• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Council tax over 12 months.

I thought i'd bring this to everyone's attention.

When you get your MASSIVE council tax bill it's normally over 10 months.

How many realise you have a legal right to pay it over 12 months, just inform your local council theft centre.

Note: You have an illegal right to tell them to do what ducks do and shove their bills up their arse.

It might seem a small thing but do you wonder why it's over 10 months and not 12 ?

Answers on a post card please....

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2013/02/council-tax-bills-can-be-spread-over-a-year-from-april/

No idea.

Don't care. If they offered a 10% discount for paying in a lump sum I would. It doesn't matter how they take their pound of flesh they still fritter it away on shite.

32 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I thought i'd bring this to everyone's attention.

When you get your MASSIVE council tax bill it's normally over 10 months.

How many realise you have a legal right to pay it over 12 months, just inform your local council theft centre.

Note: You have an illegal right to tell them to do what ducks do and shove their bills up their arse.

It might seem a small thing but do you wonder why it's over 10 months and not 12 ?

Answers on a post card please....

They also ask for payment from April 1st which is actually in the previous tax year.

Council Tax needs to be raised to a level that allows our hard working teachers, care givers, and other frontline workers to be paid what they deserve and have higher pensions.

If Council Tax could be set at just double the present level for all bands this could make a huge difference. I would go further and scrap lower Council Tax bands.

I don't understand why poorer households are charged less taxes when they all generate as much rubbish, have the same street lights, and all the other stuff. Everybody should pay the highest band.

More Council Tax income would also encourage local councils to properly look after more refugee families from less well off countries, such as France and Germany.

I remember paying it over 10 months years ago but in my current house (since 2014) it has always been over 12 months.

Whilst I had a bit of a battle on the completion date (sellers were buying a McCarthy and Stone and their solicitors were bloody idiots who told the council the provisional completion date rather than the real one) everything else went through fine; either paying over 12 months was the default or I could just tick a box for it.  I don't remember but it certainly wasn't an issue.

I quite like paying it over 10 months instead of 12. My bank account looks rosier during the 2 months I don't pay it. 

My home is band A plus I get the single occupancy discount so cheap for the area I live in. B|

2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Council Tax needs to be raised to a level that allows our hard working teachers, care givers, and other frontline workers to be paid what they deserve and have higher pensions.

If Council Tax could be set at just double the present level for all bands this could make a huge difference. I would go further and scrap lower Council Tax bands.

I don't understand why poorer households are charged less taxes when they all generate as much rubbish, have the same street lights, and all the other stuff. Everybody should pay the highest band.

More Council Tax income would also encourage local councils to properly look after more refugee families from less well off countries, such as France and Germany.

Bedrag's back !! Love it :Jumping:  Many NHS workers right now wouldn't even detect the sarcasm !!!

I saved years ago and pay up a year in advance. I prefer it that way.

Last year some shit tried to raid my account and gamble. I nailed.it down to the council. Mentioned it to bank when they contacted me about the attempt.

I doubt I will get a rebate from services laid for and not supplied ...bins mostly..during this last virus period. Sorry..you wouldnt take it from a shop..why the council if poor service?

I still pay the full year in advance...extra security though.