• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
snaga

Planet of the Humans

I've never watched a Moore film, but I'll watch this one as the left really do hate it and want it banned, which means it's probably quite good. (or very clever marketing)

available for free on YouTube (for now)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Self loathing humans in the first two minutes. 

I'm suspicious tbh. Moore's a tool.

30mins in, so far just exposing the green energy scam, something that would be right at home in a dosbods thread.

Edited by snaga

47 minutes ago, snaga said:

30mins in

You got me.

30 mins in too.

Now I know why my Irish cousins were totally hacked off when wind turbines were going up a few years back.

Posted (edited)

Watched some more, Al Gore and Branson getting a roasting, unless the tone changes in the last 20mins it does seem that Moore has flipped.

Edited by snaga

4 minutes ago, snaga said:

Watched some more, Al Gore and Branson getting a roasting, unless the tone changes in the last 20mins it does seem that Moore has flipped.

Not really. He always seemed to like to take pot shots at corporate hypocrisy.

From the description, apparently features music by If These Trees Could Talk. That's quite esoteric, even for the genre that they are in.

Their last album was called' The Bones of a Dying World' which is I guess what drew the producers to it. Fucking great album.

Posted (edited)

"No going back without a major die off of population" @47

It was all ok until 200 years ago when there was 700 million on the planet.

Close to the Georgia Guidestones figure.

That's the angle...

"Maybe I was missing something" he says @1.04.05

Yep China, Asia, Africa you dipshit

Maybe the right type of Biomass is Soylent Green. I volunteer Michael fucking Moore.

Edited by JackieO

I hear you Jackie.  But looking beyond Moore, it is a good watch.  It didn't tell me nothing I didn't already know or suspect, but it's a great link to send to younger (normally leftie greenie types) whilst they aren't doing much.  They can spend their additional free time researching all the other 'facts' that they so believe in...

6 hours ago, JackieO said:

"No going back without a major die off of population" @47

It was all ok until 200 years ago when there was 700 million on the planet.

Close to the Georgia Guidestones figure.

That's the angle...

"Maybe I was missing something" he says @1.04.05

Yep China, Asia, Africa you dipshit

Maybe the right type of Biomass is Soylent Green. I volunteer Michael fucking Moore.

Didn't you marry an asian and had his yellow babies or did you forget that you're supposed to be LARPing again ;)

9 hours ago, snaga said:

I've never watched a Moore film, but I'll watch this one as the left really do hate it and want it banned, which means it's probably quite good. (or very clever marketing)

Just watched it - bloody depressing. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, snaga said:

He`s a strange one bouncing from on the money to a SJW signaling loon 

Bowling for Columbine is well worth the time and very much ahead of it`s time it was  thought provoking at the time, IMO he nailed it then and things have got much worse  in the 18 years that have past since it`s release, with hind sight it`s clear to see he was way ahead of the game with that film

Edited by Long time lurking

Posted (edited)

Watches like a conspiracy video..  leading back to big corporates trying to destroy the world for quick wealth.

They never run the numbers though,  just rely on opinion and choice clips that support their narrative.

Yes,  solar requires buckets of energy to produce..  is it energy neutral/positive?  They don’t know,  they didn’t check.  Same for wind.  And apparently the only way to bulk store electricity is lithium batteries..

They spent ages moaning about biomass.. but didn’t explain why burning renewable forest is bad (provided it is regrown).  But people are making money from it so it must be bad.

The only bit I agreed with really was on population and global growth generally.  

Never the less..  I know a few people who like large corporate conspiracies.  I’ll probably send it on to them just to reinforce their paranoia :D

Edited by Libspero

Michael Moore is, at heart, a natural conservative.  The problem is that in the USA, in entertainment, you HAVE to be left wing to succeed, especially if not from a Hollywood family.  His initial break was at a time when leftie hollywood embraced bashing big corporate as the republicans were seen as the owners.

If he released the same film now, he would not have been feted, as Hollywood now supports offshoring, globalisation, etc etc.

Fundamentally, he believes in the dignity of work, the retention of jobs in the USA, the preservation of the working and middle class, and the preservation of the american way of life.  Sound like anyone else on the left?

Now he does hate Trump, but I think that could flip pretty fast.  His cognitive dissonance must be huge.

watch these:

Posted (edited)

@wherebee I’m sure you know, it’s the very issue which Moore presented in his first film: “Roger and Me”, in 1989.

The transfer of GM jobs from Flint MI, to Mexico.

It must have been a mind flip to have a presidential candidate talking about these issues. 

Any one remember Crackers? The corporate-crime fighting chicken.

Edited by Transistor Man

9 hours ago, Libspero said:

Watches like a conspiracy video..  leading back to big corporates trying to destroy the world for quick wealth.

They never run the numbers though,  just rely on opinion and choice clips that support their narrative.

Yes,  solar requires buckets of energy to produce..  is it energy neutral/positive?  They don’t know,  they didn’t check.  Same for wind.  And apparently the only way to bulk store electricity is lithium batteries..

They spent ages moaning about biomass.. but didn’t explain why burning renewable forest is bad (provided it is regrown).  But people are making money from it so it must be bad.

The only bit I agreed with really was on population and global growth generally.  

Never the less..  I know a few people who like large corporate conspiracies.  I’ll probably send it on to them just to reinforce their paranoia :D

If you have not seen it Bowling for Columbine is well worth the time, remember it was 2002 when it was released ,long before social media took hold IMO it goes a long way to explaining where we are today

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, wherebee said:

Fundamentally, he believes in the dignity of work, the retention of jobs in the USA, the preservation of the working and middle class, and the preservation of the american way of life.  Sound like anyone else on the left?

In the mid 90s he was just generally anti-corporation anti establishment and I really liked his TV series at the time but he lost his way when went overtly left wing. He had a major melt down over trump as well.

Edited by goldbug9999

8 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

In the mid 90s he was just generally anti-corporation anti establishment and I really liked his TV series at the time but he lost his way when went overtly left wing. He had a major melt down over trump as well.

I think that was a result of him being an overweight loser suddenly feted and being made the darling of the left and Hollywood.  Who knows what he got offered financially and personally during those years.  Most people would run with the group after a taste of that, but in his case increasingly his subconscious would be telling him that the choices of the dems and lefties in the USA was directly opposed to what his core values were.  The outbursts and rages are, to me, a sign of that.  Support Trump and lose everything re his status on the left, or oppose trump and ally with people who he deep down hates.  Classic case of cognitive dissonance in my strong view.