• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Why has everyone turned on Boris?

Posted (edited)

As some on here know, I'm not a Boris fan. But can someone explain why suddenly people are so bothered about open borders? Most of these vocal sorts didn't have an issue when 350k of them were pouring through our borders and inbreeding every year.  Now suddenly a handful of planes landing in a few weeks is a big deal. 

I don't understand it at all. What have I missed? Is it the threat of free money coming to a possible end? Even at places like Mail Online all the comments are heavily critical. 

I've not been following it too closely so maybe I'm missing something. Can someone explain?

Edited by spunko

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

As some on here know, I'm not a Boris fan. But can someone explain why suddenly people are so bothered about open borders? Most of these vocal sorts didn't have an issue when 350k of them were pouring through our borders and inbreeding every year.  Now suddenly a handful of planes landing in a few weeks is a big deal. 

I don't understand it at all. What have I missed? Is it the threat of free money coming to a possible end? Even at places like Mail Online all the comments are heavily critical. 

I've not been following it too closely so maybe I'm missing something. Can someone explain?

Most people who read Daily Mail just spout the editorial line - too stupid to think for themselves I assume - and that's been heavily pro-EU and anti-Boris since the editor's job when to a remainer. Maybe it's just taken a bit of time for the brain washing to kick in?

9 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Most people who read Daily Mail just spout the editorial line - too stupid to think for themselves I assume - and that's been heavily pro-EU and anti-Boris since the editor's job when to a remainer. Maybe it's just taken a bit of time for the brain washing to kick in?

Oh yes, I forgot it was a Sunday when it becomes the Daily Remain. That may have a lot to do with it.

Just now, honkydonkey said:

Daily Mail comments are and have always been anti migration, anti eu, anti open borders. I don't know why you think anythings changed there.,

Screenshot_2020-05-10 Boris Johnson forced to defend dropping 'stay at home' lockdown slogan.png

10 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

That rag has always been a crock of shit but they’ve totally surpassed themselves throughout this crisis. 

1 minute ago, Battenberg said:

That rag has always been a crock of shit but they’ve totally surpassed themselves throughout this crisis. 

I think the whole of the MSM have.

But then I though that with the referedum and decided that the legacy media were a dying entity, but I was wrong.

34 minutes ago, spunko said:

I dunno it's weird isn't it? They have re-opened garden centres what more do people want? Just because we wrecked the economy to limit deaths to 20,000 but have overshot it by more than 50% and are still counting. We only have the highest death toll in Europe it's not like it's the highest in the world. If they had remembered there's a lot of vulnerable old folk in old folk's care homes it might have helped a bit.

Posted (edited)

Because he's a patronising twat who thinks if he talks in slogans it'll be ok and he won't actually have to do anything.

He was elected as the brave New leader who would stand up to political correctness, then shat himself and closed down the whole country at the first sign of trouble, but hasn't even done a good job of that 

Edited by AlfredTheLittle
Typo

1 minute ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Because he's a patronising twat who thinks if he talks in slogans it'll be ok and he won't actually have to do anything.

He was elected as the brave New leader who would stand up to political correctness, then shat himself and closed down the whole country at the first sign of trouble, but hasn't even done a good job of that 

Perhaps that's it. Those who fell for the guff at the election are realising they've voted in a globalist shill. If you already knew that then there's little to be disappointed about. 

I actually think he's still surprisingly popular. I haven't been following it closely, but I believe polls give him very high approval ratings - probably wrongly, in my view, but it's still early days and it's possible he may come good -  he's still probably better than the alternative

6 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

it's possible he may come good -  he's still probably better than the alternative

That's what I think. What a baptism of fire into the job. He was wanted to be the Brexit hero, instead he got this shit show. He is probably the least worst.

8 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

I actually think he's still surprisingly popular. I haven't been following it closely, but I believe polls give him very high approval ratings - probably wrongly, in my view, but it's still early days and it's possible he may come good -  he's still probably better than the alternative

I think a lot of people, me included, realize we need him if we’re going to get out of the EU at the end of this year so will give him the benefit of the doubt until then. 

9 minutes ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

Well he's easily the best prime minister we've had for decades. Last one that might have been better was Major.

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

I think a lot of people, me included, realize we need him if we’re going to get out of the EU at the end of this year so will give him the benefit of the doubt until then. 

If Keir replaces him, what then for the country? 150% of tax take spent on NHS? 1m+ net yearly immigration?

1 hour ago, spunko said:

But can someone explain why suddenly people are so bothered about open borders? 

Opportunity.The only way way affect the political stance seems to be to b for the public to very overtly hold their feet to the fire, otherwise the public will be ignored. Many have been silenced on all sorts of platforms for going against open borders, however once the dam is broken there is safety in numbers, the virus  broke the dam.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Surely, it's because these people are shit scared of Covid19

Suddenly, immigrants could have a direct impact on THEM, they could infect them

previously, they felt immune from risk

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Welsh mob want to shoot him, saying he's blown apart a four nation approach. Wales still in lockdown for 3 weeks and they think people will try travel over the border for exercise.

It was a bit stupid not to make it clear that it's only in England. Italian regional approach would have been better.