DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Death Of London

spygirl

4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Khan is a politically driven cunt of the highest and lowest order, an identity politics vote scraper.

ideologically driven, first thing he did was ban bikini pictures on buses 

11 minutes ago, Errol said:

Oxford Circus, London. 9pm Saturday 14th November 2020:

That's great. You could have a pee at the end of the platform, if the pubs were open.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

9 hours ago, steppensheep said:

A Monday, between 2 and 4pm, according to the comments.  Worth flicking through to see some impressively traffic free streets.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7h_FzZRhHI

All threads lead to one ....

2.27K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Rollerblading through central London with my lil bro Jack Tierney. It’s been a while since we had our last session on inline skates together and i was so stoked to see him and skate around the City listening to some good old Hip Hop on our headphones. This was Jack’s first day on the Endless frame 100 and this time I’ve been riding my Wizard NR100 skates... Man i love these rollerblades so badly!!! Make sure you follow Jack and his crazy adventures on Instagram, link for his profile down below!

For the 11th daily installment of Big Wheel Blading’s Inline Skating and Life During COVID-19 series we talk to Nicola Torelli. Nicola is a 27-year-old inline skater and Emergency Room nurse living in London, England.

Oh the irony ...

Hes Italian ..

Again, italians under 40 are pouring into the UK.
Ive not issue with this bloke - hes working. Although he does look at twat on his rollerskates. And hes 27 ffs.

However 10m -+2m....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55022162

Let's assume that Northern spending swings up and London swings down.

Per capita spend transport subs in Grt London is huge- few k. Where I am its about 2p.

Going by the posted piccies theres native fuckall workers left in Londin, just leaving Queen, oligarchs and various foreign bennie sucker-uppers.

Why waste UK taxpayer cash on London? No fucking working Brits seem to live there anymore.

Get the migrants paying full whack for the public services they use. Fuckem.

I think the fall out from Crossrail, the costs being levied on the locals, is going to be hilarious.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

20 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55022162

Let's assume that Northern spending swings up and London swings down.

Per capita spend transport subs in Grt London is huge- few k. Where I am its about 2p.

Going by the posted piccies theres native fuckall workers left in Londin, just leaving Queen, oligarchs and various foreign bennie sucker-uppers.

Why waste UK taxpayer cash on London? No fucking working Brits seem to live there anymore.

Get the migrants paying full whack for the public services they use. Fuckem.

I think the fall out from Crossrail, the costs being levied on the locals, is going to be hilarious.

Timely article. No surprise.

TfL boss warns Crossrail faces mothballing without government bailout

Commissioner Andy Byford says project needs £80m of immediate support to avoid a ‘Doomsday scenario’

https://www.ft.com/content/a6e55ce1-b7e8-41d5-b4a8-4a2474120fdb
London’s £18bn Crossrail train line risks being “mothballed” without further financial support from the government, transport bosses have warned.

Andy Byford, the UK capital’s transport commissioner, has written to the Department for Transport warning that the project needs £80m of immediate support to avoid a “Doomsday scenario”, according to a letter first reported by Sky news. 

That's just  biccies for the diversity meeting.

The latest revision to Crossrail’s timetable and budget came in August, when the outgoing board said the project was likely to cost £18.7bn — £450m more than the previous estimate nine months earlier.

HSL aside, I doubt ukgov has spent 450m in transport outside of London. Ever.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

The appeal for crossrail was getting across from Paddington to the City, especially for those already spending hours to getting into  Paddington rather than another 40 minutes more on the existing  tube lines.  Looking at the chart of use it is worse than it first looks,  the professional / city commuter traffic has collapsed, that would be the money making bit for crossrail. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

HSL aside, I doubt ukgov has spent 450m in transport outside of London. Ever.

Nowhere near the cost of crossrail and hs2, and not rail, but on transport uk gov has/is spending 600million on M1 Milton Keynes Catthorpe, 900 (after cost over runs) million M4 Reading Heathrow, 1.5 billion A14 Cambridge Huntingdon

crossrail should be scrapped, as should hs2

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, onlyme said:

The appeal for crossrail was getting across from Paddington to the City, especially for those already spending hours to getting into  Paddington rather than another 40 minutes more on the existing  tube lines.  Looking at the chart of use it is worse than it first looks,  the professional / city commuter traffic has collapsed, that would be the money making bit for crossrail. 

When crossrail came out I thought - woohoo! I can get into London faster from reading.

However....

When I looked the time is the same. You just get to stay on same train and continue beyond Pton, into CoL.

Not to be sneezed at but not  huge, life changing thing.

And the costs, rightly are being loaded on the people who benefit - commuters n businesses.

The cost of travel might be so high that people will go - Fuvkit, I'll go after 9am and work from home.

Sure, its going to add capacity. But theres a lot of spare capacity niw, post covid.

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, arrow said:

Nowhere near the cost of crossrail and hs2, and not rail, but on transport uk gov has/is spending 600million on M1 Milton Keynes Catthorpe, 900 (after cost over runs) million M4 Reading Heathrow, 1.5 billion A14 Cambridge Huntingdon

crossrail should be scrapped, as should hs2

You cant scrap crossrail now. Its almost done. Hopefully.

There was a top tip in Viz comic, went something like this. Businessmen, instead of spending billions on a faster train line to Birmingham, simply leave 20 minutes earlier.

Many a true word spoken in jest. 

• Agree 5
  • Lol 2

1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

There was a top tip in Viz comic, went something like this. Businessmen, instead of spending billions on a faster train line to Birmingham, simply leave 20 minutes earlier.

Many a true word spoken in jest. 

UKs too short for HS trains.

You need large, urban areas a long way away to make it viable.

Closest you get is London-Edinbugh.

Even then, its pushing it, as it's too expensive for Min-Fri.

You can do KX to Yawk in just under 2h. Newcastle takes another 40min.

Theres the argument for extra capacity, which is valid. But the high speed but, tgats putting another 0 on the price, is not worth it.

Maybe before internet n covid. But not know.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

UKs too short for HS trains.

You need large, urban areas a long way away to make it viable.

Closest you get is London-Edinbugh.

Even then, its pushing it, as it's too expensive for Min-Fri.

You can do KX to Yawk in just under 2h. Newcastle takes another 40min.

Theres the argument for extra capacity, which is valid. But the high speed but, tgats putting another 0 on the price, is not worth it.

Maybe before internet n covid. But not know.

A while back I went to Widnes for an aunt's funeral. Coming back, it took longer to get from Euston to Ilford than it took to get from Widnes to Ilford. The bit between cities seems not too bad.

• Agree 1

MrLibertyRedux
1 hour ago, Rare Bear said:

A while back I went to Widnes for an aunt's funeral. Coming back, it took longer to get from Euston to Ilford than it took to get from Widnes to Ilford. The bit between cities seems not too bad.

It once took me longer to get from Sheffield to Crystal Palace than it did to get to Faro via EMA.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

It once took me longer to get from Sheffield to Crystal Palace than it did to get to Faro via EMA.

There is no sensible way, by train, to get from anywhere south of London to anywhere north of London.

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

There is no sensible way, by train, to get from anywhere south of London to anywhere north of London.

Thameslink? Brighton to Bedford. There's also train that goes from brighton to watford via Clapham junction, but it's not the fastest.

8 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Thameslink? Brighton to Bedford. There's also train that goes from brighton to watford via Clapham junction, but it's not the fastest.

Try finding a sensible way from Woking to Loughborough?

• Agree 1