• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Before the pandemic, about two million patients a month were visiting A&E but in April that dropped to 916,581.

NHS bosses are concerned seriously ill patients are being put off seeking treatment.

Or maybe the accidents and emergencys are the only ones turning up?
The people who go for the company/cos they can't get a GP appointment etc/ are all seeking other options like self medicating at home.

Are they worried that funding will be cut.

Any mention of whether they kept to the 4 hour waiting times?

7 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

57% drop Apparently. I think it shows that there are very many spurious visits to A&E. 

That's what happens when you offer something for free, it has no perceived valve. Time for a nominal fee for showing up? Tenner? 

I would happily make it £50.

If it really is an emergency, nobody should mind paying.

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Have you gone in an ambulance after a RTA? (Or RTC, whatever the fuck a car crash is called these days?)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-injury-costs-recovery-scheme-april-2018-to-march-2019

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2018/47/pdfs/ssipn_20180047_en.pdf
THE PERSONAL INJURIES (NHS CHARGES) (AMOUNTS) (SCOTLAND) AMENDMENT REGULATIONS 2018
Figures are Current and From 1 st April 2018
Where the injured person was provided with NHS ambulance services for the purpose of taking him/her to a hospital for NHS treatment (for each journey) £205 £208

Where the injured person received NHS treatment at a hospital in respect of his/her injury but was not admitted to hospital (flat rate)
£678 £688
Where the injured person received NHS treatment at a hospital in respect of his/her injury and was admitted to hospital (daily rate)
£833 £846
The cap (being the maximum amount that will be claimed from a compensator) in any one case. £49,824 £50,561

14 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Have you gone in an ambulance after a RTA? (Or RTC, whatever the fuck a car crash is called these days?)

Yes I have. When I was 17 after a motorbike crash. Took about 4 hours to get there and get seen - despite being only 25 minutes away. And IIRC they charged my insurance company.

29 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

57% drop Apparently. I think it shows that there are very many spurious visits to A&E. 

That's what happens when you offer something for free, it has no perceived valve. Time for a nominal fee for showing up? Tenner? 

22 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Definitely not.

That would be yet another take from the worker / taxpaying pensioner whilst the bennies crowd get it for free.

I would add that my son collapsed at college in the US earlier this year. His room-mates thought it might be appendicitis, but the pain was so bad he was drifting in and out of consciousness.

His roommies decided that is was an A&E job. Didn't call an ambulance though as that is $1,000 for the 10 minute trip. Shoved him in the car and drove to hospital.

Got to hospital at noon. Lots of checks, nothing obvious found, discharged by 4pm.

Just sorting the insurance claim now. So far over $5,000 and the bills are still arriving..

9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I would add that my son collapsed at college in the US earlier this year. His room-mates thought it might be appendicitis, but the pain was so bad he was drifting in and out of consciousness.

His roommies decided that is was an A&E job. Didn't call an ambulance though as that is $1,000 for the 10 minute trip. Shoved him in the car and drove to hospital.

Got to hospital at noon. Lots of checks, nothing obvious found, discharged by 4pm.

Just sorting the insurance claim now. So far over $5,000 and the bills are still arriving..

I'm really not sure which is worse: the communist NHS or the monopolistic US health system.

They've got to be the worst two systems in the developed world.

1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

No exceptions. Give them credit at £5 per week if necessary.

Illegal immigrant / asylum seeker?

Traveller threatening violence?

Mother with screaming infant and no money?

You can only do that if you have an alternative, as in the US, of charity hospitals for those genuinely unable to pay for treatment.

And they do check very thoroughly as they all have teams of lawyers.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Illegal immigrant / asylum seeker?

Traveller threatening violence?

Mother with screaming infant and no money?

Threaten them with the police if they can't find someone to pay on their behalf.

Cops can then prove residency for the fine. Or deportation.