• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

This species come in 2 main forms and go for the attack mentally and financially often both at once has one masks the other they are often family or good friends .has the shit storm gets worse and the goverment withdraws aid and redundancy’s boom expect an attack .my main form

of defence is I’m well known for hateing

debt so will skint myself to pay it off .ive just spunked 10-11k on my hovel with 2800 outstanding and I’m leting

anyone who could be a potential vampire know that I’ve lost all my overtime dureing conversations.how do you deal with it family are the worse 

3 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

This species come in 2 main forms and go for the attack mentally and financially often both at once has one masks the other they are often family or good friends .has the shit storm gets worse and the goverment withdraws aid and redundancy’s boom expect an attack .my main form

debt so will skint myself to pay it off .ive just spunked 10-11k on my hovel with 2800 outstanding and I’m leting

anyone who could be a potential vampire know that I’ve lost all my overtime dureing conversations.how do you deal with it family are the worse 

So you have met my in-laws then?

2 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

So you have met my in-laws then?

I’ve been known to log on my online banking when my lad try’s to sponge money off me and show him

ive got 1500 quid then make an overpayment on my morgage and go o dear I’m skint now sorry 

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It isn't easy when they know you have money and they need money to fix their lives.

Giving them a lecture on prudence, tax avoidance, and tax free investing is not what they're after.

They want your MONEY. 

After all you aren't using it so why can't they do so?

Seen it with friends and family it’s not even money it’s your ability to borrow they like .does my head in 

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Tell them all to fuck off.

I do. And in the end, they stop asking.

You don't get any birthday cards mind...

XYY

I never find that hard to say. I am enlightened.

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

How do they know you have spare money?  You’ve not bragged have you?  o.O

just tell them you dont have any spare as you spend it all on booze and hookers. Not far from the truth. xD

Just now, One percent said:

How do they know you have spare money?  You’ve not bragged have you?  o.O

just tell them you dont have any spare as you spend it all on booze and hookers. Not far from the truth. xD

I don’t earn enough to brag about it but I’m known for my frugalness.its not what you earn it’s what you have left .plus everyone knows I’m nealy 55 I even pinch fruit bread and milk from work lol

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I don’t earn enough to brag about it but I’m known for my frugalness.its not what you earn it’s what you have left .plus everyone knows I’m nealy 55 I even pinch fruit bread and milk from work lol

There we go. You need to convince them that you waste it. All of it. 

if you would like, I’ll hide it for you. :)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

There we go. You need to convince them that you waste it. All of it. 

if you would like, I’ll hide it for you. :)

I’m safe at the moment I only have 1700 quid in the bank and 2800 on a credit card .chaos can reign once that’s paid off lol ps the x does her best and Margo’s messaged the other day with a hint I’ve had my divorce payout lol

Edited by stokiescum

8 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’m safe at the moment I only have 1700 quid in the bank and 2800 on a credit card .chaos can reign once that’s paid off lol ps the x does her best and Margo’s messaged the other day with a hint I’ve had my divorce payout lol

Margo?  I didn’t realise you had a leading part in the good life. xD

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

I say similar. Very true. Its what you havs left.

I once had an aunt (2nd removed or something) phone me up and ask if he daughter and her recently married turkish immigrant husband could live, rent free, in a holiday home I had at the time.  Apparently we were family and they were just getting started in life.

Apparently because I had something, that meant they should have use of it.  Now, I wouldn't have minded for a couple of weeks for a holiday, but just asking to live rent free just because, fuck that.

We haven't spoken since  - 20 years.  No great loss.

Meanwhile I have mates who I know have been struggling and they have never asked for a penny.  Those are the ones I try to drop a bit of extra to in some way.