• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

Simple pleasures

1 minute ago, Popuplights said:

Fucking ay. How many wifebeaters did you sup?

To many I’ve put 7kg on recently I need to get back to my own house only been there to check no fuckers stole my bin and to get e-cigarettes juice .2 weeks away from home ffs

Posted (edited)

Listening to or watching nature anywhere. This simple pleasure is at it's best as the sun rises. It can be in  a rain forest or the silence high up a mountain.

Right now it's the birds in my garden as I eat breakast of blackberry and apple, a handfull of porridge oats and double cream in the sunshine. I'm sitting on an old green plastic sun lounger i retrieved from a skip. Each night i put it so that t catches the first sun and is warm to sit on - decadent or what ?! Silk threads of ballooning spiders are drifting past caught occasionally in the sunnlight. A tall blade of grass moves in the breeze and a green woodpecker digs in the lawn. Looking around for what I can see, I've just noticed that the pair of swallows have completed their new nest uder the eaves. It's good as there haven't been swallows here for the last 4 years and we used to have many. Perhaps this pair will fly into the living room through the back door and do a few circuits before leaving as swallows did in the past. Writing this I've noticed that I haven't heard a cockoo this year. ther is a sheep with a bad cough behind the hedge. Coronavirus I wondered? The woodpekcer has flown off and a female robin has just landed by my side. I alwasy drop 3 or 4 rolled oats.

Going for a swim in a secluded rocky cove where there is nobody else. It is at it's best on a low spring tide when the the sea is crystal clear so I can see the sand beneath, the shoals of sandeels darting around me, and the wet kelp fronds around the edges are arching out of the water and glinting in the sun.

Catching my own food

Watching the sun set

Going for a moonlit walk or riding a horse at night on full moon, cantering across grassland or along a beach.

A shag with a new woman in a wild place in the sunshine, this can be at any time of day.

They are the simple pleasures of having a great life without spending any money, if you are careful.

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Catching my own food

Watching the sun set

Going for a moonlit walk or riding a horse at night on full moon, cantering across grassland or along a beach.

A shag with a new woman in a wild place in the sunshine, this can be at any time of day.

It sounds like "The Olden Days".

Just now, Hopeful said:

Listening to or watching nature anywhere. This simple pleasure is at it's best as the sun rises. It can be in  a rain forest or the silence high up a mountain.

Right now it's the birds in my garden as I eat breakast of blackberry and apple, a handfull of porridge oats and double cream in the sunshine. I'm sitting on an old green plastic sun lounger i retrieved from a skip. Each night i put it so that t catches the first sun and is warm to sit on - decadent or what ?! Silk threads of ballooning spiders are drifting past caught occasionally in the sunnlight. A tall blade of grass moves in the breeze and a green woodpecker digs in the lawn. Looking around for what I can see, I've just noticed that the pair of swallows have completed their new nest uder the eaves. It's good as there haven't been swallows here for the last 4 years and we used to have many. Perhaps this pair will fly into the living room through the back door and do a few circuits before leaving as swallows did in the past. Writing this I've noticed that I haven't heard a cockoo this year. ther is a sheep with a bad cough behind the hedge. Coronavirus I wondered?

Going for a swim in a secluded rocky cove where there is nobody else. It is at it's best on a low spring tide when the the sea is crystal clear so I can see the sand beneath, the shoals of sandeels darting around me, and the wet kelp fronds around the edges are arching out of the water and glinting in the sun.

Catching my own food

Watching the sun set

They are the simple pleasures of having a great life without spending any money, if you are careful.

Not buying that mind.

You hide it well, but I can feel your pain....

XYY

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Not buying that mind.

XYY

Well, yeah. I'd like to be exploring the wild world rather than sitting in the landlord's garden. And I explore the wild world occasionally.

But i'ts good to sit in the garden too. I couldn't sit in a town.  A female blackbird has just hopped past. and about 3 minutes ago all hell broke loose in the hedge as a magpie tried to rob a nest.

Whether in the garden or exploring the world it's always in the wild, and sunrise alone is still the best time.

Riding horses is just an occasionaly pleasure now, as I decided the best horses were other people's. So reminiscing. But it's a simple pleasure. The most recent was an 8 hour ride in Mallorca 18 months ago. She was a neighbour on the property I was staying and we got chatting and she happened to have a couple of horses. Cracking 4yr old horse and cracking woman for the day's company. It was a fast ride through the mountains.

As for shagging a new woman in the wild at any time of day......

Edited by Hopeful

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Not buying that mind.

XYY

Still on the reclaimed sun lounger,

I haven't moved and the wildlife is used to me

A blackbird has just grappled with a slow worm about 25ft away. Far too big for the blackbird

The slow worm did its thing though and shed a couple of inches of its tail and slithered off.

The balckbird got something manageable after all

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Still on the reclaimed sun lounger,

I haven't moved and the wildlife is used to me

A blackbird has just grappled with a slow worm about 25ft away. Far too big for the blackbird

The slow worm did its thing though and shed a couple of inches of its tail and slithered off.

The balckbird got something manageable after all

May I ask hopeful if you was to swim into your secluded cove today and someone else was there what would you do? Would you just sink?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

May I ask hopeful if you was to swim into your secluded cove today and someone else was there what would you do? Would you just sink?

Unlikely to happen as I enter the cove from the shore, and nobody else has ever been there because it's dofficult to get there - one day I may well die getting to t when frailty and need overtakes sensibility and life preservation.

But if there was somebody else I wouldn't go down because I'd let the other person have their isolation - because that's what I'd want and to want to swim there you would have to appreciate what I appreciate..

But if I was to swim in and it was occupied. I'd swim back out.

if it was a fit bird I'd then coincide my return before she left completely.

As for going undewater.

I had a great exccentric scientific friend who spent much of his life underwater. Even in his 80s he was free diving. He was off to the Maldives (he supplied old computers to schools there at his expense) and he bought a new underwater pocket camera. He wanted to get used to using it and so went to the local sports centre and took it into the pool where he swam to the bottom and took pictures of the fat ladies swimming overhead. He couldn''t understand why he was banned.

PS, you are very disappointing. Whenever I see your name I think I've got two Reps "Covid and Life', just to find I've only got one.

Edited by Hopeful

2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

PS, you are very disappointing. Whenever I see your name I think I've got two Reps "Covid and Life', just to find I've only got one.

Me too.

Rep whore..!!!

XYY

28 minutes ago, Southmartin said:

Walking

Yep.

It's what your body was designed to and do pretty much for the whole day. It feels right and spending the day in a long non-strenuous walk in fine weather and mostly natural surroundings leaves you feeling almost as good as you can ever feel.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have never had that but it does look very nice indeed.

If you buy some, you want a good lard to jelly ratio as it is the brown jelly that tastes good.

Warming it up and dipping your bread in it is a good way of enjoying dripping. Sticking a few slices of pork and some decent stuffing on your "dipped" bread is highly recommended.

And levels of salt that would have any modern person shitting in their pants should be sprinkled on the top to enjoy it at its best...

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

If you buy some, you want a good lard to jelly ratio as it is the brown jelly that tastes good.

Warming it up and dipping your bread in it is a good way of enjoying dripping. Sticking a few slices of pork and some decent stuffing on your "dipped" bread is highly recommended.

And levels of salt that would have any modern person shitting in their pants should be sprinkled on the top to enjoy it at its best...

XYY

It's horrible, but my parents liked it.