DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

Dr John said yesterday that until there's widespread vaccination we'll need social distancing. He's also saying we should be wearing masks outside etc

So how will the world continue if you can't sit close indoors with people?

I don't know how flying will work.
Or the train.
Or buses.

Would masks be enough?

take windows out of them all and have plenty of fresh air?

Offices - How many of them can re-open in a useful way?
Hotdesking - is that over with?
Shops - limit numbers in at a time, social distancing. but how do you deal with scummy shoplifters? (Shoot on sight?) 
Restaurants? How many covers a night does a place need to be viable? 
Bars? how many people can safely be at the bar?
Hairdressers etc - Masks all round? 

Tesco story yesterday: They'll number your car and call you when your turn is. Organised parking might make it much better to manage numbers in store. 

If you can stay 2m away outdoors from someone, how far away should you be indoors to be safe? Or is it 2m indoors and therefore you can be a bit closer outside cos of the fresh air diluting virus?

• Agree 3

They won't insist on masks because facial recognition cameras won't work.

The future is going to be absolute crap for Humans. Glad I won't be around to see it.

• Agree 9

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

They won't insist on masks because facial recognition cameras won't work.

The future is going to be absolute crap for Humans. Glad I won't be around to see it.

It will unless we stand up for ourselves against the state, the virus is not as bad as is being made out. But it is being used to change how we interact and the level of control we face 

• Agree 8

Austin Allegro

I honestly don't see this happening. Eventually people are going to get fed up with all this and move towards the Swedish model, where the vulnerable groups self-isolate and everybody else gets on with life. I think the current form of lockdown and social distancing is unlikely to last longer than a year because if a 'second wave' doesn't come this winter most people will relax anyway.

There's only so long that people will put up with this 'new normal' stuff if the threatened 'enemy' does not appear - during WW2 for example a lot of the early restrictions started during the invasion panic of 1940 were gone by 1943.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 4

ashestoashes
20 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Dr John said yesterday that until there's widespread vaccination we'll need social distancing. He's also saying we should be wearing masks outside etc

So how will the world continue if you can't sit close indoors with people?

I don't know how flying will work.
Or the train.
Or buses.

Would masks be enough?

take windows out of them all and have plenty of fresh air?

Offices - How many of them can re-open in a useful way?
Hotdesking - is that over with?
Shops - limit numbers in at a time, social distancing. but how do you deal with scummy shoplifters? (Shoot on sight?) 
Restaurants? How many covers a night does a place need to be viable? 
Bars? how many people can safely be at the bar?
Hairdressers etc - Masks all round? 

Tesco story yesterday: They'll number your car and call you when your turn is. Organised parking might make it much better to manage numbers in store. 

If you can stay 2m away outdoors from someone, how far away should you be indoors to be safe? Or is it 2m indoors and therefore you can be a bit closer outside cos of the fresh air diluting virus?

what about toilet cubicles ? the virus is in fecal matter which will be in the air after the previous flush

what about farting in public ?

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

Underwhelmed

Dr John can fuck off, obviously he's a killjoy and doesn't live in the real world where interaction is inevitable, does he not know construction sites are open currently, does he really think social distancing (fascist terminology just like 'new normal') is being practised there.

• Agree 3

Walking into a Super market esp, MnS, at dinner time, on-Fri, or Saturday morning, and the place not being full of old people.

Not being run over by a large engined, Automatic German car in a car park, as it zoms off, into a wall.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

assetrichcashpoor

There have been a lot of comparisons to Spanish Flu and something that has come up is that social distancing and mask wearing where part of the policy to deal with that pandemic. I'm not sure if this was common knowledge or not, I was unaware until I saw it mentioned about a week ago. 

I wonder when the preventative measures and social distancing ended after the spanish flu?

I have a friend in Ohio.

The schedule of 'opening' over there is:

May 1: Healthcare prodedures that dont require overnight stay / dentist / vets

May 4: Manufacturing, distribution, construction, general offices

May 12: Retail w/ employees compulsory face coverings

Restaurants / bars / salons / ciema / gyms have no opening date yet.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

The solution is a quick reliable home test so people do one every morning before going out and mingling as normal if the test shows still virus free. Add the 'already got it and still immune' test so only those too shit scared of still catching the virus can take extra measures, the rest just get on with normal life.

Though I was hoping there really was some new world order ruse in play to replace the not fit for purpose debt based world economy with one where the plebs get a basic universal income to stop them starving, most jobs that can be are automated, and the environment and quality of life is promoted above slaving away in mundane non-jobs that don't forward human civilisation just to put a roof over your head and food on the table. Seems they don't have the imagination they're just robber barons.

The only way to win is not to play.

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I have a friend in Ohio.

The immediate future of the UK can be determined by the actions of other nations further along the virus experience than us. So feedback from other places such as this gives us an insight of what is likely here soon.

