is disagreeable at least to a point, so if you're going to suffer a bit for your health why not choose something healthy? Industrialised cake... :Sick1:

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

WTF! O.o

Why would you do that? 

Fasting of any sort is disagreeable at least to a point, so if you're going to suffer a bit for your health why not choose something healthy? Industrialised cake... :Sick1:

It's the new cakeavore diet, bro.

Archived