DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Face Masks and where to get them

NewryH

The mood seems to be that we will need face masks to go out.

Whether or not they are a help is by-the-by - but being 'masked-up' might be the only way to go around without being yelled at.

So, given that hospitals and other care givers can't seem to get enough - where does Joe Public get them from?  I suspect the wife will try and make some nice ones out of old duvet covers, but I'm buggered if I'm going out with that.  The only item I would (reluctantly) wear that wasn't 'proper' would be a scarf pulled up around my face.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, NewryH said:

Whether or not they are a help is by-the-by - but being 'masked-up' might be the only way to go around without being yelled at.

So, given that hospitals and other care givers can't seem to get enough - where does Joe Public get them from?  I suspect the wife will try and make some nice ones out of old duvet covers, but I'm buggered if I'm going out with that.  The only item I would (reluctantly) wear that wasn't 'proper' would be a scarf pulled up around my face.

My lad has some cotton balaclava from his kart racing days.

Coupled with sunglasses, I think it will be a good look.

Might add a baseball cap to accessorize. Wonder if I will be allowed in the bank?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

6 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Be creative

Someone could sell advertising space on them and issue them for free

Attractive girls could write their telephone number

British or EU flags - oh, that's over, but just imagine

Mine could simply read, 'Bastard'

ETC

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 2

whitevanman
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

Might add a baseball cap to accessorize. Wonder if I will be allowed in the bank?

I'm DOSBODS!

14 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Wish I had one of these - very steampunk.

image.jpeg.b5693a206e54938b23d4b0c0f6fbd0bc.jpeg

Try a fetish shop. Sorry don't know any but I'm sure you can find one [switch images off first].

My workplace made a big song and dance about giving all its PPE away over the last few weeks - face makes, respirators, overalls, gloves, the lot. All over social media and linkedin, smiling happy people emptying stores of all the PPE we had.

Now they're talking of return to work in the next few weeks. Trouble is, most physical work there cannot be done without appropriate PPE. Going to be fun to see if they can procure more in time.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 4
  • Lol 1

35 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Why not accessorise it with sunglasses and a beret...

MI_Irish_Republican_Army_IRA.jpg.784e2e7f7a36c8601c8a5cbed87752b1.jpg

48 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I bought a bunch in January because I saw it coming.

• Agree 2

Violent crime and robberies will surely go up then. I might even walk into Tesco grab a load of crap and leg it like the druggies do. xD

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

I have boxes of disposable respirators from work, but would prefer to go for the keffiyeh look

spacer.png

Lol..  beat me to it..  this is the only time you will get to walk into Asda dressed in full terrorist get-up without batting an eyelid.

Selfie for the photo album to show the grandkids of what life was like under Covid lockdown :D

e2ede87aea5503aa259a9108c6b73322.jpg

Only $2

https://m.alibaba.com/product/50042251338/Grey-Black-100-Cotton-Military-Desert.html?fullFirstScreen=true&redirect=1

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
46 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Be creative

Someone could sell advertising space on them and issue them for free

Attractive girls could write their telephone number

British or EU flags - oh, that's over, but just imagine

Mine could simply read, 'Bastard'

ETC

The other day, my brother was telling me about a huge advertising thing in the US with 'over-masks' (no idea what they are but I guess they are external to the mask itself), people using them to show love or threaten people to stay safe etc. 

I said to him you could troll people and wear one that said something like "Fuck off! I'm a bigger virtue signaller than you."

Democorruptcy

Don't get light fingered about face masks, it's a month for each one!

A man who was caught stealing face masks from a hospital struggling with the coronavirus outbreak has been sentenced to three months’ jail. Lerun Hussain, 34, from Clapham, south London, was detained by security staff at King’s College Hospital in Denmark Hill after he stole three surgical masks.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/08/man-jailed-three-months-stealing-face-masks-hospital-12527820/?ito=cbshare

Charles Carter
1 hour ago, NewryH said:

Why not just wear a burqa? 

11 minutes ago, Libspero said:

As soon as I realised China was going into lockdown I stopped ordering from Ali (express rather than baba which is wholesale)

My final order was January 8 - still not arrived although they keep sending me hopeful emails so I don't launch a dispute. "Your order has left the factory!" "Your order is in the postal system!"

Latest was my order has arrived in my country, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

• Informative 1

Old school?

Hb66469d1d0b24cd8b48c66e492fc2352z.jpg

Controversial?

Women's Goth Bat Wing & Skull Face Mask | Skull face, Vampire mask

Fun?

Dog Ski Mask Cat Mask Pig Mask Full Face Mask Motorcycle Costume Halloween Panda Husky Pig Fox Hats Cap Free Shipping Pig Mask, Fox Hat, Full Face Mask, Animal Ears, Costume Halloween, All Dogs, Ski, Panda, Dog Lovers

all down to personal choice really...choosing a mask is inherently subjective.  Personally I'm tempted by something more high tech

HTB1S3qIaq1s3KVjSZFAq6x_ZXXam.jpg

• Lol 1

24 minutes ago, Royston said:

Why not accessorise it with sunglasses and a beret...

MI_Irish_Republican_Army_IRA.jpg.784e2e7f7a36c8601c8a5cbed87752b1.jpg

I suppose I could some of neighbours if they have any spare.

19 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Does anyone know where you get a bet on the number of muggings increasing?

Police sketch artists are going to get bored drawing masks all day 😂

Can you describe the assailant?

Yes he was wearing a mask.

This could be the first time in history where all the witnesses descriptions are similar.

• Agree 1