• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

maffo

The great majority of people, even the very highest risk groups, if they catch this virus they will not die, and I really want to make that point really clearly...

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

'People who have recovered and are now perfectly healthy.'

Seems a bit early to be making statements like that. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52662065

Up to 30% of patients who are seriously ill with coronavirus are developing dangerous blood clots, according to medical experts.

If you get ill with it, you get properly ill.

The link I posted before on Scotland bbc - 1/3 die and 1/3 still ill.

Posted (edited)

We need a list of probabilities of what you could die of (not just the stuff like cancer but like cows, pianos, and DIY) for a bit of context.  Based on actual deaths not micky mouse case figures, or anyone's elses!

Edited by Harley

31 minutes ago, eight said:

Up to 100% of patients who recover from Covid-19 will later go on to die.

How can you possibly say that.  They're not dead yet!  Equal chance of them becoming immortal! Probably not though!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, maffo said:

Well well well

This is nothing new and shouldn't be seen as revelatory - we've known this all along. In fact the same message was posted on this site from a different source in Australia

The figure is still ~ 1% mortality. What's that in number of people? Quite a lot I'd guess and quite noticeable when over a short period - bear in mind flu nibbles away the most vulnerable each year.

So, it's a lot of people all at once and the issue has always been, how do you manage it?

It will be the same issue this winter because Covid19, due to the lockdown, has barely dented the mortality of those that will die from it.

We have just kicked the mortality can to the winter of 2020.

That could be a beneficial delay if we learn about effective treatments from this first wave; although why China or the WHO don't have anything useful to say with respect to that, defeats me.

I wasn't the first person to post thie following, I don't now who did, but a "rep' to you. It say the same as Whitty and everyone has been saying for  a while.

Edited by Hopeful

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Bit of a bugger though if you do.

Quite.

You are unlikely to be hit by lightning but it will probably spoil your day if you are struck by it.

I knew two people who died of very rare forms of cancer. One variety was virtually unknown outside Africa and the other was so unusual none of the consultant oncologists had ever come across it. Not much consolation to the families that their relative got killed by a million to one chance.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Agreed. Nothing here is new at all.

This is a virus you don't want to catch. 90% don't fear death but other long term impairment.

There is simply not enough known about the virus or the consequences. As a result, not catching it remains the best option.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

This is nothing new and shouldn't be seen as revelatory - we've known this all along. In fact the same message was posted on this site from a different source in Australia

nothing new here, but is this a change of message from the Government? from "Be Terrified, Stay Home" to "It's not that bad really, get on with it, be sensible"

find out next week.

Edited by snaga

16 minutes ago, Errol said:

This is a virus you don't want to catch. 90% don't fear death but other long term impairment.

There is simply not enough known about the virus or the consequences. As a result, not catching it remains the best option.

It's been around for at least 6 months, millions have had it, no notable number of serious health issues for survivors reported as yet afaik. It's a limp wrist of a virus so far.

34 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Video title is complete bollocks. He does not say Covid 19 is 'harmless' to the 'vast majority' of people.
'Not dying' is not the same as 'harmless'.

26 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's so nice to see you two getting along for once :D

3 hours ago, Harley said:

We need a list of probabilities of what you could die of (not just the stuff like cancer but like cows, pianos, and DIY) for a bit of context.  Based on actual deaths not micky mouse case figures, or anyone's elses!

Quite a few of my relatives died in bizarre piano winching accidents.

4 hours ago, eight said:

Up to 100% of patients who recover from Covid-19 will later go on to die.

Something should be done about this. I blame decades of underfunding the NHS by greedy Tories. There would be no death if they paid our wonderful nurses the salaries they deserve. etc etc etc.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Errol said:

This is a virus you don't want to catch

As a general rule, you never want to catch a virus, but it seems pretty conclusive that their are lots of viruses that are a lot more unpleasant with a much higher chance of death.

We need to remember that this virus is generally killing the old, ill, and vulnerable. If you are not in this category you are pretty safe.

It seems to be worse than flu which can make fit, young, healthy people feel like death, but nowhere near as bad as a lot of those on this list.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_disease_case_fatality_rates

What ever became of those  "keep calm and carry on" signs we used to see all over the place ?

Good only knows what will happen if something really unpleasant happens in the west, imagine an outbreak of ebola, plague, smallpox or something worse... society would go absolutely to shit.

What I have learned is that those people that we have always taken the piss out of - preppers - are probably are not so extreme.

When all this calms down then we really are going to lay in some serious stockpiles of stuff and then get into proper stock rotation.  We have an enourmous chest freezer on order and that will be more or less permanantly full.

It really does not need to be like this, but it is clear that at the first sign of adversity, the general population (encouraged by the political class and the MSM) shit themselves and common sense goes out of the window.

I am now bored to death with all this shit and will withdraw to my basement.

I'll see you in the peak of summer when it has gone quiet, but before it all kicks off again in the Autumn.

Edited by Bornagain

2 hours ago, janch said:

I read somewhere a couple of weeks  back (somewhere on this forum I think)  that some autopsies were carried out on people who died of CV by doctors in Italy and they found inflammation was the main cause of death from secondary infections and that pumping oxygen into damagesd lungs with a ventilator could do more harm than good.  They also noted that no-one being treated for arthritis with anti-inflammatories died of CV.

They concluded that the right treatment for the secondary infections was to use anti-inflammatories and anti-coagulants.  If the right treatment is given to those seriously affected I doubt if the disease is as dangerous as we have been made to believe.

Clever little bugger, this virus.

Almost as if someone had designed it to respond aggressively to the obvious treatment...

Posted (edited)

I think Whitty and his science pals quickly moved into self congratulatary mode having "done the maths". I think they then likely shit themselves when someone pointed out that 10% of 10% of 10% of 65 million was still an awful lot and that would mean piles of bodies and a quickly over whelmed NHS denying the majority of any real care. Once a politician learned of this and realised the consequences in terms of popularity the way forward became clear.

Edited by man o' the year

23 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

As a general rule, you never want to catch a virus, but it seems pretty conclusive that their are lots of viruses that are a lot more unpleasant with a much higher chance of death.

We need to remember that this virus is generally killing the old, ill, and vulnerable. If you are not in this category you are pretty safe.

It seems to be worse than flu which can make fit, young, healthy people feel like death, but nowhere near as bad as a lot of those on this list.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_disease_case_fatality_rates

What ever became of those  "keep calm and carry on" signs we used to see all over the place ?

Good only knows what will happen if something really unpleasant happens in the west, imagine an outbreak of ebola, plague, smallpox or something worse... society would go absolutely to shit.

What I have learned is that those people that we have always taken the piss out of - preppers - are probably are not so extreme.

When all this calms down then we really are going to lay in some serious stockpiles of stuff and then get into proper stock rotation.  We have an enourmous chest freezer on order and that will be more or less permanantly full.

It really does not need to be like this, but it is clear that at the first sign of adversity, the general population (encouraged by the political class and the MSM) shit themselves and common sense goes out of the window.

I am now bored to death with all this shit and will withdraw to my basement.

I'll see you in the peak of summer when it has gone quiet, but before it all kicks off again in the Autumn.

Great post! 👍🏻