• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Minimum post length, yes or no?

Should there be a minimum post length?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a minimum post length?

• Yes - Min 10 words
    • Yes - Min 5 words
    • No

Posted (edited)

To prevent low quality one word posts I've been considering implementing a minimum post length of 5 words.

The problem is for the image based threads for example, it won't be possible to post just a simple image any more. Some text will need to be added...

What are everyone's thoughts?

Edited by spunko

17 minutes ago, spunko said:

To prevent low quality one word posts I've been considering implementing a minimum post length of 5 words.

The problem is for the image based threads for example, it won't be possible to post just a simple image any more. Some text will need to be added...

OK 🥴

Fine by me, I always thought just posting an image without accompanying well written prose a bit uncultured and low/mono brow.

We should be cultivating the educational, witty and satirical nature of our native tongue.

6 hours ago, spunko said:

Bollocks...!

XYY

7 hours ago, spunko said:

Nah - that assumes that all one word posts are low quality, when some of them can actually be very amusing. And if quality is the driver, eliminating one word posts isn't going to eliminate shit quality 20 word posts. 

Maybe there should be a maximum post count I don't want to see a whole thesis, or repeated pictures repeated again in a subsequent quote, which is repetative. Like Teletubbies.

Just now, MrPin said:

Maybe there should be a maximum post count I don't want to see a whole thesis, or repeated pictures repeated again in a subsequent quote, which is repetative. Like Teletubbies.

Mr Pin I thought you enjoyed my diatribes about gypsies. :CryBaby:

1 minute ago, snaga said:

is it currently a problem? I've not noticed :)

if it's not a problem, don't fix it.

Not really. But it's a personal gripe of mine, and I wondered if everyone else was equally as triggered. It would seem not... xD

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, one or two word posts are a waste of scrolling time.

I was thinking the opposite. I don't want to see somebody's arse repeated, or Carl's videos.

Actually for those of you sinners that do post videos, a one line explanation would be appreciated, before I decide whether to spend 2 hours of my life watching it.

Edited by MrPin

30 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Teletubbies shaking their bottoms! on Make a GIF

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I was thinking the opposite. I don't want to see somebody's arse repeated, or Carl's videos.

Actually for those of you sinners that do post videos, a one line explanation would be appreciated, before I decide whether to spend 2 hours of my life watching it.

I want essays written, I want nuances explored, footnotes appended and sources quoted.

We are not mere beasts of the field grunting one word utterances as if we were on mere social media.

We are men, the angels of the middle sphere who can craft beauteous objects with our words and should be doing just that.

Edited by Frank Hovis

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I want essays written, I want nuances explored, footnotes appended and sources quoted.

We are not mere beasts of the field grunting one word utterances as if we were on mere social media.

We are men, the angels of the middle sphere who can craft beauteous objects with our words and should be doing just that.

I've just creamed my literary pants, fffft....

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I like good prose, and sometimes a one word answer is just that. I'm not going to plod through a 2 hour video, to hear what could be said in 3 minutes.