DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wankers who will refuse to go back work

We all know some or indeed thousands of people will refuse to go back to work for months or until a vaccine has been invented .do you think the drop in furlow money being muted is a nod at this or they have realised the cost .im

expecting thousands in the public sector to come up with some bollarx to have months off 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a chef in a hotel. Which remains open, although guest numbers must be comically dire. Basically until some semblance of normal demand is restored then I'm not required. Fortunately I'm not starvin

I seem to be the only person in Swansea concerned by the lockdown, the dangers to mental health, to freedoms and to the economy. Everyone else seems to be taking it as one giant holiday. I have t

My job as a buyer is currently redundant as we can't really sell anything at the moment. I have been put on redundancy consultation, along with all my colleagues in the business.  Speaking to the

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I seem to be the only person in Swansea concerned by the lockdown, the dangers to mental health, to freedoms and to the economy. Everyone else seems to be taking it as one giant holiday.

I have thus concluded that I am the only person not employed by the public sector locally or making money from the public sector.

You might be in a very lucky area I’m expecting unemployment to surge past 3 million maybe 4 mill by September 

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I seem to be the only person in Swansea concerned by the lockdown, the dangers to mental health, to freedoms and to the economy. Everyone else seems to be taking it as one giant holiday.

I have thus concluded that I am the only person not employed by the public sector locally or making money from the public sector.

Swansea?  Sounds about right.

Just now, SillyBilly said:

Anyone trying to game the system now is playing high stakes poker. Plenty are and will be. Cards will be marked and they'll be out the door at the first opportunity. And try finding another job in the economy we're headed into...

Ofc unions and a minority of "difficult for difficult's sake" employees will put every single barrier in the way of allowing the company they work for to earn any money... and they will be the first to be "enraged" when said company starts cutting jobs as they can't make a profit.

Script is written, only waiting for it to be acted out.

But the public sector makes no money they don’t care 

I am relying on Gods little helper at the moment.

No. Thats wrong. I have faith I have Gods Little Helper.

Mind he mind turn out to be a twat if that Antibody Deoendent Enhancement thingy turns out to be true. Shit. That helper might kill me. All a hoax any way isnt it. Dave Ike says so. Didnt some one say its mutated..

Gods Helper...IG G.

Nah.get the pubs open.

Fuck all that PPE.

No one knows anyone with the virus anyway. I need more doses of the five o clock big brother hour.

Whats the issue with going over the trenches?

5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

But the public sector makes no money they don’t care 

They will care when 20% of retail shops don't reopen (according to chair of British Independent Retailers Association) and their precious business rate racket stops provisioning their pension money.

And that is just retail. I think a lot of businesses will be reviewing their floor space requirement post-lockdown and that spells bad news for local authorities and commercial landlords. They've shown their meal ticket there is another way.

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

They will care when 20% of retail shops don't reopen (according to chair of British Independent Retailers Association) and their precious business rate racket stops provisioning their pension money.

And that is just retail. I think a lot of businesses will be reviewing their floor space requirement post-lockdown and that spells bad news for local authorities and commercial landlords. They've shown their meal ticket there is another way.

Totaly agree but how many of them

think that far ahead they are in effect adults that think the tax payer or goverment is a magic money tree.they are spoil to fuck in the main .

10 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I think those currently furloughed and enjoying the lock down and clamering for more are in for a shock. 

I’ve carried on working and my place has been clever and recruited at the start of the pandemic not sure what will happen .all the overtime has gone so I’m going to be 600 every 4 weeks worse off on the bright side I’m guessing that’s a couple of hundred quid less in tax to the goverment .the other downside is we have to be a bit better behaved with managment ffs 

44 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

We all know some or indeed thousands of people will refuse to go back to work for months or until a vaccine has been invented .do you think the drop in furlow money being muted is a nod at this or they have realised the cost .im

expecting thousands in the public sector to come up with some bollarx to have months off 

Fuck no. I think my employer might be a bit miffed if i crack open the gin for lunch at my desk. o.O

Unfortunately there are people like me will have no job to go back to(if my employer hasn't went tits up) until weddings, corporate events and gigs start up again,which will be months away,if not longer. Keeping my eye on other jobs, and all there is is minimum wage carer jobs. (Which if i really had to,I'd do)!

I've been lucky enough to have been employed since 17, 30 years ago,in several different jobs,and believe me,I'm busting to go back to work.

Pisses me off that somehow I'm a skiving twat coz I'm on furlough, and I may need some sort of payments til the hospitality sector is up and running again,along with 1000s of others that literally can't work til all these bans are lifted.

12 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Agreed. Most people that are actually needed either didn't stop working or have gone back by now.

Apart from the services sector, the business world seems to have functioned perfectly well over the lockdown.

Those that haven't been needed over the past few weeks need to ask themselves why not? My guess is they assume the whole world shut down, but they might have a bit of a shock when they finally leave their houses and find out that in truth it was carrying on quite happily without them.

Difficult one. I'm not required unless and until my employer returns to a certain level of activity, but at that point it will become impossible for them to function without the commensurate number of staff.

It's all a bit mystic meg for the time being.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

Unfortunately there are people like me will have no job to go back to(if my employer hasn't went tits up) until weddings, corporate events and gigs start up again,which will be months away,if not longer. Keeping my eye on other jobs, and all there is is minimum wage carer jobs. (Which if i really had to,I'd do)!

I've been lucky enough to have been employed since 17, 30 years ago,in several different jobs,and believe me,I'm busting to go back to work.

Pisses me off that somehow I'm a skiving twat coz I'm on furlough, and I may need some sort of payments til the hospitality sector is up and running again,along with 1000s of others that literally can't work til all these bans are lifted.

My jibe is aimed at the public sector in the main who can go off for months and it’s aimed at those that will find an excuse to not go back 

Edited by stokiescum
8 minutes ago, eight said:

Difficult one. I'm not required unless and until my employer returns to a certain level of activity, but at that point it will become impossible for them to function without the commensurate number of staff.

It's all a bit mystic meg for the time being.

I thought you were in the service sector?

28 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

They won’t. The private sector schmucks will just be made to pay more in income tax. 

Just now, eight said:

I'm a chef in a hotel. Which remains open, although guest numbers must be comically dire. Basically until some semblance of normal demand is restored then I'm not required. Fortunately I'm not starving to death nor had I taken on any onerous financial commitments recently. Like the other poster was saying, it's hard to see what folks working in this industry have done "wrong" - we're talking about an unprecedented situation with no real opportunity for personal mitigation. I doubt anybody thought I was a scrounger when I was putting in sixty hour weeks so that they could enjoy their Christmas party.

Which is why I excused the service sector. You are only currently not useful because the government has said you can't be.