• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Squat for sale

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That is a new one on me also!

I'm guessing it's going along the lines of....

Got Squatters, or tenants refuse to move out

Can't sell.  Can't rent.  Lost Job. No money for legal costs.  Can't wait 9 months.  

Have to sell.

Divorce, Death, Debt and squatters.

5 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'm guessing it's going along the lines of....

Got Squatters, or tenants refuse to move out

Can't sell.  Can't rent.  Lost Job. No money for legal costs.  Can't wait 9 months.  

Have to sell.

Divorce, Death, Debt and squatters.

Yes I'm sure you're right.

That's definitely one for a low ball offer followed by having a word with the guys at the local car wash.

I have seen similar at auction ,it even said do not approach property to view 

I was familiar with the area and knew people from it when i asked a mate who was local to the place about why this would be the case 

It was a probate problem the ,owner died leaving the property to a son ,but their other son was still living there when they passed away 

It sold for pennies,far less than the land alone was worth, i was gutted i didn`t go to the auction 

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes I'm sure you're right.

That's definitely one for a low ball offer followed by having a word with the guys at the local car wash.

No need for that if you have the time ,just watch the place once you know it`s empty break in and make it secure ,you then let them drag it through the courts ,,as the old saying goes ,possession is 9/10ths of the law 

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

No need for that if you have the time ,just watch the place once you know it`s empty break in and make it secure ,you then let them drag it through the courts ,,as the old saying goes ,possession is 9/10ths of the law 

Then offer ?

:Jumping:

7 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Agreed, I am sure there is always a way. Some easy money to be made. Not for its current price though. 

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Why wouldn't you go to the squatters and offer them 10k cash, in hand.  Most would surely bite your arm off?

Because nasty Albanians cost less? 

I've no idea really, have always found the idea of squatters strange - if you forcibly remove them and their stuff while preventing them from filming or messaging for witnesses, how can they prove you did so, it would be their word against yours that they left of their own free will, surely?

11 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I've no idea really, have always found the idea of witnesses to murder strange - if you forcibly remove them and the body while preventing them from filming or messaging for witnesses, how can they prove you did so, it would be their word against yours that they left of their own free will, surely?

FTFY?

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

haha was just thinking you could employ a few characters turn up with a couple of hundred pounds, weed, beer whatever and gently/ forcefully turn them out.

Think your suggestion is far superior.  Have a good plan in place about how to secure entrances etc, the right tools locks etc ready (maybe use a drone to recce fully first).  Then simply rent a van with or without tinted windows that has room and comfort enough in the back to wait it out.  Would need to be very careful initially in not drawing attention as I assume the squatters would not leave once spotted and they may be quite well versed in the various tricks to stay in place.

Ehh, youve all become slumlords.

Its rare to get squatters in resi property with a claim on it.

Squatters have always tended to abandoned resi or empty commercial property..

But that was in the old days.

The current squatters may be EEers of one sort or another.

Or it might be a legal tenant and the LL n Ea have got the details wrong.

Its very easy to get squatters out of a resi proprerty now. Just takes time n legal effort.

https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/housing/squatting-and-the-law.html

Squatting inside a residential building is illegal unless the squatter owns, rents or has lawful permission to occupy it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38824923

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I've no idea really, have always found the idea of squatters strange - if you forcibly remove them and their stuff while preventing them from filming or messaging for witnesses, how can they prove you did so, it would be their word against yours that they left of their own free will, surely?

Squatters tend to be young, strong and amoral and BTL landlords tend to be old and frail?

I don't think these two could exert much force if they didn't have hired labour to call upon.  Not that they should have to do so but the law is pretty rubbish in helping them to regain their own property.

House_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRbhc5V7kUtrB_UgV

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Squatters tend to be young, strong and amoral and BTL landlords tend to be old and frail?

I don't think these two could exert much force if they didn't have hired labour to call upon.  Not that they should have to do so but the law is pretty rubbish in helping them to regain their own property.

House_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRbhc5V7kUtrB_UgV

You really think Fungus and Mrs lucifer wouldnt be the exact types to trot off to their local Irish caravan site and recruit a few Paddys and Mickeys to 'encourage' any squatters to move along?

Couldn't the owner of the house just hire a few "nightclub doormen" types for a few hours to take out the trash. Then employ the services of a locksmith and then Bob's your uncle! B|