• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Limited bread. No sliced white bread at all. The occasional freshly baked baguette seems ok.

Limited diary. No milk at all. Cheese is OK in moderation, and i have the occasional yoghurt.

No booze at all. Even a single can of lager and I’m sneezing at dawn the next day.

Pain in the arse diet restrictions but my hay fever has gone from quite debilitating even using the max dose of Piriton, to basically non-existent. No meds, no sneezing.

Also, according to my wife, my snoring is much less. Which is odd as I feel I am sleeping much deeper.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Limited bread. No sliced white bread at all. The occasional freshly baked baguette seems ok.

Limited diary. No milk at all. Cheese is OK in moderation, and i have the occasional yoghurt.

No booze at all. Even a single can of lager and I’m sneezing at dawn the next day.

Pain in the arse diet restrictions but my hay fever has gone from quite debilitating even using the max dose of Piriton, to basically non-existent. No meds, no sneezing.

Also, according to my wife, my snoring is much less. Which is odd as I feel I am sleeping much deeper.

Yeah gluten free is extra important at this time of year for me. I haven't identified all the dietary triggers though, because only fasting shuts the hayfever down completely.

One thing I have worked out is,  the more I am attracted to something, the more likely it is to be bad for me. And this applies to women and all sorts of other things as well as food. I don't like God's sense of humour. :PissedOff:

This is an absolute cunt time of year for me too.  Do any of you go beyond 10mg of anti-histamine a day?  I have a busy garden so opening the windows is hell, but so is a stuffy house.

On 10/05/2020 at 22:32, ElKapitan84 said:

This is an absolute cunt time of year for me too.  Do any of you go beyond 10mg of anti-histamine a day?  I have a busy garden so opening the windows is hell, but so is a stuffy house.

Try pollinosan hayfever tablets.

Or if you want the full monty, go carnivore. Haven’t had hayfever or asthma since I did. Three years now.

I get a touch of hayfever, annoying but not really bad enough to take anything. The pollen has been low for the last ten days or so but have still been sneezing and snotty , feels like hayfever but weather is wrong. Guess it's a cold of some sort.

I remember someone suggesting this to me on here last year and this year I've tried it. Have swigged a few ciders (which I think are grain free anyway?) but other than that very little white bread/dairy. Still too early to tell if I'll get hayfever as I don't tend to get it until June/July onwards. :CryBaby:

Posted (edited)

The only anti-histamine that works for me is Cetirizine, but even just taking half of one tablet leaves me feeling like I've had a bucketful of Mogadon for the next 3-4 days.

7 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

feels like hayfever but weather is wrong. Guess it's a cold of some sort.

I usually find my hay fever is much worse on cooler cloudy days, apparently the reason being on hot sunny days much of the pollen gets taken high into the atmosphere on the rising thermals, but on cool days when there's no thermal activity all the pollen stays down at ground level (well, nose level)

Edited by Royston

18 hours ago, This Time said:

I take quercetin and vitamin C for mine - does a good enough job without any obvious side effects.

Apart from lunacy.