DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 10:43, crashmonitor said:

Not on diet ( except being mainly vegetarian) but keen to exercise everyday.

SImilar body type to me by the looks of it although you are a bit thinner.

Can anyone here cross their hands (crossover) while skipping? I have been practicing it, getitng better but I don't get how that guy in the video - apparently completely new to jumping rope - had managed it in the first week so well... Hmmm.. Perhaps he just has really good co-ordination. I still mess it up maybe 33% of the time.

To be fair my coordination has always been famously poor, I trip over all the time, shit at football, etc etc.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Can anyone here cross their hands (crossover) while skipping? I have been practicing it, getitng better but I don't get how that guy in the video - apparently completely new to jumping rope - had managed it in the first week so well... Hmmm.. Perhaps he just has really good co-ordination. I still mess it up maybe 33% of the time.

To be fair my coordination has always been famously poor, I trip over all the time, shit at football, etc etc.

Ha, I'm just feeling chuffed that I can now manage 5 mins of skipping (15-25 seconds of skipping with 10-15 second breaks). Along with my daily 30 mins of P90-X Yoga and 'dialing in' my diet I've dropped 5Kg so far in the last 6 weeks. Defo looking forward to adding in some 'tricks' once I'm able for it though. As AlfredTL says, the CCC video has some good tips. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

It's just fucking hard :S

I find if I actively look down at elbows when trying one and almost force them to touch each other it makes success more likely. 

I also really think about exaggerated hands out to the side. 

I'm still lucky if I get 1 in 5 that works. I shall keep at it though. 

Skipping well is a seriously Impress skill. 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

I'm still going, but not every day.

This video's good motivation, nice to see lots of people enjoying skipping, unfortunately they're all far better than I'll ever be

https://youtu.be/MJrSndmtRGE

Throughout that video there are some quite large burds demonstrating pretty good (and surprising IMO) athleticism. I'm not normally inclined to say "you go girl" to large women, but in this case, I think they deserve it. 

As for the Brazilian-looking bloke at the end who can dance and skip at the same time - just awesome!

On 13/11/2020 at 09:38, AlfredTheLittle said:

I'm still going, but not every day.

This video's good motivation, nice to see lots of people enjoying skipping, unfortunately they're all far better than I'll ever be

https://youtu.be/MJrSndmtRGE

Lots of very impressive stuff there. But much of it doesn't seem to be actually skipping :S

Looks like the latest craze is wrapping the rope around your limbs in some elaborate manner then unwrapping it. 

Is that skipping ?

On 13/05/2020 at 15:20, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yes very impressive for 55, I'm the same age, most people, well certainly Brits at least, would say I'm in decent shape, but it's a bloody long time since I've been as ripped as that. I'd have to go teetotal and sugar-free for 6 months to get close - ie it won't happen!

I’ve put 10kg on and I can tell ps it’s not in a good way

48 minutes ago, ccc said:

Lots of very impressive stuff there. But much of it doesn't seem to be actually skipping :S

Looks like the latest craze is wrapping the rope around your limbs in some elaborate manner then unwrapping it. 

Is that skipping ?

My son used to go to skipping club (sadly moved and can't go any more), that's what they were all doing there. I think it can be counted as skipping when it's done as part of a skipping routine 🙂

49 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

My son used to go to skipping club (sadly moved and can't go any more), that's what they were all doing there. I think it can be counted as skipping when it's done as part of a skipping routine 🙂

Seems to be pushing the description  a bit :D

But hey ho keeps folk active. 

If I stop half way - down a pint in an impressive fashion - then continue will that still be skipping if I have the rope in my hand. :Beer:

5 hours ago, ccc said:

Seems to be pushing the description  a bit :D

But hey ho keeps folk active. 

If I stop half way - down a pint in an impressive fashion - then continue will that still be skipping if I have the rope in my hand. :Beer:

If you can do it while still skipping and not stopping, that would be pretty impressive.

17 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

If you can do it while still skipping and not stopping, that would be pretty impressive.

A mate of mine fell backwards off a bench with a full-to-the-brim pint of lager in his hand. Landed flat on his back, his head sounded a huge crack as it hit the floor, but he didn’t spill a drop. Impressive dedication to his booze.