• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

AZN price to the Moon

Posted (edited)

Now our biggest Market cap, it has risen 50% whilst RDSB has halved. If share price comparisons have gone out of kilter by a factor of 3:1 surely that's worth worrying about?

Fwiw as I buy back I am staying clear of Pharmas  ( expensive) and Service Sector ( buggered).

Probably should be buying back to track the index. Instead I have been buying the  stock that's got slaughtered...Glencore, RDSB, Aviva, HSBC with Diageo and Unilever as defensive balance. Any thoughts on the Pharma bubble?

Edited by crashmonitor

I don't wish to call the top of the pharma bubble, and I think we are more at the beginning rather than the end. The sector hasn't even doubled over the last 5 years.

I am not sure how AZN will monetise COVID-19 - has it got a vaccine or treatment in the pipeline? Or will it just benefit from the rising tide as it comes, as more people think such a Pandemic must never happen again, so here's a blank cheque to all the big pharma companies.

AZN does look strong here above $50 (£80 on the London exchange).

This is from the ADVFN thread

Two brokers have issued notes this morning as below;

JP Morgan Cazenove 01/05 Overweight raised PT to 9,500.00p
Barclays Capital 01/05 Overweight raised PT to 9,200.00p

This is a look at NMX4570 

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/indices/constituents-indices.html?index=NMX&industrySector=201030&page=1

Untitled.thumb.gif.f702ad0d30ef92889159fdecda3e29b1.gif

Source: http://www.livecharts.co.uk/share_prices/NMX4570-stock-chart-technical-analysis

Do your own research of course everyone.

I've wanted to add some AZN for a while, but looks too expensive at these prices. Great if you've been holding for a year or more.

Only question is, will they come up with a COVID-19 medicine, or at least continue to benefit from this crisis, potentially pushing them even higher?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-14/astra-to-test-cancer-medicine-for-lethal-covid-19-reaction

Massive part of AZN is virus’s and cancer treatment. 

Pascal Soriot has been instrumental In the fortunes of this company. A pure scientist. Intelligent and knows what the drug industry is about. 

He new exactly which ‘basket to put all their eggs in’. 

They are reaping the benefits now. 

Check out the drug products that are generating most income. More in the pipeline. I would not bet against £100 per share by end of year. Long way to go on this one.

Compare AZN to Glaxo and their useless CEO Emma Walmsley - a marketing manager. Knows her make-up and cosmetics and that’s about it. Need someone in to turn  GSK around. 

C8E1B66A-CA02-4D99-92C5-296FB78924EF.jpeg

A2EC9EB8-42E3-41AD-9B4F-3132EF94C386.jpeg

I sold my GSK shares when i left 20 years ago,dont think they have ever been higher since.Most pharma companies now exist to pay massive salaries,shareholders are well down the pecking order.GSK was a far superior company to Zeneca back in the day,but have had garbage managers for 25 years now.They used to have scientists in charge,but went for accountants and sales people like Walmsley.She is there simply to virtue signal because she has been a disaster.

Its good to see Zeneca doing so well though,spun off from ICI back in the day.

13 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I sold my GSK shares when i left 20 years ago,dont think they have ever been higher since.Most pharma companies now exist to pay massive salaries,shareholders are well down the pecking order.GSK was a far superior company to Zeneca back in the day,but have had garbage managers for 25 years now.They used to have scientists in charge,but went for accountants and sales people like Walmsley.She is there simply to virtue signal because she has been a disaster.

Its good to see Zeneca doing so well though,spun off from ICI back in the day.

Totally agree DB. 

GSK has stayed flat for 20 years. 

Walmsley is a virtue signalling disaster. 

Sign in to follow this