• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Primary Schools To Reopen 1st June

Plus you just know they’ll have been the ones most visibly clapping the brave NHS who have managed to go to work on the front line without PPE everyday.

I reckon the gov will give them suitably short shrift..    but we’ll see..

Posted (edited)

Opening here next week. (May 11th).

On basically a half time basis, half the class in the morning, half in the afternoon to permit desks to be spread widely. No masks unless a kid starts displaying symptoms during the day in which case he/she will be given one until kids can pick them up. 

Some mothers are having kittens about it. 

It’s been interesting hearing the very different narrative about kids and coronavirus from the Swiss, French and British governments. They’re definitely not singing from the same hymn sheet. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Lol keep the schools closed furlough the teachers if they refuse due to no ppe. 

Home schools is the way forward no state in doctraination 

Fuck that, I get no help and it’s hard working from home and teaching a kid at the same time. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Fuck that, I get no help and it’s hard working from home and teaching a kid at the same time. 

I thought you were living with the cuntimentals these days (no offence :D)..  aren’t you in Switzerland?

Edit to add: missed your previous post..  not paying attention 9_9

Edited by Libspero

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

Can't you teach the kid to do your work?

:) Excellent plan, she might turn out to be better than me, she’s certainly more gifted with human languages. If I could decorate the stuff I do with pandas......

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I thought you were living with the cuntimentals these days (no offence :D)..  aren’t you in Switzerland?

Yeah. Missus works and is anyway, ahem, not gifted in maths, so all the school stuff falls on me.

16 minutes ago, Melchett said:

They can’t go back earlier as it will take time to wrap up all their moonlighting jobs and sneaky holidays.

They’ve been sent home on full pay..  the only work they’ll be doing is working out how to outsmart @One percent to get to the last of the precious gin and tonic supplies!

5 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They’ve been sent home on full pay..  the only work they’ll be doing is working out how to outsmart @One percent to get to the last of the precious gin and tonic supplies!

I would guess quite a lot are making good money doing 1:1 private tutoring online.

26 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Home schools is the way forward no state in doctraination

Many would disagree,  but for us it has been really beneficial for the kids..  I swear our eldest is leaping ahead compared to what she was learning at school..  she’s gone from being the lower reading class at school to reading books a year above her age group..  and she’s loving it o.O

That split will be the major issue.  Our school has barely spoken to parents because I think they know we’re all covering a lot with our kids at home.  On the other side of Warrington the schools are actually ringing parents/kids and reading books with them over video link (they’re terrified that the kids are doing the sum total of zero at home because parents are either too busy working or just don’t give a shit).   You’re going to end up with a split in every class in September,  those whose parents did/could compared o those whose parents didn’t couldn’t.

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I would guess quite a lot are making good money doing 1:1 private tutoring online.

Possibly..  I don’t know anyone personally who’s doing that,  but I guess it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening..  especially at A-level etc.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

Possibly..  I don’t know anyone personally who’s doing that,  but I guess it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening..  especially at A-level etc.

It is very common in the home counties. There are websites dedicated to pairing tutors and students. It is surprising how many of the local teachers were available after 4pm for tutoring at home.

3 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

It is very common in the home counties. There are websites dedicated to pairing tutors and students. It is surprising how many of the local teachers were available after 4pm for tutoring at home.

Thick people need extra tutoring.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Seven or so weeks of schooling and then it will be the school summer holidays!

School holidays ?

I wouldn't be surprised if schools stay open during the school holidays with just a short 'half-term'.

This will be sold as catching up for lost education

But it will designed to

1) alleviate pressure on familes that are social distancing due to lockdown, gets the children out of the house to let off a bit of steam.

2) stop adults going on holiday or social mixing when they would otherwise have taken children to communal places in the sunshine.

Edited by Hopeful

Suspect end of May has been the appointed date since early / mid march, to roll back return to normal dates would suggest having overdone the quarantine. I think the quarantine was a mixture of leaders not knowing / being told how to react to sars2 and political and economic expediency on behalf of the corporate and banking 'masters of the universe' who have been able to print some extra money and prepare to profit from the coming financial crash. Probably going to be never ending media / political panto over lockdown announcements whilst actual people go about getting back to normal. I walked over the M1 this morning and it was nearly all passenger cars and one or two hauliers suggesting people are now largely ignoring guidance.

Can’t see any reason why teachers are not on 80% pay 

Going forward one teacher could teach thousands of children on a big tv at the front of the class , just need a burly ex military type with a big stick to maintain order 

Benefits would be a much better education as only the top 5% of teachers would be needed and we could save shit loads of money 

Plus teachers have told us they could earn way more in the private sector , let’s set them free 😀

Looks they're still going for herd immunity to me - time for the next batch!  Infections will rocket.  Young kids with mostly young parents, so the number dead will be "acceptable" (the families affected might disagree).

popcorn.jpg.b2af0e99ca44b270296cabb633b1eb0a.jpg