DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So we're into (I think) the final week of the current extension and there's lots of talk of relaxing this and that but just from Errol's post in the main thread:

The Republic of Ireland has extended its current restrictions on people leaving their home for non-essential reasons until 18 May

Presumaby rest of UK will follow.

What order or 'restoration' would make you blow a fuse?

I'm reading that McD's and Greggs are looking to 're-open' for delivery soon, I guess meaning that staff at the premises will now all be crammed together as per normal (anyone with any common sense knows that people in general do not give a hoot for the 2m baloney).  Personally I don't see why this should be okay when there is still an 'essentials' ony lockdown still in place.  My selfish notion is that the gyms should open back up before these lifetime chronic disease enablers.

Another bugbear would be sport being allowed to return (even behind closed doors) before it's deemed acceptable to be out in groups with friends and (non live in) family.  I for one will go into complete disregard for the 'advice' dependent on how this unfolds (not that I'm taking a great deal of notice anyhow!)

5 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

I'm glad you pointed out the supervisor is female.  If it hadn't been the case waving a sword around given the amount of pork products in a Greggs could be cause for a reprimand!

I don't think the blokes do the supervisor bit. Not that many blokes on the tills either. 

I went into our London office this morning and it brought home how difficult social distancing in an office will be. When the lift door opens and there's more than 1 person in there, do you go in? You need some reports from a colleague, they put it down and move away for you to pick up. Someone coughs on the printer, panic and a deep clean of the printer. 

Employers should safeguard their employees, do we sign a disclaimer that we accept the risks of catching it.

It's a minefield and until there is a reliable vaccine, I can't see a solution. 

9 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

I went into our London office this morning and it brought home how difficult social distancing in an office will be. When the lift door opens and there's more than 1 person in there, do you go in? You need some reports from a colleague, they put it down and move away for you to pick up. Someone coughs on the printer, panic and a deep clean of the printer. 

Employers should safeguard their employees, do we sign a disclaimer that we accept the risks of catching it.

It's a minefield and until there is a reliable vaccine, I can't see a solution. 

Working from home for all who are able.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

Large office space is screwed then. Who will pay the rents on empty offices.

What happens if/when competition companies decide that they can work remotely (largely), hot desk in a much smaller space in the long term and shed one of their biggest outgoings and offers reduced wages to offset all the saved comment time and costs. Won't they kipper the opposition potentially? Could cause an avalanche of work space disposal if there's enough companies out there who think they can make that work (and staff).

There will be more data than there has ever been about how viable separation work from work environments could be from companies who have hardly ever touched the proposition before.

Edited by onlyme
2 minutes ago, Conniption said:

'Restoring Normality' is the new 'Promising Brexit for Four Years.'

The current situation is just too handy for the controllers to let go of.

It started with the Scottish independence referendum. Division. Slagging off the other with a different view in politics, MSM, social media and in personal life.

Then the EU referendum ramped it up. Division. Slagging off the other.......

Now we have stay at home, obey the rules and clap the nhs. Division. Slagging off the  other ........

The current situation is most depressing though due to its Worldwide intensity and the uncertainty of what freedom we will feel in day to day life.

3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

It started with the Scottish independence referendum. Division. Slagging off the other with a different view in politics, MSM, social media and in personal life.

Then the EU referendum ramped it up. Division. Slagging off the other.......

Now we have stay at home, obey the rules and clap the nhs. Division. Slagging off the  other ........

The current situation is most depressing though due to its Worldwide intensity and the uncertainty of what freedom we will feel in day to day life.

If you commit a very serious crime you are given a life sentence. One you've served your time in prison you are released but you can be recalled to prison at any time. You are never truly free again.

IMO we've all been given a life sentence. At the moment we've lost almost all our freedoms. If we behave ourselves we'll be given back some freedom but only if we agree to play by their rules. Freedom has become a privilege granted to us by government i.e no kind of freedom at all.

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

If you commit a very serious crime you are given a life sentence. One you've served your time in prison you are released but you can be recalled to prison at any time. You are never truly free again.

IMO we've all been given a life sentence. At the moment we've lost almost all our freedoms. If we behave ourselves we'll be given back some freedom but only if we agree to play by their rules. Freedom has become a privilege granted to us by government i.e no kind of freedom at all.

Agree. I can’t go to a beach, woods or local town in my rural area. Frowned upon for using cash when buying my essentials. Can’t put my house up for sale. Buying fence paint and brushes is deemed non essential. Left my home three times in one day but was never near anyone yet felt I was attracting criticism. Soon I’ll be expected to cover my face in case I should infect anyone with the so called killer virus.

Expected to sit in my home and only leave for essential items or a walk near home. If I disagree with or rebel a bit against that level of curtailment of my freedom due to the virus I’m branded an idiot or even a killer in our new reality.

22 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

this I had an interesting discussion on twitter earlier, it was civil but I pointed out government did not have power to do what it has, and courts should review. Pretty much every argument against me was the government can do what it likes, they are morons. Honestly we should be hanging politicians for this from lamp posts as for paying them tax fuck em they cannot have it bothways

14 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

this I had an interesting discussion on twitter earlier, it was civil but I pointed out government did not have power to do what it has, and courts should review. Pretty much every argument against me was the government can do what it likes, they are morons. Honestly we should be hanging politicians for this from lamp posts as for paying them tax fuck em they cannot have it bothways

Most people prefer slavery over freedom.

Just now, whitevanman said:

Most people prefer slavery over freedom.

They do even the educated ones as they are scared to be free.

They can have slavery just let me be free and free of having to pay for their bollocks. 

Another thing I was just thinking is most people never think they are the bad guys, they are always doing it for the greater good. 

9 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

They do even the educated ones as they are scared to be free.

They can have slavery just let me be free and free of having to pay for their bollocks. 

Another thing I was just thinking is most people never think they are the bad guys, they are always doing it for the greater good. 

Educated these days just means brainwashed. The middle class is highly conditioned to fitting in and being good little subjects. The poor are freer as they aren't nearly as brainwashed and have nothing much to lose.

Just now, whitevanman said:

Educated these days just means brainwashed. The middle class is highly conditioned to fitting in and being good little subjects. The poor are freer as they aren't nearly as brainwashed and have nothing much to lose.

You know if your poor or very rich you are free. Breaking laws has no consequence for you. It is only the middle that has something to loose, I can see a lot of people getting upset going forward

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

That’s true but one of our nurses was bragging we can make you go to hospitle with covid and if you catch it your on 90 quid a week for 2 weeks .im like that’s fine my air con will mean my temp will be below 38 when I clock in ie we get checked then I’m going to come on here and basicly kill half the patients save the system shit loads and your going to be on 90 a week and cost this company hundreds of thousands of pounds .sighn me up lol .ps I’ve got a very dry sense of humour 

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

Is this exactly the same group that were saying precisely the opposite about enforcing the result of the Brexit vote?