DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My precious ......

spygirl

How good is it though? I woud expect medical staff to be supplied with stuff of a known quality. Any nob can order a cloth placebo from the internet, and I am sure many of them are no good.

Edited by MrPin
  • Agree 2

Thombleached
17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8266591/Woman-35-stockpiled-2-500-PPE-refuses-donate-NHS.html

Again, if awoman with just a credit card can get PPE ahead o the NHS- and £200 is not much.

Then you really need to be sacking those NHS managers.

I was in the office yesterday and (bare in mind this is heartland labour - Liverpool), all chat was about how shit the government was for not making sure nurses have masks etc.

Zero discussion on NHS management, supply chain, forecast planners etc etc. I bit my lip.

• Agree 8

Frank Hovis
2 minutes ago, NewryH said:

After OAPs have run their media course, it will be 'when will the shops open - we need to know exactly right now'.

Yes, that is exactly how twattish they are being in their questioning.  The government shoudl be telling them to grow up.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, spygirl said:

OAPs dying in care homes, apparently.

Not sure what the media thought happened to OAPs in care homes before. Cocoons just an 80s filum.

Yes no inmate comes out alive. 

Have other countries also got lots of old people in care homes? Or is it a british thing?

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, that is exactly how twattish they are being in their questioning.  The government shoudl be telling them to grow up.

It's just petulance, a particularly unattractive quality in an adult.

Edited by Panther
  • Agree 1

Austin Allegro
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

OAPs dying in care homes, apparently.

Not sure what the media thought happened to OAPs in care homes before. Cocoons just an 80s filum.

Seems like the media have been treating care homes like the Home Guard in WW2. Elderly reservists who can be called up to serve in an emergency. In the case the emergency is that not enough young fit people are dying from Covid. Bring on the boys of the old brigade, our gallant care home residents!

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, dgul said:

Ventilators.  PPE.  Testing.  PPE.  Vaccine.  PPE.

I wonder what the next media obsession is going to be.

Must have really fucked up investigating Maddie in Portugal this year

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

5 hours ago, dgul said:

Oh, I missed out 'care-home deaths'.

Also, we've got 'PPE in women's sizes' vying for attention.

4 hours ago, dgul said:

Captain Toms 100th Birthday tomorrow. All day event on the BBC and ITV to rival the hysteria of Diana's death. 9_9

Not sure if the flypast is still going ahead, or how many hundreds of thousand cards he's received so far (tax the daft fuckers if they have that much spare cash still :P) but I expect we've seen nothing yet.

Fair dos he did some walking around his garden and never intended for any of this but the media have sure piled onto the publicity train. If I was him I'd just stay in tomorrow and hold up the V for victory sign.

• Lol 2

stop_the_craziness
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

You also missed out 'BAME'

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, stop_the_craziness said:

You also missed out 'BAME'

The Labour Party for some reason are doing their own investigation into why BAME are so affected. Surely a few vit d tests would clear it up quick sharp. 9_9

Unless this really is some nafarious bioweapon that 'accidentaly got out'. :ph34r:

Oh well, at least the yanks have an excuse for a war if they want one. One way out of paying back all that foreign debt China holds, if the attempt to write it off as compo for bat flu doesn't work.

12 minutes ago, dgul said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52454741

_100553292_p06264ry.jpg

Leanne Wood is looking rough.

https://www.leannerhondda.wales/ppe_women

The NHS in Wales is the largest employer in the country, with a workforce in excess of 80,000. Women represent nearly 77% of this total. It is believed that a higher proportion of staff working in care homes are women – Social Care Wales estimate it to be 83% of the workforce.

I'd like to thank keanne for bringing this obvious sexism to my attention.

What is she going to do about this gross example of the old women network?

https://gov.wales/staff-directly-employed-nhs-30-september-2019

• The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,990 (2.5%) to 81,044.
  • Medical and dental staff increased by 153 (2.3%) to 6,693.
  • Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased(r) by 373 (1.1%) to 33,301.
  • Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 571 (4.3%) to 13,777.
  • Administration and estates staff increased by 792 (4.4%) to 18,687.

