• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Remainer / Lockdown Advocate Correlation - working age

1 minute ago, eight said:

I'd boil it down to pessimist vs optimist. Bull vs bear. Predilection to religionism can probably be slung in there somewhere too.

I'd take religion out of it, maybe just because of me and it's my topic!, but on the first two yes.

Or maybe adult standing on their own two feet vs child wanting their nanny.

Posted (edited)

People conflate things in their brain, especially after a lot of drugs.

Which is why I can talk about..

1) The Nurnburg Horse Trials

2) Felicity Kendal Services on the M6

And it sounds reasonable.

I think a lot of news is like that.

Edited by MrPin

Very generally speaking many who.voted remain like being told what they can or cannot do. 

Lockdown is just the same.

Our favourite remainer old hairy boy is exactly the same. I know numerous in person as well. 

It's certainly not 100% but as you say the correlation is very striking and unmistakable. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SilverHairyBack/with_replies

What's ever so interesting is our hairy absolutely detests the Tories - one reason of course being they are the ones who have been put in charge to "get brexit done". 

Something he is almost religiously against. 

Yet the same nasty Tories tell him where he can or cannot go due to lockdown ?

Obeys like a willing schoolboy. 

It's very strange. O.o

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'd take religion out of it, maybe just because of me and it's my topic!, but on the first two yes.

Or maybe adult standing on their own two feet vs child wanting their nanny.

Emotionally led babies, perhaps a result of a feminised society, one where you can't even mark homework in red pen in case it upsets the little darlings. Emmeline Pankhurst has a lot to answer for😬

12 minutes ago, lid said:

Emotionally led babies, perhaps a result of a feminised society, one where you can't even mark homework in red pen in case it upsets the little darlings. Emmeline Pankhurst has a lot to answer for😬

That red pen thing I knew nothing of, until earlier today, and now I read that. 

I couldn't believe they don't use red pens, turns out it's true, and no crosses- just dots to mark where the pupil has gone wrong. 

Pathetic, and embarrassingly so. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I couldn't believe they don't use red pens, turns out it's true, and no crosses- just dots to mark where the pupil has gone wrong. 

It was something I read on here the other day. Apparently you need to draw little happy/sad faces in green instead.

We're fucked if the Germans kick off again😅

10 minutes ago, lid said:

It was something I read on here the other day. Apparently you need to draw little happy/sad faces in green instead.

This isn't true is it :o

21 minutes ago, lid said:

The Germans are worse than us now. Ww3 will just have armies throwing flowers at each other and sobbing uncontrollably much like an enormous Smiths concert. 

I'm not sure the remain/leave split is so hard.  I'm seeing some brexiteers full on NHS angel thinking.  And some remainermonkies posting disruptive information re the UK lockdown.

My US mates, yes, the gun owners are all fuck this shutdown, the city living dems all for the free money because someone else will pay.

50 minutes ago, lid said:

I have often spouted in my kitchen of an evening that if Valdimir wanted the UK, he could take us, from the Wash to Aberyswyth in the time it takes to drive it.

28 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

The Germans are worse than us now. Ww3 will just have armies throwing flowers at each other and sobbing uncontrollably much like an enormous Smiths concert. 

Except Morrissey won't be there.

55 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Once youve gone black theres no going back.

Legal documents and photocopying are all cracked!

Didnt know about that red cross malarky though. Obviously dont pay enough attention to kids home work.

When I do look the Family Fortunes urg urr  cross appears when needed.

2 hours ago, ccc said:

Very generally speaking many who.voted remain like being told what they can or cannot do. 

Lockdown is just the same.

Our favourite remainer old hairy boy is exactly the same. I know numerous in person as well. 

It's certainly not 100% but as you say the correlation is very striking and unmistakable. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SilverHairyBack/with_replies

What's ever so interesting is our hairy absolutely detests the Tories - one reason of course being they are the ones who have been put in charge to "get brexit done". 

Something he is almost religiously against. 

Yet the same nasty Tories tell him where he can or cannot go due to lockdown ?

Obeys like a willing schoolboy. 

It's very strange. O.o

I loathe the eu and labour voted Tory but am

basicly ignoreing the lockdown to a certain extent im going to work and the lads not missed a day off school due to me being a key worker blagged that lol

5 hours ago, spunko said:

It does seem to me that those who are most critical of the way Boris has handled this, are by coincidence weaponized remainers. I wonder why :o

I think it unfair, because most of the world has seen the same reaction to this virus. I think it over the top, but that's just me. It's politicians trying to be God, and claiming they can do something about it, but they can't even alter the Earth's orbit, like in bad science fiction disaster movies.

16 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not so much on this site, as here Remainers are pulled from their beds in the middle of night and bayoneted in cellars, but on other sites I have noticed that the vocal Remainers are also the vocal Lockdowners.

Older people tend to be primarily Leavers but a real mix of Lockodwn advocates and stuff and nonsense carry on as normal people.

Working age people split maybe 50:50 leavers / remainers and their approach to Lockdown follows those lines with Remainers wanting massive state control and Leavers on a spectrum from reduce lockdown to scrap it entirely.

It is incredibly noticeable on the other sites on which I post.

There must be a correlation so I am thinking people who want more state control of lives will like both Remain and Lockdown whereas people who want freedom from state control will reject both the EU and lockdown.

I wasn't anticipating this but the correlation is so strong there must be a mindset operating here.  Inferiority complex / natural subservience perhaps.  People who do not want to live as independent adults and do not want others to be able to do so either.

This would probably map with those who think equality of opportunity is sufficient agaisnt those who demand equality of outcome.

The latter want full state control of everybody's life so that they can determine the outcome; nobody is an individual, everybody is an identity, and the state picks people for roles based upon their identity.

You post elsewhere..

Slut.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Only on the trainspotterish football forums.

And being cheated on with a nerd is supposed to make us feel better?