• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Heffalump

Time to don masks

It was gobsmackingly obvious that transmission of a virus that has evolved to spread by coughing is inhibited by masks.

The gubbermint couldn't tell people to wear masks, becuause the gubbermint hadn't organised masks - even for people who look after old people.

The always-ahead-of-the-game Public Health England has today published guidelines on how to use t-shirts as face masks: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering

Just saw on ITV news that home made masks are now advised on public transport.

It's going to be interesting to witness how the gubbermint tries to sell this volte-face in the next couple of weeks.

I'm guessing that we'll have "Kirsty shows you how to make a super floral home-made mask" very soon.

4 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

I'm guessing that we'll have "Kirsty shows you how to make a super floral home-made mask" very soon.

That's a great idea. Suddenly all these professional dog walkers can start selling masks made of bits of old curtain for £5 and jump-start the economy.

Nope, got mine still in the packaging it came in as after reading up on here have decided to use my own brain.  I got it back in March.

Didn't quite go full 2008 bunker either but are sure looking forward to some spam sarnies while the world returns to normal, with the expected curtail of freedoms.

48 minutes ago, Heffalump said:

It was gobsmackingly obvious that transmission of a virus that has evolved to spread by coughing is inhibited by masks.

The gubbermint couldn't tell people to wear masks, becuause the gubbermint hadn't organised masks - even for people who look after old people.

The always-ahead-of-the-game Public Health England has today published guidelines on how to use t-shirts as face masks: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering

Just saw on ITV news that home made masks are now advised on public transport.

It's going to be interesting to witness how the gubbermint tries to sell this volte-face in the next couple of weeks.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

I have a thin black scarf that I will wrap over my face to fulfil requirements in shops if needed.

Personally I do not want to wear a tight fitting mask where the carbon dioxide I breathe out isn’t fully getting out. Discomfort too! Also I believe that I have to life on life’s terms. In my opinion the virus is here to stay and a lot unknown about it.

I have no problem if people with health conditions want to wear masks but home made masks will be almost useless. I’d prefer in my personal risk assessment to not avoid whatever virus is going around. Masks are being promoted now to make people safe unfortunately most people don’t know what a safe mask is.

Government is going for herd immunity by stealth in my opinion. I’ve no idea if it will work. Willing to cover my face loosely if it makes others feel better and help to get to a national way forward that we have to co exist with the virus. Lockdown is useless long term. It will cause more problems. I dread the coming months of unemployment and social discontent that is currently baked in from this lockdown.

It’s a contentious issue. No easy way forward :(

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Can really see that being able to 'go to town' in a face-mask is really going to save the high street.

It's a virus that has evolved to spread through coughing.

I'd guess that even a deep breathing cyclist, after an incline, is sharing a lot of microscopic droplets with pedestrians.

I'd be for masks in densely populated places, and on public transport. 

There's a reason that the SARS1 hit places are geared up for this.

51 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

You can fuck off with masks. The day this shit is mandatory is the day I top myself.

It won't be mandatory, but over time you won't be allowed in a shop, on a train etc etc without one.

1 hour ago, Charles Carter said:

You can fuck off with masks. The day this shit is mandatory is the day I top myself.

Don’t top yourself. Stay and rebel!

Use any face covering when compulsory apart from a standard looking mask. 

I and my daughter have thin scarves to cover our nose and mouth and son has a cycling bandana thingy. 

Masks....homemade for plebs.....are currently required to appease the fear to get the nation back to work. Noticeable that it hasn’t been sanctioned to wear a mask to meet close family or friends or family.

Don't allow them to grind you down!

1 hour ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Nope, got mine still in the packaging it came in as after reading up on here have decided to use my own brain.  I got it back in March.

Snap, I wear mine when I go into the supermarket.

I now also wear a mask when doing landscaping work. My breathing is far easier when I come in. There are one or two shrubs that give off clouds of pollen when disturbed along with the normal dust and pollen from the grass and other shrubs. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Just thinking out loud here but wondering if this is a way of forcing all women into burkas. o.O

It has crossed my mind but currently I’m ruling that out. I could be wrong though. Who knows? It’s partly why I am rebellious though about wearing a mask or face covering due to the virus. I’ll only cover my face when I can’t access a shop to buy something I need. I can see it becoming compulsory but don’t know if it will become common :(

8 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

It has crossed my mind but currently I’m ruling that out. I could be wrong though. Who knows? It’s partly why I am rebellious though about wearing a mask or face covering due to the virus. I’ll only cover my face when I can’t access a shop to buy something I need. I can see it becoming compulsory but don’t know if it will become common :(

Feel the same. I hate the thought of covering my face. All sorts of connotations to that. . 

25 minutes ago, ccc said:

If it gets compulsory I'm going to wear the nice black balaclava that I got when go karting years ago. Stick my MAGA cap on too.

May as well have a laugh with it if no choice :D

Now that’s a good idea. We should all don camouflage clothing and balaclavas. That’ll put the wind up them. xD