• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Please Sir, can we have some more ?

They need to analyse how they'll reopen. How many staff per shift to match the needs of customers. 

Some sort of odd table service where you get up and go to a table to collect your food all at a safe distance and prayer booths so you can pray the chef didn't sneeze in it.

I wonder how many other people will be thinking, "hang on, we've saved an absolute fortune by not buying all the usual crap that we don't really need, I think I'll just carry on like this thank you very much"? It'll be a long time before I go out for a meal/takeaway again that's for sure. My batch cooked Patak curries, etc have been awesome (and I find food always tastes better when it has just your own phlegm it in!). Thing is, what will all the people working in these places do, and there surely are a lot of them? 

2 minutes ago, Mihnjeeta said:

I wonder how many other people will be thinking, "hang on, we've saved an absolute fortune by not buying all the usual crap that we don't really need, I think I'll just carry on like this thank you very much"? It'll be a long time before I go out for a meal/takeaway again that's for sure. My batch cooked Patak curries, etc have been awesome (and I find food always tastes better when it has just your own phlegm it in!). Thing is, what will all the people working in these places do, and there surely are a lot of them? 

Not many. If there is one good thing to have come out of the apocalypse/totalitarian lockdown (take your pick) is that most people are incapable of critical thought and probably incapable of any thought. Take the clapping thing as an example. 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Not many. If there is one good thing to have come out of the apocalypse/totalitarian lockdown (take your pick) is that most people are incapable of critical thought and probably incapable of any thought. Take the clapping thing as an example. 

All by a Grand Design of course.

Started with the implementation of The Nationl Curriculum.......only for the State Plebs of course.

Dumb down..... and now we're reaping the rewards.

A Nation of Retards.

Just now, Wahoo said:

All by a Grand Design of course.

Started with the implementation of The Nationl Curriculum.......only for the State Plebs of course.

Dumb down..... and now we're reaping the rewards.

A Nation of Retards.

Gawd yes.  Looking back, my hairdressing course was more challenging than some degrees. Im not kidding. 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, spunko said:

Once McDonald's reopens you'll see how few think like this. Queues for miles etc - literally. 

Like in New Zealand in the last 24 hours. Massive queues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8262747/New-Zealanders-line-outside-McDonalds-fast-food-restaurant-reopened.html

9596EE52-9340-4ACC-9509-91CFDF3D4293.jpeg

Edited by Battenberg

3 hours ago, Mihnjeeta said:

You would think so, but I bet you’re wrong. 

Even I miss the odd restaurant meal in neighboring France, no shopping for ingredients, cooking, washing-up/dishwasher and clearing up is an occasional luxury I enjoy. 

I never want takeaways here anyway as they’re all shit and all extortionate, but they do good business with some people. 

4 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Never ceases to amaze me, the popularity of Macdonalds.

Even when I’m fasting the smell of it turns my stomach. The smell of any  other savoury food, especially garlicky pizza, is a torture, but Macdos is human pigswill and the stink reinforces the will not to eat. 

8 hours ago, spunko said:

Once McDonald's reopens you'll see how few think like this. Queues for miles etc - literally. 

Local kebab shop reopend last week, looks to me like they are doing a roaring trade.

11 hours ago, Battenberg said:

That's a tiny McDonalds, about the length of 2 cars it looks like...!

I can't imagine anything the size of that being built here it just wouldn't cope. Ours are double storey and open 24 hour. 💪 Go Britain Go.

11 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You would think so, but I bet you’re wrong. 

Even I miss the odd restaurant meal in neighboring France, no shopping for ingredients, cooking, washing-up/dishwasher and clearing up is an occasional luxury I enjoy. 

I never want takeaways here anyway as they’re all shit and all extortionate, but they do good business with some people. 

Never ceases to amaze me, the popularity of Macdonalds.

Even when I’m fasting the smell of it turns my stomach. The smell of any  other savoury food, especially garlicky pizza, is a torture, but Macdos is human pigswill and the stink reinforces the will not to eat. 

It's strange, the only time anyone ever fancies a McDonalds is the day after they had one. Seems to be highly addictive but only if you've had it within the last few days.

That's my theory anyway but it's about to shot to pieces with all these gluttons queueing up having not eaten it for 6 weeks.

On C4 news last night they interviewed this chap:

https://www.kingofcotton.com/article.php/51/our_stores/

He said our governbankment's scheme was generous. He got £5,000 per shop in the UK compared to the €1,500 for each of his shops in Europe. He said they would come out of the crisis better than when they went into it.

The generosity of our scheme is ridiculous. If had been more targeted it could have helped out people in need and then been kept going for longer. It's appalling they are giving £10,000 or £25,000 non returnable grants to second home owners when it could have helped businesses creating jobs. 

7 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's strange, the only time anyone ever fancies a McDonalds is the day after they had one. Seems to be highly addictive but only if you've had it within the last few days.

That's my theory anyway but it's about to shot to pieces with all these gluttons queueing up having not eaten it for 6 weeks.

I find it to be a very odd food. First of all it stinks, which evolution tells me should put hoomans off. And it makes you crave it, that’s true. There’s something deeply wrong with this type of shite. I had a small KFC about a year ago and it was shite, really greasy and just fucking awful.

