• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Which of these are you most worried about?

I am most worried about catching covid... (max 3)  

130 members have voted

1. 1. I am MOST worried about catching covid from... (max 3)

• A petrol pump
    • The gym
    • Carrier bags
    • Deliveries
    • At the supermarket
    • Fast food
    • Public transport
    • Flights / overseas travel
    • Parties / socials
    • Handling cash
    • Post / papers
    • Inconsiderate cyclists
    • Foreign tourists / visitors
    • Other
    • I am not worried at all!

Not particularly worried but most worried about catching it at work since that's the only place I've been going to for the last few months. I must be the most unkey key worker in the whole country so it will definitely be worth it if I catch the plague and die.

When the pools open.

I used to swim every morning of the week with the odd Sunday morning off if I was away or had a particularly late Saturday night. I have a slight spinal problem and it helps me stop having issues.

I've really noticed it since stopping, and have actually lost weight, even though I have been on the booze nearly every day. I'm losing muscle mass. Can't do any other excercises without putting load on it and having more problems.

Want to get back to it soonest, but will be very wary of doing so when they reopen.

47 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Not particularly worried but most worried about catching it at work since that's the only place I've been going to for the last few months. I must be the most unkey key worker in the whole country so it will definitely be worth it if I catch the plague and die.

thankyou for your unkey service

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

https://www.timpson.co.uk/keys-lockers/key-shop.html

Many Key workers are not permitted to work under the lockdown.

The only reason I'm worried about catching it is that I might pass it on to my parents if I were asymptomatic. For myself, I don't really care.

I know four people who have had it, as shown by testing. The two younger ones (early 60s) had, on the one hand, 'flu-like symptoms for two weeks; and on the other, no serious symptoms at all (he was tested when he went into hospital for a broken leg, as he is in a high-risk group).

The two older people have fared less well. The 81 year old caught it in hospital, and has been pretty ill for several weeks, but no pneumonia or serious complications. She should be going home soon. The other, 79, was put on a ventilator, and now has multiple organ damage (including brain damage), but is, after a couple of weeks where the consultant had written her off, now expected to survive. I don't want to think it, but I can't help wondering if some parts of that are iatrogenic.

That's not a risk I want to inadvertently expose my parents to. I don't have a car, so public transport was my vote.

My biggest concern would be from customers especially as some are immunocompromised. I have to touch them and work as closely as some health professionals. 

Apart from that I’m also not worried that much for myself. I’d be worried about giving it to someone.

When I initially found out about the virus on this forum in January I was concerned and have read widely about it. Links on here and posts on here as usual are most helpful.

Now I’m currently not concerned at all about the virus killing masses of healthy people. I do however feel sorry for those with illnesses and elderly folk who would take precautions against flu by having a vaccine.....unfortunately there isn’t one for the new virus so understandably it’s a concern for such folk. I’m sorry for families who lose loved ones but it happens every day in life.

My fear is the coming massive economic damage and social damage plus nhs ignoring most other illness/tests/monitoring due to the lockdown. In my opinion that will be much much worse.

9 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I'm due a smear test. 
Well slightly overdue now. 
However I think my biggest risk is the supermarket. Where if I kill someone for being in the pasta aisle for half an hour I might get arrested and that'll expose me to massive risk.

Hopefully the doc will change gloves between patients, and wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

Hopefully the doc will change gloves between patients, and wear a mask.

Lol. I don't think our gp is doing ... Erm face to face appointments.. 

How they managing waiting room though? 

Posted (edited)

Petrol pumps man!

That is like the bubonic plague right there. 

Ran my 2nd full tank down simce lockdown started (key worker worked since day 1) 

Had to refill on wed morning, walked the length of the pumps and every single glove dispenser was empty, some had been ripped off the wall.

Went into my work bag and pulled a work glove out & used that. 

Im telling ya man, petrol pump handles are up there with snogging a prozzie during lockdown. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

I have voted for the 3 items I consider the most likely to transmit but I cannot say I am worried. No more worried than I am when I wash my hands after going to the toilet. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, spunko said:

I started this thread in honour of someone I know who has been busy bleaching their carrier bags from Tesco, but still buys prepacked sandwiches. On Monday morning they're rushing off to the garden centre when it re-opens too.

Some people...

I'll admit here that I've been wiping down every item we get in a delivery or from the shops. I've been more and more slapdash as this bullshit has gone on. 

Was on a couple of buses today, a couple of other buses and a couple of taxis is all the public transport I've used in the last few months. I reckon that and my supermarket wanderings have been where I'm most exposed. 

I do think it's overblown bollocks and have done for some time, but it doesn't take much time to rub a wet wipe doused in meths over food. If it feels ridiculous though, it probably is, not gonna be doing it much longer and nobody else in the house will bother. 

Oh yeah- I went for public transport, foreign places, and foreign cunts. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
That last bit

16 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Oh yeah- I went for public transport, foreign places, and foreign cunts. 

I feel safer now. We don’t have public transport, this foreign place has only got 2 active cases nationwide and had no deaths. On the final point, I have been inside countless numbers of those, but don’t seem to have caught anything yet, apart from that awkward time in Bangkok in the late ‘90’s, but if cleared in under a week.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Petrol pumps man!

That is like the bubonic plague right there. 

Ran my 2nd full tank down simce lockdown started (key worker worked since day 1) 

Had to refill on wed morning, walked the length of the pumps and every single glove dispenser was empty, some had been ripped off the wall.

Went into my work bag and pulled a work glove out & used that. 

Im telling ya man, petrol pump handles are up there with snogging a prozzie during lockdown. 

Another great reason I love my electric car, it may have actually saved my life during this time - fancy that.

edit* In the list would have had NPD neighbours who shout abuse at you when grandchildren stop to say hello (from the safety of the garden garden), but still have their cleaner come round every week and for the last fortnight have had a gang of builders carrying out work on their house because the rules only apply to others - ffs. 

Edited by Mihnjeeta

Cyclists and joggers.

I went for a cycle to the shops last night along the sea-front. It was full of cyclists aged from teens to early 30's. Many seemed to think it was a hoot to get as close as possible to older people. You could see lots of them deliberately doing it.

As I neared home I engaged a 20-something Spanish couple in conversation about their skateboards. They seemed to take this as an invite to keep moving closer to me. Some people don't get personal space even at the best of times.

They were nice enough and the guy showed me some of his skateboard moves. But they invaded my personal space. So I killed them. Hit them over their heads repeatedly with a tin of chicken soup. Buried their bodies in an old allotment. Some of this story may not be true.