• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
Southmartin

Corona correlations

Recommended Posts

So i've been trying to see what makes the difference between a person falling hook, line & sinker for the 'death virus' scam, or whether they're a 'non-believer' so to speak... I find this sort of stuff fascinating and have come up with a theory.

So it's not as simple as when dealing with politics. There's no overwhelming leaning to one side or the other is you're traditionally a 'lefty' or a 'righty; (I admit those terms have lost their meaning over the years, but I use them as most understand the concept). ... "Brexit" probably has a closer correlation - what I mean is, that I think a high percentage of Brexit supporters, are also very sceptical of the official narrative... Part of that will of course be a mistrust of anything that comes out of the MSN. However It's no where near definitive- as I know plenty of blue-rinse Tories who're staying inside and disinfecting the air!

So what else is there? I was thinking and then last night I had a lightbulb moment.. and though I don't expect to get a 100% correlation, I reckon it'd be pretty close... I think the way to tell what side someone's likely to fall on, is to simply ask them:

"Who is responsible for your safety?"

In my (admittedly anecdotal) testing, i've matched 100%. So if a person replies any of the following: The Government, the Police, Society etc etc, then they're the sort of person that is comfortable with someone else looking after them, and trusts that being subjugated by an authoritarian higher power is for their own good.

If they answer "me", then it's far more likely that they'll be the sort of person who understands that they need to grasp the issues at stake, gather information for themselves, and then draw their own conclusions.

Discuss! (please! I need to test my theory).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snaga said:

I'm guessing nobody on dosbods falls in to the first group?

does that make us an echo chamber?

Fair point.. In that's, armed with this new knowledge - ask around a bit and report back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Southmartin said:

Fair point.. In that's, armed with this new knowledge - ask around a bit and report back?

I think a lot of people expect government to sort out their problems. Mind, it is what successive governments have encouraged. A population dependent on them, is a population that can be easily manipulated. Someone somewhere once said that a government that is large enough to give you everything you need, is also large enough to take it all away. Aka your freedom. 
 

mind, I expect the services i pay for and for which there is a social contract. I pay NI and so expect a pension and a functioning NHS. I’m not doing very well with that one though. I also expect, because i pay mu council tax to have the streets lit, cleared of rubbish and my bins emptied. Because i pay tax, i expect a decent armed force to protect us and police to arrest and lock up the toe rags. As i pay road fund licence, i expect the roads to be of a standard that is safe to drive and which will not damage my car. 
 

sadly, i am underwhelmed and disappointed by the performance I receive for money charged. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think a lot of people expect government to sort out their problems. Mind, it is what successive governments have encouraged. A population dependent on them, is a population that can be easily manipulated. Someone somewhere once said that a government that is large enough to give you everything you need, is also large enough to take it all away. Aka your freedom. 
 

mind, I expect the services i pay for and for which there is a social contract. I pay NI and so expect a pension and a functioning NHS. I’m not doing very well with that one though. I also expect, because i pay mu council tax to have the streets lit, cleared of rubbish and my bins emptied. Because i pay tax, i expect a decent armed force to protect us and police to arrest and lock up the toe rags. As i pay road fund licence, i expect the roads to be of a standard that is safe to drive and which will not damage my car. 
 

sadly, i am underwhelmed and disappointed by the performance I receive for money charged. o.O

I would love to see a copy of this, the social contract is bollocks used to steal money from you via taxation.

Simple model if the state has to steal from you to fund it, it is not worth doing

All transactions should be voluntary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure. For example I have a friend who is normally very pro-small government, dislikes lefties, dislikes popular worship cults like the NHS etc. He can always be relied on to be a contrarian when it comes to any kind of popular idea. But he's terrified of Corona and I've had a couple of long conversations on the phone trying to calm him down. I think a lot of it is to do with pessimism/worst case scenario thinking, hypochondria etc.

He also blames watching too many episodes of 'Survivor' as a boy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I would love to see a copy of this, the social contract is bollocks used to steal money from you via taxation.

Simple model if the state has to steal from you to fund it, it is not worth doing

All transactions should be voluntary. 

