• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

pseuds corner

From Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads_(1984_film)

Both Little White Lies and The A.V. Club have emphasized Threads, a harrowing film about a thermonuclear war that reduces Britain's population to around 4 million living in stone aged conditions, contemporary relevance to Brexit. According to the former, the film paints a "nightmarish picture of a Britain woefully unprepared for what is coming, and reduced, when it does come, to isolation, collapse and medieval regression, with a failed health service, very little food being harvested, mass homelessness, and the pound and the penny losing all value."

Overdramatic, moi?

This maybe belomngs here.

The continuing attack upon Ant of Ant & Dec's ex-wife for her looks. 

Written by a woman.  The comments nail it beautfully.

28346702-8315907-Radiant_The_make_up_gur

Radiant: The make-up guru, 43, wore pyjamas while chatting to friends with Hurley by her side outside her home 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8315907/Lisa-Armstrong-goes-make-free-dons-pyjamas-spends-quality-time-dog-Hurley.html

Top comments:

Leave her alone !

She looked radiant? Now you're just trolling DM.

The sole purpose of this article is to encourage people to be mean The world really is a sick and twisted place

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This maybe belomngs here.

The continuing attack upon Ant of Ant & Dec's ex-wife for her looks. 

Written by a woman.  The comments nail it beautfully.

28346702-8315907-Radiant_The_make_up_gur

Radiant: The make-up guru, 43, wore pyjamas while chatting to friends with Hurley by her side outside her home 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8315907/Lisa-Armstrong-goes-make-free-dons-pyjamas-spends-quality-time-dog-Hurley.html

Top comments:

Leave her alone !

She looked radiant? Now you're just trolling DM.

The sole purpose of this article is to encourage people to be mean The world really is a sick and twisted place

Isn’t it typical of sad little lives that they just want to put someone else down. Daily Mail recognises this and plays to its audience. 

edit. Ffs why does w a i l autocorrect to Daily Mail. @spunko  :Old:

Edited by One percent

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Isn’t it typical of sad little lives that they just want to put someone else down. Daily Mail recognises this and plays to its audience. 

Yep.  They bought the photos and wanted to make a widely read story out of them so they wrote the story ironically.

The comments nail what they're doing but they have received their clicks.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Yep.  They bought the photos and wanted to make a widely read story out of them so they wrote the story ironically.

The comments nail what they're doing but they have received their clicks.

Ah well, we all know that the legacy media has had its day. People will look back on the printed press (which are desperately trying and failing to get an online presence) and think how quaint. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah well, we all know that the legacy media has had its day. People will look back on the printed press (which are desperately trying and failing to get an online presence) and think how quaint. 

I like the Daily Mail and this sort of nonsense doesn't get into the print version.

It's all just sidebar clickbait for the online gossips and I fell for it.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I like the Daily Mail and this sort of nonsense doesn't get into the print version.

It's all just sidebar clickbait for the online gossips and I fell for it.

I quite like the mail too, especially the online version (surprised that you would pay good money for the printed edition Frank) because it carries stories that the bbc doesn’t. 

Just now, One percent said:

I quite like the mail too, especially the online version (surprised that you would pay good money for the printed edition Frank) because it carries stories that the bbc doesn’t. 

I like real newspapers as I like books far above the flickering screen online versions.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I like real newspapers as I like books far above the flickering screen online versions.

I used to until they ramped up the price. How much is the guardian these days?  And yes, I admit that it was my go to paper. o.O  just kill me now. O.o

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I used to until they ramped up the price. How much is the guardian these days?  And yes, I admit that it was my go to paper. o.O  just kill me now. O.o

The Manchester Guardian was once good journalism. So were many! Satan gave us social media, and they were tempted by his path.

Just now, One percent said:

I occasionally read the Guardian back in the 80s and 90s.  It was an intelligent paper as were all broadsheets; it had a viewpoint but didn't relentlessly beat you over the head with it.

Yes it's a terrible SJW mash up these days but many other cultural things have also declined horribly.  Radio 4 and the BBC TV channels in particular.

8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I occasionally read the Guardian back in the 80s and 90s.  It was an intelligent paper as were all broadsheets; it had a viewpoint but didn't relentlessly beat you over the head with it.

Yes it's a terrible SJW mash up these days but many other cultural things have also declined horribly.  Radio 4 and the BBC TV channels in particular.

Oh god, don’t get me started on R4. I cannot bear to listen to it. Used to be fairly educational. 

Shes his wife.

Looks? I dont know. The eye of the beholder. This is a particular bad shot. Muck raking.

Mean. So what. Not my business. She gets lots of business for her makeup skills..I doubt as much as her husband clearly.

Why the shot....why now?

I dont think shes that interesting to be worthy of a a FT pap.

This smells like a poundshop  PR agent photo setup.

OK Lisa. We can work on your media profile so we can hit the ground running after the divorce.

Lets go for a casual shoot - no makeup, dog.

We'll pitch it one way or another.

Then - gnomes underpants.

9 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

Shes his wife.

Looks? I dont know. The eye of the beholder. This is a particular bad shot. Muck raking.

Mean. So what. Not my business. She gets lots of business for her makeup skills..I doubt as much as her husband clearly.

Why the shot....why now?

I doubt she gets any business for her make up skills and hasn't since she married.

It's not a high paid role but you do get to meet wealthy prospective husbands.

Rowan Atkinson for one married his make up woman.