• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Give your holiday to a Doctor or health worker

2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Your annual allowance, no idea how that can even work? Even in France it sounds pretty insane.

It’ll be like those old clothes collection boxes at the top that are always overflowing if it came over here... all the virtue signallers outdoing each other to give away all their holidays.

NHS has no staff as the nurses/consultants have all been gifted 547 annual days leave each

Another shit show if they try this.  

What happens exactly ?  Larry down the timber yard books two weeks annual leave and then carries on working at the yard whilst a doctor takes a fortnight off and literally does a no show at work ?  Or does Larry from the timber yard don his PPE and take charge of 'saving lives' for a couple of weeks ?

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

Fuck that, and the horse it rode in on.

Im a Dr. My wife is a frontline health worker. Pretty sure neither of us want anyone elses holiday. Just being able to take our own in the way we had wanted now looks like a distant fantasy.

Go on. I've two weeks booked at Bridlingtons cheapest BnB/junky HMO. In October.

It's yours. I insist you take it.

Ps you might to take your own mattress.

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

They going to go too far with this idolisation of the NHS. It's going to cause resentment eventually. What proportion of the 1.4m are actually on the front line? A lot of them have got nothing to do except choreograph dance routines. 

Good luck mentioning anything other than adulation for the nhs.

I happened to suggest on another forum ' but what about care home workers....' - you'd have thought I'd shit in their collective granny's mouth.

59 minutes ago, eight said:

I think the population are just being trolled now, TBH. Whoever is behind this is probably pissing themselves as each new step of lunacy is embraced.

Perhaps we should join in the fun. Lets see if we can come up with a crazy yet believable 'support the NHS' idea, get someone to plant the seed on FB and see if it pops up anywhere else. Points for getting minor celeb to retweet. Mega bonus points for getting it on the BBC.

He is my idea (I'm sure others will do better):

"Give NHS workers a break". We all know and love that choclately biscuit snack known as a kit kat. Show your support for NHS workers by giving up your tea break and donating a kit kat to your local hospital. The NHS staff desperately need high calorie snacks to keep them (fat) going while working those long 12 hour shifts. They are on their feet all day long (dancing), so come on, give them a break, give them a kit kat.

Posted (edited)

There are NHS and NHS.

My sister is a nurse.  Anyone who thinks she’s presently doing anything that deserves a round of applause every Thursday is delusional.

That’s not to say she doesn’t work hard,  but she’s not dealing directly with CV patients,  isn’t really at risk and is basically just getting on with her job as best she can.

I mean,  I’m sure she’d take your free holiday if she was allowed to go on it..  but she’d be the first to say “what the actual fuck!??”

Edited by Libspero

1 hour ago, Dave Bloke said:

This is being trailed by the French govt and is bound to come to the UK. With summer holidays all but cancelled the govt. is encouraging people to give their holidays to a health worker instead of taking any time off this year.

Bonkers. :/

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

There are NHS and their are NHS.

My sister is a nurse.  Anyone who thinks she’s presently doing anything that deserves a round of applause every Thursday is delusional.

That’s not to say she doesn’t work hard,  but she’s not dealing directly with CV patients,  isn’t really at risk and is basically just getting on with her job as best she can.

I mean,  I’m sure she’d take your free holiday if she was allowed to go on it..  but she’d be the first to say “what the actual fuck!??”

...me too

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

Fuck that, and the horse it rode in on.

Im a Dr. My wife is a frontline health worker. Pretty sure neither of us want anyone elses holiday. Just being able to take our own in the way we had wanted now looks like a distant fantasy.

A medical or proper dr?  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

A medical or proper dr?  

A proper one. ;)

it’s just that I happen to be a proper one in viral immunology rather than, I don’t know, art history. So in this context I feel justified in mentioning it. 

Edited by Melchett

3 minutes ago, Melchett said:

A proper one. ;)

it’s just that I happen to be a proper one in viral immunology rather than, I don’t know, art history. So in this context I feel justified in mentioning it. 

I’d take an art historian over a GP. Went to mine just immediately prior to the lockdown (when we on here had been screaming for it for a good few weeks). He was telling me that he had just come back from a weekend away, taking in the sights and shows. O.o  mind he was one of the imported ones. 

I couldn’t get out of there quick enough. xD

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

?

In the UK medical doctors mostly don’t have a PhD (or MD) so they’re only supposed to call themselves doctor whilst they’re still practicing medicine. In North America, most doctors are MDs so it’s different. The actual experience, knowledge and training is the same, it’s just that the specific degrees awarded are different. The funniest part is that surgeons in the UK, who have to do a huge pile of extra training on top of the standard medical degree and residencies, expect to be referred to as Mr. I’m sure there’s history there but I’m buggered if I can understand it.