• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
5min OCD speculator

WW III incoming?

Now that Covid19 has proved to be a dud, maybe it was just a 'warm up' to get all the plebs to stay indoors?

The Yankees seem to be upping their rhetoric with the Chicoms, who themselves are getting a bit worried

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-sentiment-ex/exclusive-internal-chinese-report-warns-beijing-faces-tiananmen-like-global-backlash-over-virus-idUSKBN22G19C

And I saw a report last week that some US warships are circling those islands in the South China Sea, yes I know they do that quite often :o

Anyway, might not be all bad, could be the end of US hegemony! Do the dosbods massive look forward to this? The end of US hegemony not the War itself! xD

Might be good for the eCONomy :P

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-07-28/Why-ending-U-S-dollar-hegemony-would-benefit-the-world-IGUyfAyFDq/index.html

I'm very skeptical about this. Basically China is one of the main factories of the world, and America, and others seem to outsource a lot there.

China may decide not to sell us stuff. Then we'll be buggered more than any warships can do.

Just now, MrPin said:

I'm very skeptical about this. Basically China is one of the main factories of the world, and America, and others seem to outsource a lot there.

China may decide not to sell us stuff. Then we'll be buggered more than any warships can do.

We'd only be a big buggered for a while. 

Where do we get our food from? Starving people will get angry quickly. Can we keep the internet going? That'll keep most people happy. 

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

yes maybe they'll wait until Trump has brought all the manufacturing back......MAGA :P

They could live without a lot of the tat but apparently all the drugs are now Made in China too, and that's a billion zillion $ business

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Where do we get our food from?

You finally get to use your Covid19 'stash'! xD

Just now, 5min OCD speculator said:

yes maybe they'll wait until Trump has brought all the manufacturing back......MAGA :P

They could live without a lot of the tat but apparently all the drugs are now Made in China too, and that's a billion zillion $ business

He won't, and the Pentagon are getting a bit pissed off with Mexico for not opening up business again, as they want parts, and that is another one of America's suppliers. And Trumpy wants to build a wall?

2 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

You finally get to use your Covid19 'stash'! xD

The drugs being made in China is an issue. Just don't get it. Or want drugs. 
Don't we have enough meth lab 'scientists' in the west to solve any drug problems though? 

Just now, sarahbell said:

Don't we have enough meth lab 'scientists' in the west to solve any drug problems though? 

American big pharma do not want cures. They want continuous consumption of expensive drugs for chronic conditions.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I don't want drugs either but the medics and the corporates have 'inflicted' statins and anti-depressants on the plebs cos it's a multi-billion $ business ;)

I believe most of these 'essentials' are now Made in China

Have you seen the number of 'addicts'? And it's completely legal :o

So maybe they'll hold the conflict off for a while til the stocks get built up xD 

Just now, 5min OCD speculator said:

I don't want drugs either but the medics and the corporates have 'inflicted' statins and anti-depressants on the plebs cos it's a multi-billion $ business ;)

I believe most of these 'essentials' are now Made in China

Have you seen the number of 'addicts'? And it's completely legal :o

So maybe they'll hold the conflict off for a while til the stocks get built up xD 

There's a very interesting documentary (on RT, so you judge yourself on that one), about very addictive drugs being prescribed, esp in USA, which are non essential, or at least should only be prescribed for a limited time.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I read that quite a lot of them are made in India now but I don’t have much knowledge of which is the bigger supplier at present. Can’t be hard to relocate supply chains for general meds given enough lead time?

Edited by Sugarlips

China would be silly to go into all out war with the rest of the world now..  even if they do have aspirations of gaining global power hegemony.

They'll start by "doing a Russia" on Taiwan.  Not just for historic reasons,  but all the advanced manufacturing resources (like TSMC).

Posted (edited)

Regime change 

China & Iran

Apparently the former King of Iran is becoming increasingly popular in Iran again even when he`s living  in exile in the US

China is seeing huge unemployment and food prices are rising ,if there`s ever a candidate for a major economy to go full on Zimbabwe it`s China after all they have an head start their currency is worthless outside of their own country before they even start, the chances of this happening i have not got a clue ,but all the ducks looks to be lining up 

Edited by Long time lurking

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

Can’t be hard to relocate supply chains for general meds given enough lead time?

Not as easy as you might think, building production facilities that will stand audit by FDA, MHRA etc is not cheap or quick to build, people who can properly operate the equipment are thin on the ground, and if you have to build from scratch it takes years - as a lot of UK sites have closed.

The place I used to work at is closing (hence redundancy) and production is generally moving east to India & China.

The people who know how to design, operate and maintain the plant are practically all leaving the industry.

It is possible, but slow and expensive to rebuild UK pharma manufacturing.

