• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

£5,000,000 reward offered....

Recommended Posts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/05/12/stelios-offers-5m-bounty-easyjet-whistleblower/

 

Stelios offers £5m bounty for easyJet whistleblower

"EasyJet founder Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou is offering a £5m bounty to whistleblowers who can help force the carrier to scrap an order for more than 100 new Airbus planes."

 

How ****ed is easyjet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think the other question here is how corrupt is the global market for large ticket items and contracts.

Note the last thing he is looking for - information in regards dealing with Airbus by any current/past employee or anyone else. He knows how this works, brown envelopes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I think the other question here is how corrupt is the global market for large ticket items and contracts.

Note the last thing he is looking for - information in regards dealing with Airbus by any current/past employee or anyone else. He knows how this works, brown envelopes.

 

Outrageous slur

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51277946

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how the world works.

If you want to sell a plane or arms, if you want an oil or mining concession, if you want planning permission to build a resort you are going to need to bribe the people with whom you want to do business because sure as damnit that's what your rivals are doing.

I find governments, at least in public, to be wholly childlike about this.

Welcome to reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, onlyme said:

I think the other question here is how corrupt is the global market for large ticket items and contracts.

Note the last thing he is looking for - information in regards dealing with Airbus by any current/past employee or anyone else. He knows how this works, brown envelopes.

 

I suspect you are spot on there.

Human nature I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I remember watching "Dallas" as a child and when someone told JR Ewing that a particular person couldn't be bought, he would just reply that everyone CAN be bought, you just didn't offer the right price.  It made me sad then and it still does now.

Everything is for sale for the right price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

You'd sell your own children? 

If you had two children and one needed a treatment that you couldn't afford and would otherwise die, would you sell the other to pay for the treatment so that both survived?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

If you had two children and one needed a treatment that you couldn't afford and would otherwise die, would you sell the other to pay for the treatment so that both survived?

Good idea for a crowdfunding/social media campaign. It would easy get to target after you put the child for sale on ebay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2020 at 11:03, Frank Hovis said:

This is how the world works.

If you want to sell a plane or arms, if you want an oil or mining concession, if you want planning permission to build a resort you are going to need to bribe the people with whom you want to do business because sure as damnit that's what your rivals are doing.

I find governments, at least in public, to be wholly childlike about this.

Welcome to reality.

Finally got round to watching "The Spiders Web" on YT earlier, found it funny more than anything as if anyone didn't know all the banks, big four and overseas territories are all bent. I'm just glad we're the ones doing the bent deals. Imagine if we let China take over...I'd rather live in a world of dodgy financial deals than a world of wondering if me and my family will be kidnapped in our sleep because I criticised "the party".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hopeful said:

If you had two children and one needed a treatment that you couldn't afford and would otherwise die, would you sell the other to pay for the treatment so that both survived?

No. What a ridiculous idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

No. What a ridiculous idea. 

It is a ridiculous idea.

What would you do ?

A bird of prey would feed one chick to the other if there was insufficient food for both.

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I wouldn't sell a kid. That's what I would do. 

 

But there are examples in the world of people that have done that when they are desperate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2020 at 20:55, Hopeful said:

If you had two children and one needed a treatment that you couldn't afford and would otherwise die, would you sell the other to pay for the treatment so that both survived?

I'd keep first one on a ventilator as a source of spares for the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hopeful said:

But there are examples in the world of people that have done that when they are desperate.

 

Your argument was that everything is for sale at the right price. 

My Daughter is not for sale at any price. 

:-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Your argument was that everything is for sale at the right price. 

My Daughter is not for sale at any price. 

:-) 

 

We'll have agree to disagree :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hopeful said:

But there are examples in the world of people that have done that when they are desperate.

 

It’s a sellers market when a Hollywood star or singer turns up in the 3rd world 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Malthus said:

It’s a sellers market when a Hollywood star or singer turns up in the 3rd world 👍

Surrogate mothers are another example, in the traditional surrogate 50% of the child is the mother's that carries the baby. In the US the baby can be bought for $20-$50k. The child is sold or bought.

We never know what our decision will be until the time and situation arises.

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.