DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My Beautiful Pubs

MrLibertyRedux

Pub quiz  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Stuey said:

Best way to get pubs open is for to have drunken idiots marauding everywhere this weekend and too many for police to handle... :Old:

Earlier this evening I heard drunken revellers for a while. Same a couple of evenings ago. Rural Scottish town with 12k population. If that’s happening here.............

sarahbell
On 30/04/2020 at 19:29, MrPin said:

I think you mean Mormons. Used to work with a JW, who certainly liked beer. Easy to confuse I guess, er, maybe?

Its spelt with a N.

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn’t be surprised if loads of breweries go under

those that just brew cask are fucked until October

the industry is dying each year anyway and probably deliberately so

cask ale especially is hideously white and has centuries of tradition

i hope all nightclubs get fucked also

Edited by AQUAMAN

On 05/05/2020 at 22:27, Van Lady said:

Earlier this evening I heard drunken revellers for a while. Same a couple of evenings ago. Rural Scottish town with 12k population. If that’s happening here.............

last week the lady who owns a boutique hotel next to me had various builders round (foreign don't know where from).  She had flew in from the US - get the impression it's very much a pet project not sole income.  Anyway after a couple of days they had a bbq went outside and thought fuck what the hell is going on sounded like a stag party type thing.  Very loud and drunken.  My flat mate who is friendly with her got us lots of meats.  They did it again this week less drunken though for a seafood bbq.  She clearly doesn't care at all.

• Cheers 1

Saw a bloke sat on the benches outside my local supping a can of Stella yesterday at 5pm. Good on him, well apart from choice of beer.

Hoping my half day off  request will be granted as I'm fully prepped for this now - huge foldable chair, instant bbq, dozens of craft ale, chargeable radio. Who needs pubs... 

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, AQUAMAN said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if loads of breweries go under

those that just brew cask are fucked until October

the industry is dying each year anyway and probably deliberately so

cask ale especially is hideously white and has centuries of tradition

i hope all nightclubs get fucked also

Good hope all these "craft" ale brewery tossers ran by hipsters selling £5 pint disappear up their own arses. It would give me so much pleasure if Brewdogg disappeared selling their over-priced over-hopped pretentious shite served by surly skinny jeans wearing bearded wankers at £5.50 a pint. 

However it would sadden me if the old breweries shut, Bass, Courage, Fullers et al. Pint of Bass at my local is £1.50.

• Agree 3
  • Lol 2

2 hours ago, gibbon said:

Good hope all these "craft" ale brewery tossers ran by hipsters selling £5 pint disappear up their own arses. It would give me so much pleasure if Brewdogg disappeared selling their over-priced over-hopped pretentious shite served by surly skinny jeans wearing bearded wankers at £5.50 a pint. 

However it would sadden me if the old breweries shut, Bass, Courage, Fullers et al. Pint of Bass at my local is £1.50.

Fullers is already dead

6 hours ago, Stuey said:

Can't see there being much cask ale around given the lead times required. 

They will, just only stuff they bottle and can take out before bottling

2 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

I’m drinking more Beer than I did in pre Covid times. Breweries will be fine.

Don't be so sure

The Government couldn't even organise a piss up in one

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Ash4781b said:

I’m drinking more Beer than I did in pre Covid times. Breweries will be fine.

Proper beer or industrial lager? Old school breweries wedded to cask won't be doing well. More modern operations with craft canning abilities should be OK. I've heard some are now canning 24/7 and still can't meet demand. 

3 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Proper beer or industrial lager? Old school breweries wedded to cask won't be doing well. More modern operations with craft canning abilities should be OK. I've heard some are now canning 24/7 and still can't meet demand. 

Adnams cans and the dreaded dog so industrial?

Edited by Ash4781b

3 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

'kin 'ell!

Take me to your boozer.

Let me know if you're ever in Bristol. If you're richer than Crassus and want to push the boat out then it's £2 for a pint of Guinness or £2 for a Stella. It's not for everyone mind, like stepping into a time warp back to the 1930s. 

• Cheers 1

Austin Allegro
6 hours ago, gibbon said:

I have a 'handle glass test' for pubs/barmen like that.

Go into a pub and ask for a beer in a handle glass/mug. Response will be one of the following:

1. 'Nah mate' (Crap pub, usually run by surly hipsters with overprice beer)
2. 'Hmm, think there's one here somewhere' (searches around for a while and finds one covered in dust. OK pub, probably a bit sticky carpet/sky sports place with not very good beer).

3. 'Sure no problem' (Clean mug produced immediately. Good pub with good beer.)

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I have a 'handle glass test' for pubs/barmen like that.

Go into a pub and ask for a beer in a handle glass/mug. Response will be one of the following:

1. 'Nah mate' (Crap pub, usually run by surly hipsters with overprice beer)
2. 'Hmm, think there's one here somewhere' (searches around for a while and finds one covered in dust. OK pub, probably a bit sticky carpet/sky sports place with not very good beer).

3. 'Sure no problem' (Clean mug produced immediately. Good pub with good beer.)

Proper ale pubs know that dimpled mugs are just for show, best ale is in straight conic glasses. 

Edited by Stuey
Real ale twat
  • Agree 1

Bus Stop Boxer
12 hours ago, Stuey said:

Saw a bloke sat on the benches outside my local supping a can of Stella yesterday at 5pm. Good on him, well apart from choice of beer.

Hoping my half day off  request will be granted as I'm fully prepped for this now - huge foldable chair, instant bbq, dozens of craft ale, chargeable radio. Who needs pubs... 

Craft Ale cunt.:)

I've waited so long......

Enjoy.

Wight Flight

I was looking at my local beach bar today. It has the usual trestle table things in a row.

At two metres apart, they won't get many in. But apart from those on your own table, you are back to back with the next table. I would guess that, even at 1 metre, with your back to someone outside the risk of transmission is very low.

I think the gov. are going to move to 1m very shortly.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Austin Allegro
16 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I was looking at my local beach bar today. It has the usual trestle table things in a row.

At two metres apart, they won't get many in. But apart from those on your own table, you are back to back with the next table. I would guess that, even at 1 metre, with your back to someone outside the risk of transmission is very low.

I think the gov. are going to move to 1m very shortly.

Almost definite I think. 1m/3' gives the impression that something is being done against the dreaded invisible killer, but in reality it's not much different to a normal social distance, unless you're in a really crowded pub.

• Agree 1