• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

Personalising the forum by user id.

@spunko Is it possible to enable personalising the forum, so labels associated with our user ids would be attached to threads if we wanted to?

Only for us to see, not others.....

Just as an example, I would like to be able to attach the label "Batshit Mental" to certain threads like the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" thread as a reminder to myself not to venture in.

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

@spunko Is it possible to enable personalising the forum, so labels associated with our user ids would be attached to threads if we wanted to?

Only for us to see, not others.....

Just as an example, I would like to be able to attach the label "Batshit Mental" to certain threads like the "Something Wicked This Way Comes" thread as a reminder to myself not to venture in.

I recommend Dr Kawashima, relying on things like 'personalising' is a slippery slope to the dribble farm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Train-Your-Brain-Ryuta-Kawashima/dp/1933241152

13 hours ago, spunko said:

@swiss_democracy_for_all I don't think it's possible... sorry.

And I don't think it's fully necessary, unless you have the memory of a goldfish :D I remember the threads I think are worth avoiding, like the cricket thread, or the Qanon stuff, without tags.

The memory of a goldfish is probably a key element of my enjoyment of Dosbods, we do repeat ourselves a lot :)9_9

It takes me a few months to forget the threads I don't want to go into, then when bored I'll idly click on one, ten minutes later I'm wanting to bleach my brain.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, spunko said:

@swiss_democracy_for_all I don't think it's possible... sorry.

And I don't think it's fully necessary, unless you have the memory of a goldfish :D I remember the threads I think are worth avoiding, like the cricket thread, or the Qanon stuff, without tags.

But using the next unread topic option means that you often inadvertently stumble into these shit threads anyway since you removed the name of the next thread a while back.

Why not at least put that vital piece of information on display again like I asked you to do when you removed it...?

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

5 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

But using the next unread topic option means that you often inadvertently stumble into these shit threads anyway since you removed the name of the next thread a while back.

Why not at least put that vital piece of information on display again like I asked you to do when you removed it...?

XYY

I didn't remove anything, the software decided to get rid of it, for whatever reason.