Me personally, I would go for a system of anarchy. We don’t need to be “led” or “controlled “. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Me personally, I would go for a system of anarchy. We don’t need to be “led” or “controlled “. 

I agree, anarchy would actually be better than what we have now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I agree, anarchy would actually be better than what we have now

 

It’s not what the establishment would have you believe, it’s instead a way to organise society with the interference of government. Clearly, it would not be popular as it puts the ruling elite out of a job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

It’s not what the establishment would have you believe, it’s instead a way to organise society with the interference of government. Clearly, it would not be popular as it puts the ruling elite out of a job. 

I know exactly what it is, which is why I think it would be much better.

It is way past time we hanged our "leaders" from lamp posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been on the phone to a friend who says that in our little East Anglian village, we have so far had only one confirmed case of Corona. That's one case, not one death- the gentleman is now on the mend, apparently.

Which makes me think, that without mass media none of this panic would exist, we wouldn't even know about it and our one 'victim' would just be thought to have had a bad dose of flu.

I sometimes think the Zen Buddhists have the right idea, that all problems are in the mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, One percent said:

I think a lot of people expect government to sort out their problems. Mind, it is what successive governments have encouraged. A population dependent on them, is a population that can be easily manipulated. Someone somewhere once said that a government that is large enough to give you everything you need, is also large enough to take it all away. Aka your freedom. 
 

mind, I expect the services i pay for and for which there is a social contract. I pay NI and so expect a pension and a functioning NHS. I’m not doing very well with that one though. I also expect, because i pay mu council tax to have the streets lit, cleared of rubbish and my bins emptied. Because i pay tax, i expect a decent armed force to protect us and police to arrest and lock up the toe rags. As i pay road fund licence, i expect the roads to be of a standard that is safe to drive and which will not damage my car. 
 

sadly, i am underwhelmed and disappointed by the performance I receive for money charged. o.O

You do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing has been totally co-opted by governments and their propoganda arm, the msm, following several things that haven't quite gone their way in recent times (Trump, brexit, widespread right-wing resurgence)

This is a perfect opportunity for governments to say "Get back in your box, we set the rules" and MSM to say "we have the information you need". Both are using fear as a propellant to regain some lost power over the population.

The current focus seems to be on testing who currently has COVID19 rather than who has had it to keep the fear playing out for as long as possible.

I think I read somewhere that we have 3.5 million antibody tests but they won't be available - why? I think the reason is that the results would show way more people have had the virus than they'd like to show and they want to keep the country in fear and control.

Far better for them to keep showing growth in number of infections at this stage, rather than a reduction in the virus's danger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Southmartin I just tried your theory out on a friend who has been very pro lock-down.  At first he didn't understand the question, asking 'do you mean at work, we have a health and safety guy there'.  When I pushed about life in general he said 'Me. And the government and the police'.  When I explained why I asked he said he's actually 50/50 as to whether lock-downs work.  So based on this survey of 1, there might be something in your theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Southmartin said:

"Who is responsible for your safety?"

In my (admittedly anecdotal) testing, i've matched 100%. So if a person replies any of the following: The Government, the Police, Society etc etc, then they're the sort of person that is comfortable with someone else looking after them, and trusts that being subjugated by an authoritarian higher power is for their own good.

If they answer "me", then it's far more likely that they'll be the sort of person who understands that they need to grasp the issues at stake, gather information for themselves, and then draw their own conclusions.

You are correct IMO.

However, lets widen the net further.

"Who is responsible for my income, my health, and my safety?"

How many people do you know rely on the government for income (TC or government funded jobs) who also are fat and eat an awful diet and don't exercise (no personal responsiblity for health - NHS will keep me going when I get sick), drink plenty of booze ect...

Both the Sharon the council estates and Sally who's Head of Diversity at <Insert Government Department> often fit into these templates.

It's actually a lack of personal responsiblity in general. And the terrible thing is that for as long as I can remember the government doesn't seem to encourage personal responsiblity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reck B said:

This is a perfect opportunity for governments to say "Get back in your box, we set the rules"

Literally, in the case of those poor French schoolkids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.