• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
maynardgravy

How Buffalo Can You Go?

https://news.sky.com/story/water-buffalo-attack-man-dies-and-two-people-badly-injured-in-wales-11983680

You can take the Water Buffalo out of India....

It's a huge animal with great big pointy horns. It's a bit like dog owners who say their dog 'won't bite'. Yes it will - it's a jaw on legs and a pack animal.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They are rather big.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have heard that all normal bulls will go mad at some point if they live long enough and you don't want to be there when they do.  Sounds like ditto for water buffalo.

Water buffalo are fucking big n pointy.

Not sure where iit falls in the normal dairy bull v beef bull.

Daity bulls are v dangerous as they are rarely kept long,  so aggression is not bred out of them.

Beef bulls less so, as the aggressive ones are put down early before they bred. Even then, they can just turn, being manageable one day, then wanting to kill everything, everywhere.

There is no reason for a hobby - or even a normal farmer to have a bull on the farm. Mental.  They are too dangerous. Just buy AII straws.

As water buffalo are not common,, Id guess some moron has kept a bull to breed from. £££££££ = RIP

The FB page has them putting fucking hats on the buffalo..

https://www.facebook.com/bufalinasoapco

Apparently you just need to lie down in front of cows (And bulls).  Don't run.  Though I suspect instinct would take over - not sure I'd have the mind-set to think 'actually, if I just lie down here I'll be OK'

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Apparently you just need to lie down in front of cows (And bulls).  Don't run.  Though I suspect instinct would take over - not sure I'd have the mind-set to think 'actually, if I just lie down here I'll be OK'

Definitely not.

Came face-to-face with an escaped one on a trail in south Notts once.

Up there with top sphincter tightening moments.

Edited by MrLibertyRedux

35 minutes ago, NewryH said:

You first. A bull stamps as soon as its got someone on the ground, gorges..

One, you need cover to step behind.

Failing that step sideways, it tends to confuse them.

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Used to work on a farm..

Im a master of all.

As a "bull wanker"? It is a real job, BTW.o.O

I've had a variety of jobs too, but not that one.

Just now, spygirl said:

Dont mix your AIs

I have an amusing story about a drunk mis-understanding, between an IT mate of mine and a farming student, but I won't tell it, as it's pretty obvious.xD

I saw a lot of these buffalo in INDIA, just for @The XYY Man. They used to go out in the morning, to, er wallow, and eat or whatever they do. In the evening the whole herd would be going back home for the night, right in the middle of the road, with mopeds and trucks passing both sides. I should have got a picture, but I didn't.O.o