• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

Care Home Numbers

So, the natural cynic in me is flashing on the care home numbers.

Are there any incentives for care homes to sign their dead off as Covids?

The potential for arse covering seems huge.

My cousin became a unofficial carer for a woman who recently died in a home and i know for a fact her death was not due to covid.

Without being ghoulish i am trying to find out from her whats going down on the certificate,

Sadly it doesnt suit our msm agenda to look in to this in any depth.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

My cousin became a unofficial carer for a woman who recently died in a home and i know for a fact her death was not due to covid.

Without being ghoulish i am trying to find out from her whats going down on the certificate,

i'm sure that Covid19 like 'dementia' is likely to be used as a convenient cover for deaths.

I'm pretty sure that the nusing home wanted rid of my Father. He was the Care Assistants' darling because unlike all the other residents he had his mental abilities and would do stuff to annoy the nurses - it was his entertainment.

The nursing home deliberatley IMO ignored repeated UTIs despite relative's appeals for treatment. This brought about a decline in health.

Despite still running his share portfolio, making suggestions to buy and sell, his death due to a UTI infection was put down by the NH's pet Dr as due to Dementia.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)

The nasty truth is that care homes are the biggest misnomer ever.

No-one cares about the residents except their family (if they’re lucky) and some of the care staff.

So sure, I wouldn’t be surprised if Covid19 was used to cover up all sorts. 

Oh look, they’re doing it in Belgium too.....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-belgium-highest-coronavirus-death-122200349.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly91ay55YWhvby5jb20vP2d1Y2NvdW50ZXI9MQ&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKJCOAUz84RGMly65JNrf5ZA0S_M0o6s746orp_QhtGpFCd1NzFuN06AbI5oELtKJ1JzPfFiPi28Qw4JAY-PAptzi4NoWncfAMY-0C6YlGCe--sm3bV5LR7TiWactKsXQwitGVGXHJICWi72cfjgG93HA-hKhkTKdisfzAUl4PgF

I reckon the best thing to do is to keep some digitalis in your garden and a strong dose of any anti-emetic drug in a drawer, and tell no one. When a care home is the only option, that’s a better one. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

17 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Didn't the Coronavirus Act 2020 basically indemnify Doctors from any Covid related errors?

17 hours ago, Hopeful said:

i'm sure that Covid19 like 'dementia' is likely to be used as a convenient cover for deaths.

I'm pretty sure that the nusing home wanted rid of my Father. He was the Care Assistants' darling because unlike all the other residents he had his mental abilities and would do stuff to annoy the nurses - it was his entertainment.

The nursing home deliberatley IMO ignored repeated UTIs despite relative's appeals for treatment. This brought about a decline in health.

Despite still running his share portfolio, making suggestions to buy and sell, his death due to a UTI infection was put down by the NH's pet Dr as due to Dementia.

UTI's often cause temporary mental confusion (did with my Granddad) So I imagine it would be easy for a Doctor to give cause of death as 'dementia' when in fact the supposed dementia symptoms were just a temporary result of the UTI. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Royston said:

Didn't the Coronavirus Act 2020 basically indemnify Doctors from any Covid related errors?

UTI's often cause temporary mental confusion (did with my Granddad) So I imagine it would be easy for a Doctor to give cause of death as 'dementia' when in fact the supposed dementia symptoms were just a temporary result of the UTI. 

Yes

I think there is a problem with 'Dementia' - It has become too prevalent, what I mean by that is that people ascribe demenia-like confusion in old people to dementia too readily, without thinking or other explanations.

My father had a clear progression to a UTI every time (he had a permament catheter) that would begin 5 days before the UTI manifested itself on a dipstick test - dipstick tests are very unreliable at the best of times.

1) He would think people were having meetings about him, Day -5

2) He would think medication and food was poisoned, Day -4/3

3) He would see water flowing acorss the floor Day -2

4) Spiders would be crawling all over the walls Day -1

5) Full blown UTI, delirium, antibiotics, bed for the next 4-5 days. Much weaker afterwards.

This was 100% indicative. He went through 5 events like this at the NH, which was widely touted as the best in the area :PissedOff:.

Each time I alerted the matron on Day -5.

Each time I was told it was just his dementia. What the fuck do the relatives know, eh?

Every time it turned out to be a UTI. The last time killed him.

1 month prior to his death, I had spoken to the NH Dr about Father's 'dementia' because the NH wanted a dementia test. The Dr had said there was no need as my Father had very little dementia.

It's frustrating because you feel you failed someone, but there was nothing you could do when met with a wall of ignorance.

Edited by Hopeful