• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Mirror Mirror

Eurovision Song Contest-anyone watching?

Just had a look at R2 schedule to see if Ken Bruce was doing the radio show but there isn't an equivalent radio version.

I listened to it last year and it was the first time for absolute years, possibly ever, that I have managed to sit through all of Eurovision.

It is far better on the radio.

That's not a sideswipe at Graham Norton who I think is a decent presenter but Ken Bruce's radio commentary is very reminiscent of good old Terry.

Met my neighbour on the street she said are you all set for watching tonight? My blank face must have told her everything she needed to know and she said "Eurovision!" I like her so tried to reply with some platitudes about tradition and wasn't it good when Abba got their big break.

Just now, Funn3r said:

Met my neighbour on the street she said are you all set for watching tonight? My blank face must have told her everything she needed to know and she said "Eurovision!" I like her so tried to reply with some platitudes about tradition and wasn't it good when Abba got their big break.

When she asked you, you should have immediately clapped like a seal in response assuming she meant the NHS clap.

Simple mistake like this is how you end up in Room 101 for re-education.

Aleister Crowley said he trained himself to respond to things by cutting his arm whenever he didn't do it. I'll try that. Can you all please avoid saying "Enn Haitch Ess" for a couple of weeks until I get the hang of it.

12 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, but he was a nutter.

He certainly was not. Likely he worked for the secret service of his day, and many people believe he was Barbara Bush's dad

30 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

No, of course. No hint of nutter in him. What was I thinking!? :o

OK he was one rare individual, but that ≠ nutter

Apparently it was a replacement contest possibly featuring previous winners not this year’s contestants, but I’m not sure and since I’m not really interested, can’t be bothered to check.

To clarify on my OP a little, I didn’t “switch on”, rather walked into the room where the tv was on and the Azerbaijan entry was on, but by the time it occurred to me to start the thread, it had moved onto the Swedish song.

The juxtaposition couldn’t be greater.

Heres the Azerbaijan Song complete with chick in a kind of female version of the mankini, subliminal messaging and a cool 70s Mustang (Here I recommend the entire video).

and here’s the Swedish version featuring some very Swedish looking (not!) landwhales (10 seconds is quite enough).

8 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Apparently it was a replacement contest possibly featuring previous winners not this year’s contestants, but I’m not sure and since I’m not really interested, can’t be bothered to check.

To clarify on my OP a little, I didn’t “switch on”, rather walked into the room where the tv was on and the Azerbaijan entry was on, but by the time it occurred to me to start the thread, it had moved onto the Swedish song.

The juxtaposition couldn’t be greater.

Heres the Azerbaijan Song complete with chick in a kind of female version of the mankini, subliminal messaging and a cool 70s Mustang (Here I recommend the entire video).

and here’s the Swedish version featuring some very Swedish looking (not!) landwhales (10 seconds is quite enough).

First one; watch ith the sound off.

Second one; listen with the screen off.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, DTMark said:

Look out for Italy's song Fai Rumore (you make noise) - it's not instantly catchy but has become a bit of an anthem here. Little guy with big voice, really powerful, would have had a good chance.

Sanremo winner,when the hell you gonna send Annalisa Scarrone ?

Real contest probably a showdown with Russia,Romania and Bulgaria,the Russian ladies are gorgeous,Serbia the same,seems a theme,Eastern Europe women gorgeous,western land whales.

Edited by DurhamBorn

10 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Sanremo winner,when the hell you gonna send Annalisa Scarrone ?

Real contest probably a showdown with Russia,Romania and Bulgaria,the Russian ladies are gorgeous,Serbia the same,seems a theme,Eastern Europe women gorgeous,western land whales.

San Remo always turns out something decent - that song is quite special :)

4 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

You couldn't actually get a shitter collection of 'songs' if you tried. It's as if each country gets a demo CD from the bottom of the rejects bin and hands it over to the BAME/LGBTQZX+=-  mafia to embarrass themselves with. I think it's an Illuminati joke.

A decent songwriter isn't going to take a song that One Direction may record and make them serious money and make it into a joke that no one will ever record again by jettisoning it into the Europoptrash that is Eurovision.

That's been the case for the last thirty years.

You're in the game so if you wrote something and thought it would suit Taylor Swift, and if she recorded it you could buy a house, you wouldn't let some unknown backing dancer have it for Eurovision.