Maybe some of the 32k non clinical staff could do something?

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8266591/Woman-35-stockpiled-2-500-PPE-refuses-donate-NHS.html

Again, if awoman with just a credit card can get PPE ahead o the NHS- and £200 is not much.

Then you really need to be sacking those NHS managers.

Even if they did, NHS management probably would have bought the same pretty useless masks!  Not even fit for DIY!

Edited by Harley

Virgil Caine
46 minutes ago, dgul said:

Don’t forget BAME.

One ethnic minority death is worth a 1000 old white people in care homes.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BoSon said:

Captain Toms 100th Birthday tomorrow. All day event on the BBC and ITV to rival the hysteria of Diana's death. 9_9

Not sure if the flypast is still going ahead, or how many hundreds of thousand cards he's received so far (tax the daft fuckers if they have that much spare cash still :P) but I expect we've seen nothing yet.

Fair dos he did some walking around his garden and never intended for any of this but the media have sure piled onto the publicity train. If I was him I'd just stay in tomorrow and hold up the V for victory sign.

They must need to hide some dodgy news, maybe Meghan will get her Diana moment 🙄

Guest Account
23 hours ago, Thombleached said:

I was in the office yesterday and (bare in mind this is heartland labour - Liverpool), all chat was about how shit the government was for not making sure nurses have masks etc.

Zero discussion on NHS management, supply chain, forecast planners etc etc. I bit my lip.

Which NHS managers? Certainly not hospital managers, as they have (had) to concentrate on waiting times. NHS Trust supply managers? I'd guess they have to keep spending to a possible minimum. NHS Trust managers? They have their priorities set by the health department.

At the level that decisions like 'buy thousands of tonnes of PPE' are made, it's hard to tell if the decisions are made by NHS mangers or politicians. I'd argue more by politicians.

The complexity of the labyrinthine NHS system, created and constantly tinkered with by politicians, seems to be one of the main problems.

Thombleached
7 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

Which NHS managers? Certainly not hospital managers, as they have (had) to concentrate on waiting times. NHS Trust supply managers? I'd guess they have to keep spending to a possible minimum. NHS Trust managers? They have their priorities set by the health department.

At the level that decisions like 'buy thousands of tonnes of PPE' are made, it's hard to tell if the decisions are made by NHS mangers or politicians. I'd argue more by politicians.

The complexity of the labyrinthine NHS system, created and constantly tinkered with by politicians, seems to be one of the main problems.

I'd argue the layers upon layers of bad management that they have self-imposed would be their undoing. Or am I being naive that a functioning business should be in charge of it's own forecasting and supply chain?

If it's a case of government needs the final say, then perhaps a phone call to the health minister to say "we need XYZ - that ok?" would be a start. I haven't seen any evidence that that's happened. To me it looks like everyone involved (NHS and government) just assumed it was "someone else's" responsibility to make the decision

• Agree 1

Guest Account
27 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

I'd argue the layers upon layers of bad management that they have self-imposed would be their undoing. Or am I being naive that a functioning business should be in charge of it's own forecasting and supply chain?

If it's a case of government needs the final say, then perhaps a phone call to the health minister to say "we need XYZ - that ok?" would be a start. I haven't seen any evidence that that's happened. To me it looks like everyone involved (NHS and government) just assumed it was "someone else's" responsibility to make the decision

The NHS isn't a functioning business, JIT/efficiency/costs mean that nobody in the chain can go off and hoard their own PPE.

The way things were set up, it was "someone else's" responsibility to make the decision - SAGE's. Perhaps the government set up yet another layer of health advice, and just listened to them / COBRA - rather than involving the NHS early on. Edit: I wonder if they just listened to a few epidemiologists, who didn't think using masks had any point early on - but didn't consult with any clinicians?

God knows what other layers like Public Health England actually do. 

Edited by Heffalump
  • Agree 1