• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

The push to ban credit card payments for premium strobing?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Is this for live stuff...?

Porns all over the place on the net...free.

It has to be targetting this live stuff I guess?

Just saying..whos checking.the IDs of the performers.

 

having worked on the edges of some of the credit card stuff in the past, the hassle factor in dealing with stuff that gets people writing to MPs and senators is the key driver, not some big political push.  Basically, some shouty people write to the MP and complain about barclaycard accepting transactions from bigcocks.com  The MP meets the chief exec at the opera, and the message is given something must be done.  etc etc.

plus, as you say, i would guess that most porn use on the net is free nowadays.  i am not sure what this will stop apart from female earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why now? 

Its legal stuff..its legal stuff...method of payment..so what.

Moany Mary White House types.

Enough free for me

If safe guards in place to stop under age then fine.

Not keen on the slow creep of personal privacy erosion under some scare tactic . Much like the CV apps..not to take off topic.

Amazed how much sordidness took place prior to the digital revoloution. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

having worked on the edges of some of the credit card stuff in the past, the hassle factor in dealing with stuff that gets people writing to MPs and senators is the key driver, not some big political push.  Basically, some shouty people write to the MP and complain about barclaycard accepting transactions from bigcocks.com  The MP meets the chief exec at the opera, and the message is given something must be done.  etc etc.

plus, as you say, i would guess that most porn use on the net is free nowadays.  i am not sure what this will stop apart from female earnings.

How would the studios make any money on a completely "free" platform?  Dildo placement adverts?  KY Jelly lubathon?  How would the likes of Chaturbate survive?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

How would the studios make any money on a completely "free" platform?  Dildo placement adverts?  KY Jelly lubathon?  How would the likes of Chaturbate survive?  

Ah, they'll be fine - they'd rub along somehow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The article I read suggested the usual US Christian funless mentalists were behind it.  
 

Porn hub already released a statement saying the allegations are b*****ks and deliberately misleading.

 

These do gooders should be sued in a class action suit by the performers whose incomes they are trying to destroy. 9_9

Edited by Libspero
Splleing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snaga said:

Porn made the internet, perhsps porn will be what makes bitcoin go mainstream?

A mate reckoned the demand for it not only accelerated the development of the internet, especially high speed connections for which people were prepared to pay big sums in the early days, and before that satellite TV, high quality colour printing, film and photography.

I saw a programme that was pushing a similar line and it was very convincing.  The first porn film for example was out within a couple of years of the first film ever shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A mate reckoned the demand for it not only accelerated the development of the internet, especially high speed connections for which people were prepared to pay big sums in the early days, and before that satellite TV, high quality colour printing, film and photography.

I saw a programme that was pushing a similar line and it was very convincing.  The first porn film for example was out within a couple of years of the first film ever shown.

Yup.  XYY's wig was in it, on his grandmothers bits as a merkin.  It's been handed down from northerner to northerner until the present day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just the beginning isn't it really though, without payments these sites would have no income and would be forced to close, large numbers of "performers" would then be unemployed, a drain on the system. I would rather see these young brainless women showing their tits online, than stomping around the office acting like they run the place because they're secretly shagging the manager, and lets face it, that's what happens if they get a "proper" job, they still have to use sex to get ahead.

In truth the sites would go back to inserting dodgy advertising, which would result in people having their bank accounts "hacked", and all that good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is enough porn on the internet to wank oneself for eternity without seeing the same tits 'n fanny twice.

What exactly is behind the paywall? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

What exactly is behind the paywall? 

I did the Pronhub free lockdown trial.

Got bored of it before the subscription ran out.  It’s the same as the free stuff,  just higher definition and less choice.

But it’s the principle..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wherebee said:

having worked on the edges of some of the credit card stuff in the past, the hassle factor in dealing with stuff that gets people writing to MPs and senators is the key driver, not some big political push.  Basically, some shouty people write to the MP and complain about barclaycard accepting transactions from bigcocks.com  The MP meets the chief exec at the opera, and the message is given something must be done.  etc etc.

plus, as you say, i would guess that most porn use on the net is free nowadays.  i am not sure what this will stop apart from female earnings.

 

58 minutes ago, Snark said:

It's just the beginning isn't it really though, without payments these sites would have no income and would be forced to close, large numbers of "performers" would then be unemployed, a drain on the system. I would rather see these young brainless women showing their tits online, than stomping around the office acting like they run the place because they're secretly shagging the manager, and lets face it, that's what happens if they get a "proper" job, they still have to use sex to get ahead.

In truth the sites would go back to inserting dodgy advertising, which would result in people having their bank accounts "hacked", and all that good stuff.

They'd just use some token/voucher intermediary site so they didn't take payments direct.  In fact while I was researching the effects of quasars on the pixelisation ratio of the Hubble telescope I stumbled upon something that would suggest the cam sessions already do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

A mate reckoned the demand for it not only accelerated the development of the internet, especially high speed connections for which people were prepared to pay big sums in the early days, and before that satellite TV, high quality colour printing, film and photography.

I saw a programme that was pushing a similar line and it was very convincing.  The first porn film for example was out within a couple of years of the first film ever shown.

And it was a driveing force in the Betamax vs vhs war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I did the Pronhub free lockdown trial.

Got bored of it before the subscription ran out.  It’s the same as the free stuff,  just higher definition and less choice.

But it’s the principle..  

That's superb -- many thanks for taking the effort to research this for us and return with your findings.  I hope it wasn't too onerous a task...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgul said:

That's superb -- many thanks for taking the effort to research this for us and return with your findings.  I hope it wasn't too onerous a task...

Our libspero isn't afraid to grab hard work with both hands and get straight down to the job with vigor and aplomb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Is this for live stuff...?

Porns all over the place on the net...free.

It has to be targetting this live stuff I guess?

Just saying..whos checking.the IDs of the performers.

According to wikipedia, the lawyers for the accused when the CPS adds a load of bullshit bogus charges in order to demonise someone in the public eye...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, snaga said:

Porn made the internet, perhsps porn will be what makes bitcoin go mainstream?

Agreed it’s this stuff that will hasten the demise of Fiat, I imagine it’s the under 30’s that would be blowing their wad on this in the main and they’d be the ones most open to crypto workarounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Agreed it’s this stuff that will hasten the demise of Fiat, I imagine it’s the under 30’s that would be blowing their wad on this in the main and they’d be the ones most open to crypto workarounds

This can't have helped the push for a cashless society:

"Thousands of Virgin Money customers have credit cards SUSPENDED during lockdown... despite many never missing a payment"

https://mol.im/a/8293423

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.