Posted (edited)

China GDP per capita $18,450

UK GDP per capita $42,385

Germany GDP per capita $46,334

US GDP per capita $65,112

The west simply needs to pull manufacturing out of China, seize Chinese owned assets and cancel all Chinese held debt and they would have nothing to fall back on. I suspect if they did this in a 'cold war' with the Chinese there would be outright rebellion in China. No need to start a hot war and the Chinese for all their sabre rattling  know this.

Edited by Mr Miyagi

China only has a lot of certain factories because they were shipped locked, stock and conveyor belt to China. The Chinese are not going to sit back and allow those factories be shipped out of China.

With drugs I am 100 percent sure that they are monitoring closely just how much is being sold overseas currently. They can turn the tap off any time they like.

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

China only has a lot of certain factories because they were shipped locked, stock and conveyor belt to China. The Chinese are not going to sit back and allow those factories be shipped out of China.

With drugs I am 100 percent sure that they are monitoring closely just how much is being sold overseas currently. They can turn the tap off any time they like.

In a way all of that is irrelevant as it would just underline why you definitely should not have China as a partner.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

They can turn the tap off any time they like.

They can, and they can't.

If a full blown trade-war starts and we stop buying their stuff, then almost immediately a very large number of people working in factories manufacturing for the west become unemployed.

I believe that in China there is no welfare state, so many people starve - quickly.

Under those circumstances  rioting is just around the corner, and that might well mean an end to the Chinese Communist Party with a revolution.

It has happened before.

For this reason I don't believe that the PRC is in any mood for a proper fight - for they might well lose to their own people and end up hanging from the lamp-posts.

The CCP has a longterm plan of China as the world power. They do not wish to go to war yet as they do not have the military might YET.

In 20 years it will be different.

They are using non military means at the moment - using money to buy influence across the world, including in the US and also here.

US intelligence say they have evidence the SARS Cov 2 virus came from a Chinese lab, which is to say not from a bowl of manky bat soup. 

Q 4045 (yes OK but stay with me) then goes further to say the intel agencies also have evidence that the virus was deliberately released from the lab, but publicly they are maintaining the fiction of "released by accident" to avoid the instant global demand for outright war with China which would result if the world knew the truth.

If the second sentence is true then that's the end for China. They can't and won't be allowed to get away with that one.

It's much simpler than that Mr @Funn3r. A lot or research is outsourced to China for cheapness, and because there's no money in it for big pharma. It's done with Western consent and money. Get out of that one with internet lies.

6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

then goes further to say the intel agencies also have evidence that the virus was deliberately released from the lab, but publicly they are maintaining the fiction of "released by accident" to avoid the instant global demand for outright war with China which would result if the world knew the truth.

If the second sentence is true then that's the end for China. They can't and won't be allowed to get away with that one.

Naa..   you wouldn't spread even a fairly pathetic bioweapon by first infecting your own population if you didn't already have a cure.

Everything from the China side smacks of pure incompetent..  from the accidental release from the lab,  through to local government response,  national government cover-up, international handling..  it's just been one giant cluster fluck for the Chinese.  Not Malice.

1 hour ago, Bornagain said:

big change needs big leadership

Trump is quite a 'chunky bloke'; the chinese guy is carrying a few pounds too

Could be a repeat of that 80s fight between Reagan and the Russian guy whose name everyone forgets xD

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

China is the worlds second  biggest food importer (obviously Bats are home produce) 

44 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

Western manufacturing has been going east for 20-30 years.

We no longer have the factories, the skilled people, the knowledge or the drive to start manufacturing again.

Our business, education and political systems are riddled with gender politics, political correctness and MBA management bullshit,  all this needs ripping up before we can even begin to restart manufacturing in a big way.

Working needs to be the only way for people to have a satisfactory standard of living, unfortunately, the taxation and welfare system in the UK means that work is increasingly something for the few rather than the many; I am concerned that the lock-down farce will make even more people recognise that working is not for them, and I imagine that when the redundancies come later in the year, many people will be secretly pleased and simply suckle on the teat of the state with absolutely no desire to get back into the rat-race.

Big change is required, and big change needs big leadership.

Oh dear.

This ties in with the reasoning expounded by @DurhamBorn in the Credit deflation thread. It is recognised by the financial sector but the political will to bring about change has been lacking. I don't properly comprehend the top level financial strategies and tactics employed by central banks but this interview with Kyle Bass explains some of the issues. Most of it goes over my head. I can understand some issues discussed in the first 15 minutes or so as .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPZPV5hCWk8

I think you're being too pessimistic about the ability of western economies to bring back manufacturing. Despite the widespread impression that we don't manufacture anything in the UK, there is still a sizeable sector in the UK. 

I think it all comes down to political will, we have the resources, especially the talent in individuals, to revive our economy. More importantly as it dawns on global industrialists that the capital tied up in in investments in China can never be repatriated then they may realise that they have been played.