• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

The names Brassic, James Brassic.

MI5 is hiring – you don’t need any past experience to apply and the pay is impressive

For those who've ever aspired to be James Bond, the perfect job has come up.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/business/consumer/mi5-hiring-you-dont-need-any-past-experience-apply-and-pay-impressive-2842112?fbclid=IwAR0Lf-miMIHh4wt2uYGY8hDEJNLURLEa-aLfbzA0hfWx_MJDsNfxjUc4xVE

I'm assuming journo is a moron.

The role involves identifying risks about people that could endanger national security. Candidates can earn an annual salary of £38,656 in London, or £36,729 in Manchester or Cheltenham.

You cannot live in London on 38k.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

You cannot live in London on 38k.

You can if you live in your mam's back bedroom.

I wonder what sort of "genius" applies for these postions?

Just now, spygirl said:

Oswald Bin Laden?

I have friends in Chelt, and met a few of these "geniuses" at a party. You may be correct? Chelt is not cheap to live in. But I suppose there might be job security? If they let on exactly what you are doing?

13 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

And yet the vast majority of people in London do.

If you bought at the "right time", inherited, or are in Council, then this works.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

If you bought at the "right time", inherited, or are in Council, then this works.

Plenty of young people working at my company earning sub 30k and still getting by. Crammed in a flat share and travelling everywhere by bike. It’s not great as a long term strategy but they manage.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

Plenty of young people working at my company earning sub 30k and still getting by. Crammed in a flat share and travelling everywhere by bike. It’s not great as a long term strategy but they manage.

That's what I see. But that was me 30 years ago on £6k. Happiest time of my life.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

How young is young out of interest? I loved there when I was 20/21. I was skint, even needed a loan to get by, but I enjoyed it.  I wouldn't think I'd have been satisfied with that lifestyle at 25+ though.  I'd want to be saving and making plans for my future, not living in a shit house share. 

15 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

I see what you did there, Mr Pin.

You sure you've never been a spook rather than just Matthew Corbett's hand warmer?

I'm too loud for that. I'm not inconspicuous.

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Again, you cannot live in London on 38k.

That's slumming.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

And yet the vast majority of people in London do.

Indeed, despite the myths about "everyones on 100k" in london the stark reality is that the average salary is about 35K and that is probably skewed by a small % of very high earners which would mean lots of other people on about 30K I guess. Among other things this means that tube drivers are paid significantly more than most of their passengers.

Edited by goldbug9999

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Again, you cannot live in London on 38k.

That's slumming.

It’s an advert for an entry level position. Well over the odds compared to entry level positions in the most fields.

1 hour ago, Iamcynical said:

How young is young out of interest? I loved there when I was 20/21. I was skint, even needed a loan to get by, but I enjoyed it.  I wouldn't think I'd have been satisfied with that lifestyle at 25+ though.  I'd want to be saving and making plans for my future, not living in a shit house share. 

Late 20s, maybe some early 30s.

25 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It’s an advert for an entry level position. Well over the odds compared to entry level positions in the most fields.

Late 20s, maybe some early 30s.

The role involves identifying risks about people that could endanger national security. Candidates can earn an annual salary of £38,656 in London, or £36,729 in Manchester or Cheltenham.

In this case, 'can' means max possible.

I presume the want genuine autistic geek types who care nowt for the cash and simply love problem solving and puzzles.

Offering more would attract the James Bond wannabies.

That's not to say the Manchester salary isn't pretty good for up here,  but I presume the types of people they want to attract aren't going to be motivated primarily by the money.

I think the pay is right - you want people that do it for King and Country, for peace of the Kingdom, for the Alliance!

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

I presume the want genuine autistic geek types who care nowt for the cash and simply love problem solving and puzzles.

Offering more would attract the James Bond wannabies.

That's not to say the Manchester salary isn't pretty good for up here,  but I presume the types of people they want to attract aren't going to be motivated primarily by the money.

It's probably OK if you stick it out for a few years, and have that mentality. I imagine there's less "action" in it than the postal service.

3 hours ago, GBDamo said:

Shouldnt the title be 'The name's Borasic, James Borasic'?

From the from the shandy drinking southern poofter rhyming slang 'Borasic Flint' to mean skint.

Come on.  He’s a northerner. You don’t expect him to understand cocky rhyming slang. 

oh, and to the more general dosbods massive, be very careful. Applying for this job and you might end up dead in a zip bag in your bath. o.O

1 hour ago, 201p said:

I think the pay is right - you want people that do it for King and Country, for peace of the Kingdom, for the Alliance!

xD  what like the MPs and civil servants do?  xD

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

oh, and to the more general dosbods massive, be very careful. Applying for this job and you might end up dead in a zip bag in your bath. 

That might be another branch of the Government's security service. The big risk at GCHQ is the giant stapler in the print room.