DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

I'm on a sightseeing and architecture tour of the City of London on my own. Can't stand crowds so felt it was the best time to go before the Nazi mask wearing rules come in.

Sadly not as enjoyable as I expected, just very sad and also angry about what Boris and the globalists have done for no reason. When people wake up to this I don't know what's going to happen. Here's a photo of Leadenhall Market today at 1pm, nearly all these shops would be open on a Sunday normally.

bonus: some friendly pigeons

IMG-20200719-WA0005.jpeg

15951647392036438023863130930355.jpg

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

I wouldn't worry, if people won't spend their money voluntarily Rishi will just tax it out of them and spend it on pumping house prices instead, everyone's a winner.

Don Coglione
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I'm on a sightseeing and architecture tour of the City of London on my own. Can't stand crowds so felt it was the best time to go before the Nazi mask wearing rules come in.

Sadly not as enjoyable as I expected, just very sad and also angry about what Boris and the globalists have done for no reason. When people wake up to this I don't know what's going to happen. Here's a photo of Leadenhall Market today at 1pm, nearly all these shops would be open on a Sunday normally.

IMG-20200719-WA0005.jpeg

I had to go to London a few days ago. I now fully appreciate just how fucked we are.

3 or 4 other people in my train carriage, Paddington deserted at 9am, half a dozen bodies on the Tube. 

Walking through the very heart of the city, in a perverse way it was lovely to be able to appreciate the architecture because there was no-one else around (as Spunko said); still 90% of cafes and coffee shops were closed. Those shops that were open were empty.

According to Boris, we are back to work and getting back to normal. 

London tells a different story.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 4

Wight Flight
16 minutes ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I had to go to London a few days ago. I now fully appreciate just how fucked we are.

3 or 4 other people in my train carriage, Paddington deserted at 9am, half a dozen bodies on the Tube. 

Walking through the very heart of the city, in a perverse way it was lovely to be able to appreciate the architecture because there was no-one else around (as Spunko said); still 90% of cafes and coffee shops were closed. Those shops that were open were empty.

Perhaps that is why Boris is panicking?

Yet again a London centric view, possibly not reflected across the wider parts of the UK.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spunko said:

IMG-20200719-WA0005.jpeg

I was in London yesterday

Chandos pub in Leicester Square was dead on a sunny Saturday afternoon in July. There were plenty of other pubs that weren't open at all. The rents aren't being paid. This will hit the landlords, which in turn will mean that the banks won't be paid

Midweek it's even worse, because people are still working from home

I think that the UK is facing a complete economic collapse

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

21 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Yet again a London centric view, possibly not reflected across the wider parts of the UK.

It's dead everywhere I've been in my corner of the world, except food shops. I expected London to be busier. And although it was depressing I'd recommend to go because it really brings everything home how serious the economic situation is. 

I also now understand the obsession with Pret in the MSM.... they're everywhere in London. Most were closed but you cannot walk more than 5 minutes without seeing one. Costa Coffee was like this about 5 years ago.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's dead everywhere I've been in my corner of the world, except food shops. I expected London to be busier. And although it was depressing I'd recommend to go because it really brings everything home how serious the economic situation is. 

I would also recommend going to London for the same reason

I came home shocked. It was that bad, I couldn't sleep properly

The UK is heading towards a complete economic collapse: currency collapse and hyperinflation

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

33 minutes ago, arbitrage said:

I think that the UK is facing a complete economic collapse

My nurse sister told me a few weeks back that would be a price worth paying so long as it meant the NHS was protected.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Just now, eight said:

My nurse sister told me a few weeks back that would be a price worth paying so long as it meant the NHS was protected.

I also think that there are plenty of Marxist nutters out there who would welcome the collapse of private enterprise. They won't be so happy when there's no food for them to eat

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, arbitrage said:

The UK is heading towards a complete economic collapse: currency collapse and hyperinflation

I visited the UK and had to get a train from London to Manchester. I booked first class to help with social distancing.

I forgot to change my watch so turned up an hour early 🥴 but the crew said I could get on the earlier train, I asked about my booked seat in case someone had booked the same seat on the earlier train. Not to worry they said, you're the only first class passenger on either train.

Three carriages to myself.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 6

14 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I visited the UK and had to get a train from London to Manchester. I booked first class to help with social distancing.

I forgot to change my watch so turned up an hour early 🥴 but the crew said I could get on the earlier train, I asked about my booked seat in case someone had booked the same seat on the earlier train. Not to worry they said, you're the only first class passenger on either train.

Three carriages to myself.

Totally sustainable.

Transpennine have just spunked £0.5B on new trains.

• Agree 1

ashestoashes

need more protesters, have a protest each day of the week, that'll bring in the crowds and tourists and get things moving again

Wight Flight
50 minutes ago, spunko said:

Heathrow had the same affect on me. Zombieland.

Everything here is fairly normal so it is very hard to comprehend.

9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Heathrow had the same affect on me. Zombieland.

Everything here is fairly normal so it is very hard to comprehend.

I traveled through Gatwick and it was the same, most shops shut, no crowds or queuing. Quite nice but not sustainable as a business model.

The Grey Man

Heathrow quiet. Drove down to drop someone off. Quite strict about not letting people in other than passengers.

Waiting for wife to return so tried having a snooze in the car before return journey. Going great untill some family pulled up in short stay and have been yabbering on for half an hour as loud as possible. Plenty of space...but no next to me.20200719_165833.thumb.jpg.2442dc8dafeaca9f3a64a9de096c5fa0.jpg

Don Coglione
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

As much as I hate the place, London is the epicentre of the UK economy.

If it is dead, then so is the national economy.

Truly, we are fucked.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Conversely to the London points - was in the peak District yesterday, absolutely packed, car parks all full. Going up the hill passed lots of happy families and groups of all ages, everyone friendly and saying hello. No masks.

I fear they've killed off the cities. But will the economy just reshape to virtual or socially distancing friendly activities? 

Having been a frequent user of public transport, the general standard of people's higene is disgusting so not surprised people are massively avoiding trains and buses still.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Conversely to the London points - was in the peak District yesterday, absolutely packed, car parks all full. Going up the hill passed lots of happy families and groups of all ages, everyone friendly and saying hello. No masks.

That's because all the city dwellers are avoiding the crowds :)

5 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Until there is a vaccine nobody will be using public transport in any large scale way.

The old normal isn't coming back.

The Government can moan all it likes but it's over.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, arbitrage said:

The alternative is letting the virus run rampant, and we have 120,000 dead, 50% of the population at home ill or suffering long-term impact and the economy collapses.

5 hours ago, arbitrage said:

Chandos pub in Leicester Square was dead on a sunny Saturday afternoon in July.

We are still in the middle of a global pandemic that is essentially totally out of control. Why would you expect people to be in the pubs or London?

Until there is a vaccine there will be no major change.

1 minute ago, Errol said:

We are still in the middle of the fear of a global pandemic that is essentially totally out of control. Why would you expect people to be in the pubs or London?

Until there is a vaccine there will be no major change.

FTFY 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Errol said:

The alternative is letting the virus run rampant, and we have 120,000 dead, 50% of the population at home ill or suffering long-term impact and the economy collapses.

I've had it apparently and didn't even notice. So how many others are the same as me?

We only know about the people who react badly, what if they're the unfortunate minority?

Not that I'm suggesting they are not important, just asking.

• Agree 2