I can understand evolution makes us natural gluttons. But what the fuck is going on with the shape of some of these people? And especially wimmin? Surely it’s affecting hormones or something? Just doing the dishes in my quiet rural street this morning I’ve seen a few human blobs. It doesn’t seem like ordinary obesity. I work with one wimmon and she’s always exposing this massive gut. I’m sure I didn’t notice this stuff 20 years ago. Sugar? High fructose CS? What gives? I’m doing pasta for lunch so may take a sneaky pic to list if I witness any gutbuckets staggering about.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Shamone said:

I find it to be a very odd food. First of all it stinks, which evolution tells me should put hoomans off. And it makes you crave it, that’s true. There’s something deeply wrong with this type of shite. I had a small KFC about a year ago and it was shite, really greasy and just fucking awful.

I can understand evolution makes us natural gluttons. But what the fuck is going on with the shape of some of these people? And especially wimmin? Surely it’s affecting hormones or something? Just doing the dishes in my quiet rural street this morning I’ve seen a few human blobs. It doesn’t seem like ordinary obesity. I work with one wimmon and she’s always exposing this massive gut. I’m sure I didn’t notice this stuff 20 years ago. Sugar? High fructose CS? What gives? I’m doing pasta for lunch so may take a sneaky pic to list if I witness any gutbuckets staggering about.

20 years ago we all mocked Americans particularly their women for having huge gunts etc. Pretty sure exercise levels in the early 00s were low (like now) so I don't think it's that; my personal opinion - not based on anything just a hunch - is that it's due to sugar. Many foods are really sugary now. Problem is that as some foods get more sugar-laden everything else has to play catch up, or it doesn't taste as sweet.

Take for example a can of Heinz baked beans, the amount of sugar in them now (IMO) makes them almost inedible. I have to drain the shit out of them first over the sink with a sieve, or choose a cheapy supermarket brand. 

If you know how to search by date range in Google, then you can easily find out how different the levels of sugar are now compared to say 2012:

Screenshot_2020-04-29 heinz baked beans sugar content - Google Search.png

5g per 100g in 2012... it's now 7.8g per 150g, can someone do the maths? Maybe this isn't the best example :S

Edited by spunko

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

20 years ago we all mocked Americans particularly their women for having huge gunts etc. Pretty sure exercise levels in the early 00s were low (like now) so I don't think it's that; my personal opinion - not based on anything just a hunch - is that it's due to sugar. Many foods are really sugary now. Problem is that as some foods get more sugar-laden everything else has to play catch up, or it doesn't taste as sweet.

Take for example a can of Heinz baked beans, the amount of sugar in them now (IMO) makes them almost inedible. I have to drain the shit out of them first over the sink with a sieve, or choose a cheapy supermarket brand. 

If you know how to search by date range in Google, then you can easily find out how different the levels of sugar are now compared to say 2013:

Screenshot_2020-04-29 heinz baked beans sugar content - Google Search.png

5g per 100g in 2013... it's now 7.1g , or 40% more.

I can remember when I first visited HaMurica in late 90s and thinking why is the bread sweet? I put on weight there too. Now bread tastes sweet here too. Fucking hell, everything tastes sweet. 

6 minutes ago, Shamone said:

I can remember when I first visited HaMurica in late 90s and thinking why is the bread sweet? I put on weight there too. Now bread tastes sweet here too. Fucking hell, everything tastes sweet. 

it's  not just added to food either, it's bred in - fruit is bred specifically to create high sugar strains. Compare, say, a windfall apple or foraged blackberry with the shop equivalent. The latter is much more sweet.

IMO they do this because sugar is a drug causing you to become hooked on anything containing it, but it can be labelled as 'natural'.

15 hours ago, Mihnjeeta said:

Very few will think that way, sadly. It would take years of lockdown and hardship on a 1940s scale for that to happen.

It's a shame but in a way it's good for people like myself who are able to live a frugal life on the back of it, eg, if everybody practiced make do and mend, there wouldn't be nearly as many nice cheap clothes for me to buy in the charity shops; if everyone kept their old cars it wouldn't be possible to pick up cheap secondhand deals etc.

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

it's  not just added to food either, it's bred in - fruit is bred specifically to create high sugar strains. Compare, say, a windfall apple or foraged blackberry with the shop equivalent. The latter is much more sweet.

IMO they do this because sugar is a drug causing you to become hooked on anything containing it, but it can be labelled as 'natural'.

Totally agree. I hardly eat fruit at all now, maybe the odd apple. It all tastes ridiculously sweet. I bet even a Granny Smiths apple would taste sweet now.

12 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Totally agree. I hardly eat fruit at all now, maybe the odd apple. It all tastes ridiculously sweet. I bet even a Granny Smiths apple would taste sweet now.

FWIW I'd add booze to the most wanted list for turning middle-aged wimmin into hamplanets. We can thank 90's laddette culture for that. Those 20 something laddettes must be mid 40's now and their alcopop binges have caught up with them.

Which is sugar indirectly, but worth noting.

Guess it's the late 20th century obsession with "fat free" that actually means "fuck loads of sugar" as well.

17 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

It is the bellweather.

He who lives by the sword ...

[Sorry WF.  I do think you should consider eating a dish of damp squid, though.]