• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Grey Man

Stuck in and time for streaming site rationalisation

Wife went for the Disney Channel promos recently. Son chirped in reminders of what Disney covers.

I will often watch a movie before bed. My preference dosent often fit with others...horror..but they have all cleared off.

We have Amazon...good back catalog...takes me ages to guess or find what I want.

We also have Netflix...very samey..and I rarely want to watch series.....some stuff on netflix excepted. Documentaries. Others do.

So I ventured if we gain Disney....we lose one. Not sure whos leading loser yet. Never done sky or BT as dont watch any sport. Not missing much. Theres only so much time in the day to watch stuff. 

Amazon has a better library. for movies. I know there are torrent sites. Personally busy with other stuff and just want to watch at the end of the day..

I would give the heave ho to Amazon. Not paying for three.  Twos been fine for ages. Which two..to deceide.

Depends what you want.

I reckon Amazon and Netflix are both pretty rubbish for films (unless you are happy to pay extra for the premium films within Amazon..  and even most of those look pretty crap).

If you want films,  NowTV is the best I’ve used (though not recently).

Netflix is best for kids (and that’s the only reason we - and probably most people - have it).  So for young kids it’s all cartoons,  and for older kids it’s all the trashy American drama series.

Since they all have fairly straight forward cancellation policies I would simply rotate them.  So get Disney and cancel everything else.  Then when you’re bored of Disney cancel it and try NowTV,  then cancel that and see if there’s anything new on Netflix (there won’t be xD)..  etc..

Posted (edited)

Yep. The kids is a big issue..I mean the deceider!

I wouldnt have any. My likes I can find reasonably easy via a net search ...more so this last 6 months on net trawl.

Amazon just isnt getting used as much.

Will check Now TV.

Amazon is for the ofski I think.

Edited by The Grey Man
Missing info

14 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

Yep. The kids is a big issue..I mean the deceider!

I wouldnt have any. My likes I can find reasonably easy via a net search ...more so this last 6 months on net trawl.

Amazon just isnt getting used as much.

Will check Now TV.

Amazon is for the ofski I think.

Get your Now TV vouchers from CDKeys...Much cheaper than most places I've seen them...

https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/nowtv

55 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Get your Now TV vouchers from CDKeys...Much cheaper than most places I've seen them...

https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/nowtv

Apparently they are even cheaper on Amazon (somewhat ironically), can usually get the movie and entertainment passes for 2.99 a month each from third party sellers. You have to pay an extra 3 quid a month if you want 1080p.

I think Prime is quite reasonable if you also order stuff from Amazon on occasion. I might cancel Netflix for a bit and then simply rotate between them as Libspero suggests

5 hours ago, Rave said:

I think Prime is quite reasonable if you also order stuff from Amazon on occasion. I might cancel Netflix for a bit and then simply rotate between them as Libspero suggests

If you like watching low brow shit and IMDB <5 star rated films Amazon is great.

That's why I'm signed up :-)

but yeah, the interface looks like Neil FatFingered Fergusson had a hand in writing it.