• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Funn3r

Racist sexist ageist jokes to become criminal offence in Scotland

As per title. Hate Crime and Public Order Bill introduced to Scottish Parliament. 

"If you call someone an “old fool”, you will be committing a criminal offence even if you meant nothing by it and were just using a common phrase, age being a protected characteristic. Calling someone a “stupid boy” will similarly become illegal. "

Not that they need a specific new law to harass people as the existing Communications Act 2003 seems to do just as well.

More here 

They clearly don't understand how language works.  This law will merely make lawbreakers out of everyone; if a law is disobeyed by everyone just by being 'a normal human' then it just becomes a tool of oppression, ready to be used whenever 'they' want to make a point.

19 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

We are at this point

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

+1000 ( but its not that we don’t have enough criminals, more that it’s safer for authorities to criminalise former law abiding citizens -less chance of a the police getting a violent response during an arrest / when issuing a ticket)

8 minutes ago, Andersen said:

+1000 ( but its not that we don’t have enough criminals, more that it’s safer for authorities to criminalise former law abiding citizens -less chance of a the police getting a violent response during an arrest / when issuing a ticket)

There is going to start being push back 

32 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

There is going to start being push back 

Definitely. Over the last couple of years the number of people I know who are talking about how sick of all this shit they are has been steadily increasing.

Interestingly, they are the people who ten years or so ago would have been the "what's Liberty moaning about now" crowd.

Certainly sensing a change.

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

As per title. Hate Crime and Public Order Bill introduced to Scottish Parliament. 

"If you call someone an “old fool”, you will be committing a criminal offence even if you meant nothing by it and were just using a common phrase, age being a protected characteristic. Calling someone a “stupid boy” will similarly become illegal. "

Not that they need a specific new law to harass people as the existing Communications Act 2003 seems to do just as well.

More here 

How does one eyed Scottish cunt fit with these new laws ,i think Spy might have a problem

15 minutes ago, NewryH said:

And still songs of hate are heard at Ibrox and Celtic park and any other ground the ugly sisters happen to visit …..

That's irrelevant.  It is just the tittle-tattle of petty rivalry.  (And where would we be without it).

The problem is that we've got subsets of the community that are propagating at least explicit -ism, at often outright hate -- yet little* seems to be done about this.

[* sure, we hear the odd story about this sort of thing -- but they don't actually grab the problem and actually try to resolve it]

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

More here 

Criminalisation of political opposition by policing language, where've we seen this before?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dgul said:

They clearly don't understand how language works.  This law will merely make lawbreakers out of everyone; if a law is disobeyed by everyone just by being 'a normal human' then it just becomes a tool of oppression, ready to be used whenever 'they' want to make a point.

I believe they understand perfectly well. They want a tool of oppression, to be applied to the ideologically, chromosomally or pigmentally unworthy.

From the link in the OP:

To possess “inflammatory” material will specifically be a crime even if you had no intention to communicate it to others.

Show me the man and I'll show you the crime. Hate-free disclaimer: persons of all genders (or no gender) can commit crimes too.

Edited by Lightly Toasted

This is very serious as any Scottish visitor to this website would be committing a crime.

This is not for the purpose of policing language directly. This is a political weapon to bludgeon the population.

If you stand up to the establishment they can simply investigate you, look at your web history and prosecute you as there would likely be evidence that you had visited some sort of website that would pass the test of inciting hate under this insane law. In fact, by calling the law insane I would have committed a crime as mental health would be a protected characteristic

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

How does one eyed Scottish cunt fit with these new laws ,i think Spy might have a problem

One-eyed (disability) and Scottish (racial) would be instant violations. 

Ironically, cunt probably not? Unless it comes into a catch-all "hate speech."

Err, didnt the SNP get to power by being anti-English?

Theyve not really got any policies beyond spending more money from manly English tax payers.

Besides, as the highland branch of McSPy says- the lowlands are just full of drunk Paddies signing on.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

How are they coming along with punishing genital mutilation of boys and girls?

To criticise it would lead to jail time funnily enough.

Time to leave I think

9 hours ago, MrPin said:

Let's burn books. There maybe bad words in them.

Ah, you too have read Fahrenheit 451. Strange how the books written decades ago appear to be very redolent of life today. Almost as if they could see it coming. o.O