• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Harley

Guten tag, wo ist mein Trabant?

You are quite correct about OFCOM. It's a requirement of their "charter" (needed to broadcast) that you fall into the same space as all the others. Thou must not offend, etc. It's why the internet speaks the truth as it's unregulated. Frankly, I cannot understand why anyone thought this was a good idea, I suspect it was driven by advertisers.

PS: I think it should be mein, not meines. I have changed it. But let's get confirmation from @Stunley Andwin who speaks proper German. These are the real issues.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, spunko said:

You are quite correct about OFCOM. It's a requirement of their "charter" (needed to broadcast) that you fall into the same space as all the others. Thou must not offend, etc. It's why the internet speaks the truth as it's unregulated. Frankly, I cannot understand why anyone thought this was a good idea, I suspect it was driven by advertisers.

PS: I think it should be mein, not meines. I have changed it. But let's get confirmation from @Stunley Andwin who speaks proper German. These are the real issues.

I think you're correct.

Sein is a copula (linking) verb so takes a nominative object.

Edited by Syd Germs

19 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's why the internet speaks the truth as it's unregulated.

I'm not sure it's easy to find much "truth" amongst the spectacular porkies.

Not just you. What I got from Boris' speech on Sunday is that they're relaxing lockdown in order to give us enough rope to hang ourselves and up the fines before going back to how it was before plus they're preparing to throw the NHS under the bus.

6 minutes ago, This Time said:

plus they're preparing to throw the NHS under the bus.

Nobody on this site likes the NHS, as they all self medicate with Chinese sounding remedies.:o

6 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Natural wan king herbal supplements with 95% jiz zing phototynes?

I've always reckoned there are enough vitamins in food, without resorting to pills.

42 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Nobody on this site likes the NHS, as they all self medicate with Chinese sounding remedies.:o

A bit of grounded up Bengal tiger penis never did anyone any harm :CryBaby:

52 minutes ago, This Time said:

Not just you. What I got from Boris' speech on Sunday is that they're relaxing lockdown in order to give us enough rope to hang ourselves and up the fines before going back to how it was before plus they're preparing to throw the NHS under the bus.

Calm down dear... This sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy if ever I've heard one. The most prone to panic sorts who feared the end of the world (that didn't happen) are now focusing on the next wave which will surely prove their Armageddon scenarios correct. 

The NHS sacred cow is truly protected now, elevated to a status never seen before, anyway... Even young kids have been indoctrinated with their rainbows and scarecrow nurses.

The weird cult of NHS adoration and Covid-1984 hysteria makes me want get back in the sea and regress back to an amphibious state and give up on humanity.

19 minutes ago, spunko said:

Calm down dear... This sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy if ever I've heard one. The most prone to panic sorts who feared the end of the world (that didn't happen) are now focusing on the next wave which will surely prove their Armageddon scenarios correct. 

The NHS sacred cow is truly protected now, elevated to a status never seen before, anyway... Even young kids have been indoctrinated with their rainbows and scarecrow nurses.

The weird cult of NHS adoration and Covid-1984 hysteria makes me want get back in the sea and regress back to an amphibious state and give up on humanity.

Nah. That adoration will quickly give way to anger and hatred when people realise that NHS  workers have been swanning around in free taxis, eating free food and having such little work to do that they've got time to choreograph musicals while their loved ones died for lack of medical attention or because the NHS introduced SARS2 patients into the care system.

I think we'll be getting a demonstration very soon about just how thin the line between love and hate is.

What I got from Grant Shapps speech yesterday was that he was implementing Jeremy Corbyn's QE for the people agenda by magicking up millions of pounds to spend on roads and rail to "rebuild" the nation after the coronavirus and give millions of people jobs.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just incredible that it can now be announced by a Tory Government Minister.

3 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

What I got from Grant Shapps speech yesterday was that he was implementing Jeremy Corbyn's QE for the people agenda by magicking up millions of pounds to spend on roads and rail to "rebuild" the nation after the coronavirus and give millions of people jobs.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just incredible that it can now be announced by a Tory Government Minister.

And absolutely no one will mention Venezuela and how we are in danger to end up like them

It was a good few weeks ago that I said the irony could be we lose the NHS as a result of the Coronavirus response.

Now it looks way more likely, extrapolate the cost of the NHS forwards 5 years.

Then look at potential size of the economy over the next few years, debt burden etc and I think the lines collide.

3 minutes ago, planit said:

It was a good few weeks ago that I said the irony could be we lose the NHS as a result of the Coronavirus response.

Now it looks way more likely, extrapolate the cost of the NHS forwards 5 years.

Then look at potential size of the economy over the next few years, debt burden etc and I think the lines collide.

I think that all the luxury stuff the NHS does will go out of the window, such things like fertility treatment, non-essential cosmetic surgery, all gender based placating LBGTQ stuff (after all everyone is equal).

Mental Health will be pushed to one side into a separate entity away from primary health care.

Routine maternity services could be quite easily be pushed outside hospital grounds.

The NHS will be primarily back to what it was founded for, fixing people up to get them back to work and stopping people from bleeding to death in the street (most unpleasant).

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harley said:

Am I the only one who now listens to the MSM like some east German, reading between the lines and deciphering the real messages from what's said? 

The East Germans could always tune into West German TV....oh shit no they couldn't, the TV used French SECAM format which was incompatible. (Secam invented to keep the German TV makers out of the French market).

Edited by Dave Bloke