Won't be long before it's mostly back to normal with a view substantial caveats. Those hoping this virus was a real game changer will have to wait and see if a resurgance happens over autumn/winter where different more extreme tactics may be required.

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

I have a friend in Ohio.

At least there's a general will to get on with it in the US, and accept some deaths. 

We're a bunch of pussies in Europe. The war generation must be looking down at us thinking WTF did we fight for.

• Agree 5

15 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

There have been a lot of comparisons to Spanish Flu and something that has come up is that social distancing and mask wearing where part of the policy to deal with that pandemic. I'm not sure if this was common knowledge or not, I was unaware until I saw it mentioned about a week ago. 

I wonder when the preventative measures and social distancing ended after the spanish flu?

I see that as well and granted I don't think this thing is nothing but surely the 1918 flu was so so much worse.  Of course if this second wave/ mutation or whatever happens it could get worse but still a long way from 1918 I would say.  The more recent estimates I think say around 100 million people died in the Spanish flu.  Also seemed to have up to a 20% CFR and a lot of deaths were speculated to have been caused by secondary infections when we didn't have antibiotics (which granted we seem to be running low on these days but that's a separate topic).  Anyway with a global pop of just 1-2 billion and at the minimum 50 million deaths that looks considerably worse.  Our economy etc is another matter entirely though and seems to be veering into completely untested waters (or the big blue)

• Agree 1

Bottom line is there are too many people, a lot of them are packed into mega cities and they move around too much 

Tptb thought this was great as modern medicine can keep them healthy, turns out they can’t so time to dish out pills and johnnies as foreign aid instead of buying Mercs for despots 

• Agree 4

44 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I see that as well and granted I don't think this thing is nothing but surely the 1918 flu was so so much worse

This.

The people who are being killed by Coronavirus as overwhelming the old, fat and chronically ill.

These categories of  people simply did not exist when Spanish Flu was decimating the population.

Imagine what it would have done to them.

Edited by Bornagain
  • Agree 5

Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, BoSon said:

The immediate future of the UK can be determined by the actions of other nations further along the virus experience than us. So feedback from other places such as this gives us an insight of what is likely here soon.

Won't be long before it's mostly back to normal with a view substantial caveats. Those hoping this virus was a real game changer will have to wait and see if a resurgance happens over autumn/winter where different more extreme tactics may be required.

Yes I think there will be a lot of talk of the Second Wave until at least next spring.

Although yesterday I officially stepped down my immediate evacuation prepping and now only have my 24-hour survival bug out bag packed and ready to go instead of my full one-month survival kit. So at least at Allegro Towers some normality is returning.

• Agree 1

Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

The big difference is that Americans in general have a work ethic, and especially in the Bible Belt they generally don't want to be reliant on the state (gun ownership being based on this underlying idea of personal independence). They want to get back to work ASAP.

The UK however has become a very lazy socalist state. A greater percentage of the population than ever are lazy fuckers, and in times like this even the ones that aren't totally workshy often believe that the government can just continue to pay for everything indefinately. If the gov turned round tomorrow and said "you're all furloughed for 6 months" most people wouldn't think "how the fuck can the state pay for this?" they'd be cheering in the streets at the 6 month holiday they've been given.

I mentioned yesterday one mate who's a stay at home Dad with no job, today I was working away and another bloke I know mid 30's two kids only works 3 days a week casually mentioned that he was sat at home playing Mario Kart on his Super Nintnedo at mid-day. That's exactly what I used to do.....back in about 1993 when I was 9.

I know so many people who are running some scam or another that means they never had to take on the responsiblities of a full time job. And the percentage is growing. And that's before you count all the folk in government non-jobs.

The UK as a whole is becoming lazier and lazier because such behaviour is rewarded, or at the very least because it's seen that actually grafting is often a mugs game. Which is all well and good until the money does run out.

True. The Americans are the only nation on earth it seems where the concept of individual liberty still exists. It really is the land of the free in a way that Britain no longer is. Of course anything connected to this (opposition to a welfare state, opposition to Islam for constitutional reasons, gun ownership etc) gets twisted into a parody by the leftist western media. Those crazy Trump supporting rednecks!

That said, corporate America is probably sh*tter than corporate UK (only just) but in the USA it's still possible to just go off grid and become self reliant, buy some cheap land and live on it. That was killed off for good in the UK by the 1947 Town and Country Planning Act.

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

True. The Americans are the only nation on earth it seems where the concept of individual liberty still exists. It really is the land of the free in a way that Britain no longer is. Of course anything connected to this (opposition to a welfare state, opposition to Islam for constitutional reasons, gun ownership etc) gets twisted into a parody by the leftist western media. Those crazy Trump supporting rednecks!

Perhaps if they saw what a big house, with plenty of land, along with the still-slim and pretty stay at home mother of his children (who was a virgin when they married), the gun-tootin' redneck I know has, the average UK resident might suddenly realize that the UK isn't necessarily the greatest quality of life on earth.

• Agree 2